Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
XtremeOne1

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Post by XtremeOne1 » 12 Jun 2019, 05:54

I know we have a fan Final Fantasy VII fans here, so I've got to ask, what does everyone think of all the remake news?

Release Day is March 3rd, 2020 and it is still "episodic"....

I mean, it's interesting. It isn't episodic in the way Walking Dead is episodic. It's more like Star Wars, or in Video Game terms Xenosaga. Full experiences that are part of a bigger story. How it will work out, I'm not sure. The whole game in Midgar, which is only 10% of the main game? That's...quite the choice. But it also sounds like we'll experience a lot more character building and more world building. Nothing wrong with that! I'm cautiously optimistic.

The battle system also sounds very different; a combo of new school(action rpg-y) mixed with old school(ATB Gauge leading into the Tactical Mode)

I really hope it's all worth it. I've already pre-ordered, so I'm in.

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vii-re ... 1835393635

tokenBG1009

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Post by tokenBG1009 » 12 Jun 2019, 06:10

I feel like this is going to be something that goes 3 - 5 episodes. At 1 every 2 years I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get the final episode around, ugh, 2030.

I preordered the 1st Class edition. They completely sold me with the E3 presentation.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 12 Jun 2019, 15:34

I think it'll be 2 or 3. The old game was three discs and most of the first disc was Midgar and the third disc was literally just the final dungeon. If the second game is next-gen, it could be open world and handle most if not all of the remainder of the plot. Also, they've clearly reorganized the plot structure, so things are going to happen in Midgar that didn't happen until later for the sake of pacing.

It was either split here or after the bit with the sword, you know. And, judging by the trailer, they've greatly expanded Midgar to make it worthwhile as a standalone game.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 13 Jun 2019, 20:02

Yeah, I think that we might even see stuff like the Golden Saucer being part of Midgar. I feel like the first instalment is going to be super heavy on the science stuff and then the second game is going to be where it really opens up into the mythos of the Cetra.

Just... like, all I’m asking is PLEASE give me some Red XIII soon!
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Jun 2019, 20:23

If we're going to get Yuffie, Vincent, Cait Sith, and Cid in this game, they're going to have to switch some things around. I wouldn't be opposed to having Biggs, Wedge, and Jesse as playable for the Midgar part, though.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 13 Jun 2019, 22:16

I mean... controversial opinion for a recovered emo and goth... but I’m not too bothered about seeing Vincent. Yuffie, yes. Cid, yes. Red XIII is my whole life. But honestly, I really don’t care overly about Vincent or Cait Sith 🤷‍♂️
ASPIRING WRITERS!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Jun 2019, 22:31

I absolutely never used Cait Sith when I didn't have to but I thought his story hook was interesting. Vincent's spin-off game actually made me like him less as a character. The absolute worst of mid-2000s overwrought anime storytelling.

Honestly, most of the larger FFVII universe can suck it. Outside of Advent Children.

I really don't know about Gold Saucer. Act II needs it where it is, I think. But we do get the Honeybee Inn and all that nonsense. I really hope they keep most if not all of it. Cloud being cute enough to pass as a girl and getting hit on is super fun.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 Jun 2019, 06:25

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get Vincent and Yuffie. At the earliest, Yuffie can be recruited shortly after Midgar. Vincent is FAR into the future of the game though so it will be weird to have him earlier. Granted, both of them are completely inconsequential to the story due to being optional characters so it won't make much of a difference to introduce them sooner if they wanted to.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 27 Jun 2019, 10:39

That said though, the developers have said some things are changed from the original. I think that there’s every chance that Yuffie and Vincent become key party members and they tie their plots closer to the main plot... which makes sense. Vincent’s hatred of Hojo and the entire Wutai subplot are easily made intrinsic to the full plot of the game.
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 27 Jun 2019, 11:09

With the game being split over three (?) parts my guess is certain characters like Yuffie and Vincent make there appearances then. That way when you get the new story content you also get a new character to level up etc.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 27 Jun 2019, 12:08

I have to admit, having seen how well they’ve done for Midgar, I’m pretty excited to see how well they do Cosmo Canyon, Wutai, and the Temple Of the Ancients
ASPIRING WRITERS!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 27 Jun 2019, 14:36

With the amount of detail they're giving Midgar, I can only imagine
Spoiler: show
how horrible Sector 7 plate's falling is going to be.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 28 Jun 2019, 03:19

Hey Eph, I hide half your comment under the spoiler tag, just for any NEW fans that might have the remake be their first FF7 experience. I guess we should use that when talking about plot spoilers(and only plot, not like moves, places, or even characters, unless it's a spoiler for that character).

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 05 Jul 2019, 22:40

EphemeristX wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 14:36

Holy corporate terrorism, Batman, I had NOT thought about that.
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 06 Jul 2019, 00:04

FF7 is one of my favorite games, so I'm definitely interested in this, though with tempered expectations. The whole idea of an episodic release really worries me (that and the fact they announced it in 2015 and apparently have only made enough of the game up to Reactor #5 to show off). Also not a fan of dumping the turn-based battle mode, I wish we had more of those not less.

Didn't realize they were changing up the plot structure heavily though, but that's probably for the best. Midgar was maybe a fourth of the original game, and obviously they could do a lot more with it, so it makes sense to expand upon that.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 06 Jul 2019, 02:31

das_boot wrote:
05 Jul 2019, 22:40
EphemeristX wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 14:36

Holy corporate terrorism, Batman, I had NOT thought about that.
And given that
Jessie, Biggs and Wedge are going to have meatier, more in depth roles(supposedly) there deaths are going to be pretty hard to take!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 11 Sep 2019, 19:20

The new Tokyo Game Show trailer dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBpq_Jq7yn0

I. Am. So. HYPED!

More Jesse, Biggs, and Wedge. Reno. Rude. Tseng. Don Corneo. Aerith's dress. Frog status. Party collision in battles. Parachutes. Motorcycles. Ifrit and Shiva. Soldier 2nd class. President Shinra. Motorcycles. Monkey bars. Tifa doing pull ups. The tower. Destruction.

God, I can't wait for March. Ugh. I need to take a sick day when this comes out.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 12 Sep 2019, 03:57

Don Corneo is in the building!