Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Random Thoughts

Level 01: Get to know the other posters better. What do they do when they don't read comics?
Jazzkantine

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Jazzkantine » 23 Aug 2019, 12:08

It’s not like I am not reading along anymore.
Uncanny X-Force: Mimic, Omega, Timeslip, Siphon, Red Lotus, Grid, Frenzy, Savitar - (Shaara), Graymalkin, Nil

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 24 Aug 2019, 19:10

I took about a 2-3 year absence when I was doing a graduate program, and working a part time job, and living at home with my folks without internet. I was definitely glad when those days ended.
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 25 Aug 2019, 22:19

Tofo.me seems possessed at the moment. What Instagram alternative viewers don't suck?

medium13

Post by medium13 » 27 Aug 2019, 18:18

I think I accidentally deleted the most recent posts. Sorry folks.

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 27 Aug 2019, 20:14

Conspiracy! You wanted to erase Luzifers confession and all the sharing of love that generated. Shenanigans!
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 27 Aug 2019, 20:28

Indeed, medium must hate me. Can you believe that he even orchestrated for his sister to be nine-months pregnant and about to give birth, just so that he had an excuse not to meet me in person while I was in NYC way back in fall 2008? But the joke's on him... ten years of birthday and Christmas presents from uncle medium must cost a little fortune. haha
[PL_2.0]

medium13

Post by medium13 » 27 Aug 2019, 20:34

I was shocked and pleased to see the great Lavettye reveal this afternoon as I was skimming this this thread. I haven't posted little in recent years and read threads even less. But, I was very happy to see you re-emerge hopefully happier than before. I have had many transitions in life since my early days here as well. I will say, the memory of our bad timing for your NYC visit came to my mind this afternoon. My expenses have tripled since then - I have three nephews in addition to my niece. I was waiting for someone to say they missed me in those comments but I guess nobody missed old Medium13 :)

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 27 Aug 2019, 20:58

;) Too bad that you accidentally deleted the many posts that all mentioned appreceating and missing you before you got a chance to read them.

I'm glad that you are a still doing well.
[PL_2.0]

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 28 Aug 2019, 02:24

Dude. I thought the Summers/Grey family was bad. DCs Allen/West/Thawne family is all over the place.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 28 Aug 2019, 15:14

@Medium— I miss you, boo ❤️
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

medium13

Post by medium13 » 29 Aug 2019, 00:43

Luff you too, Das :)

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 29 Aug 2019, 10:49

A webcomic I've read for about 13 years finished it's initial story this week. The ending was...not great and the community has been pretty negative about it.

I bring this up because it's gotten pretty acrimonious on the forums there, forums I actually hadn't been part of until recently, and it's devolved into a lot of "I'M THE VICTIM!" and "Stop trying to be the victim" type of things. It makes me appreciate my time here even more than I already do. If someone doesn't like something they aren't treated poorly for it. They may be confronted, but it's not with name-calling or anything like that, most of the time.

Stop thanks for being awesome even when you disagree with others!
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 29 Aug 2019, 11:01

What web comic was it?

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 29 Aug 2019, 12:03

Misfile

Heaven is a filing depot. Bum angel gets caught getting high and in an attempt to hide his actions accidentally puts a boy's file in the girl cabinet, turning them into a girl, and sweeping two years of a girl's life literally under the rug.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 29 Aug 2019, 15:12

tokenBG1009 wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 10:49
A webcomic I've read for about 13 years finished it's initial story this week. The ending was...not great and the community has been pretty negative about it.

I bring this up because it's gotten pretty acrimonious on the forums there, forums I actually hadn't been part of until recently, and it's devolved into a lot of "I'M THE VICTIM!" and "Stop trying to be the victim" type of things. It makes me appreciate my time here even more than I already do. If someone doesn't like something they aren't treated poorly for it. They may be confronted, but it's not with name-calling or anything like that, most of the time.

Stop thanks for being awesome even when you disagree with others!
Been following Misfile for about the past three years. I generally avoid comments/forums for webcomics and this is why. I will agree the ending was a cop-out and a let down but I never saw myself as a "victim" because it didn't end the way I wanted it to.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 29 Aug 2019, 21:23

I've followed it since about 2005. Waited for this ending the entire time and it was extremely disappointing. Do not understand the reaction people are having though. Some people just don't take disappointment well?

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 30 Aug 2019, 02:38

tokenBG1009 wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 21:23
I've followed it since about 2005. Waited for this ending the entire time and it was extremely disappointing. Do not understand the reaction people are having though. Some people just don't take disappointment well?
They don't. There are people now who believe that anything that doesn't make them tingly-happy on the inside is attacking them personally and individually.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 30 Aug 2019, 03:18

Thank you! I don't know how many people I've seen attacking writers for making characters do "problematic" things. It's like... do you not understand conflict? Characterization? Growth?
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 30 Aug 2019, 14:22

EphemeristX wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 03:18
Thank you! I don't know how many people I've seen attacking writers for making characters do "problematic" things. It's like... do you not understand conflict? Characterization? Growth?
This is not a new thing. From progressives who want to censor Huck Finn for it’s use of the n-word, to Ms. Grundy types who clutch their pearls at books with sex or drugs, people have always struggled to read with nuance stories with character complexity or narrative subtlety. There’s a subset of readers who just can’t see beyond the surface of a story or a sentence, and understand any kind of context or subtext. And with all due respect, I hypothesize that those readers are over represented in the comics readership. So many comics are pretty simple and unsubtle and lend themselves to surface reading, so those readers gravitate to comics.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 30 Aug 2019, 17:08

I was once told "don't criticize a book (it goes for comics and movies too obviously) because it wasn't what you wanted it to be." But I think that's a concept that's much too sophisticated for most people in the internet age.
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 30 Aug 2019, 17:39

I think you can still criticize it as long as you place it in that context such as "I found the ending to personally be less than emotionally satisfying due to XXXXX" so it makes it more clear that this is YOUR viewpoint and expectations. When folks have said that about my writing, I never took offense. Now if it is "You Vicitimized me by not giving me the ending I wanted!" that is just asinine.

In the case of Misfile, I wasn't satisfied with the ending because the alleged Main Character really didn't have that growth I like to see. Like the ending pulls this crazy Deus Ex Machina (and even one of the characters points out how insane it is, though I think that is to set up a future sequel arc in the same world) that just gives everyone, even folks who were only significant briefly years ago, a forced happy ending by having the M.C. get rewarded for being stubborn about "What Makes Me Comfortable" over the entire series. The Love Interest had a much better character arc.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 30 Aug 2019, 19:50

It reminds me of my response to the end of Bleach...
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 31 Aug 2019, 20:02

I thought this might be helpful information for everyone: this weekend you can get Disney+ for about $3 a month if you pre-pay for 3 years. It's a great deal if you know you are already going to use the service. You sign up for the deal through their fan club.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 31 Aug 2019, 20:23

Is it confirmed that it’s going to be available in regions other than the US?
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 31 Aug 2019, 20:28

Guess it will be included in a bigger European release wave. A lot of, if not all countries in Europe have Buena Vista as the official Disney distributor so I think that’s why it will be around spring 20.