Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-Men Dark Phoenix

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
RingOtaku

Re: X-Men Dark Phoenix

Post by RingOtaku » 01 Mar 2019, 04:05

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 23:34
Why watch Simon Kinberg ruin Dark Phoenix again when you could be watching The Umbrella Academy? This movie is going to make me appreciate The Gifted.
But will this make you appreciate X-Men Origins Wolverine?
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 01 Mar 2019, 07:16

Let's not go crazy just yet...

Wings

Post by Wings » 01 Mar 2019, 13:35

https://vimeo.com/320599488

New International trailer, I think this one is way better than the first.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 01 Mar 2019, 16:18

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 07:16
Let's not go crazy just yet...
Someone should have told Fox that before Apocalypse and New (vaporware) Mutants
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 06 Mar 2019, 03:06

Is it me or does Jean's hair get darker when she's Phoenix...like almost brunette. Sophie Turner part of Taylor Swift's terrible, basic, squad right? So I guess she's supporting Swift's campaign of "Brunette's are evil!"

These trailers are so bland and generic. In the age of Marvel and DC's resurgence, these dark, unfun trailers with it's CGI and cliched dialogue just don't do it any more.

The only good thing is, this is it. No more Fox X-Men after this. I'm excited to see something more in the spirit of X-Men, with, maybe, some actually decent written characters(outside of Logan, Xavier and Magneto, with, the latter two just being boring, immortals at this point).

BYe to that terrible Mystique(who was basically a boring version of Katniss). Bye to every terrible version of Storm(who played second string, who, is all 'it's too late' for her best friend...Storm, who has a major trait of undying loyalty in the comics but has a trait of 'nothing' in the movies). Bye to Jean, who will hopefully find a better actress(Sophie Turner is good in Game of Thrones but her shaky American accent really hold her back). Bye to jokester Quicksilver, to character-less Nightcrawler...bye to this colorless, bland world that is Fox X-Men movies.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 06 Mar 2019, 06:51

I know that she married a Jonas Brother and is in their new video.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 06 Mar 2019, 16:26

IGuys, so, i loved the discussion about the nature of the Phoenix Force, but really? I guess im overtly positive or delusional, because im excited for this film, i dont think i could ever not be excited for and X-Men film, i have high hopes (or blind faith) that this will be a nice good bye to the franchise, and that Sophie Turner will deliver.

My theory is that Lillandra plays a version of Cassandra Nova, and she does the manipulating.

In the international trailer you actually see that it is some sort of cosmic force, and Jean survives because of her powers, which is nice.

Its a shame, though, that Storm (apparently) wont have a bigger role, and that they chose to continue with the misguided every movie stands in a decade. How old is the first Generationg guys supposed to be?
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 06 Mar 2019, 22:07

XtremeOne1 wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 03:06
These trailers are so bland and generic. In the age of Marvel and DC's resurgence, these dark, unfun trailers with it's CGI and cliched dialogue just don't do it any more.

The only good thing is, this is it. No more Fox X-Men after this. I'm excited to see something more in the spirit of X-Men, with, maybe, some actually decent written characters(outside of Logan, Xavier and Magneto, with, the latter two just being boring, immortals at this point).

BYe to that terrible Mystique(who was basically a boring version of Katniss). Bye to every terrible version of Storm(who played second string, who, is all 'it's too late' for her best friend...Storm, who has a major trait of undying loyalty in the comics but has a trait of 'nothing' in the movies). Bye to Jean, who will hopefully find a better actress(Sophie Turner is good in Game of Thrones but her shaky American accent really hold her back). Bye to jokester Quicksilver, to character-less Nightcrawler...bye to this colorless, bland world that is Fox X-Men movies.
This. One-thousand times this.

I can’t tell you how disgusted I am with Fox’s X-Men franchise. Until recently, I thought I was just apathetic about it. But the other day I thought I might finally get around to watching X-Men Apocalypse, and after reading the blurb I couldn’t even muster enough interest to rent it for four bucks.

As I thought about it further, I got really angry that I care so little for this franchise. Fox has completely ruined X-Men movies. They’re tiresome, drab and such a waste. Back in 2001 it was just such a treat to finally see the X-Men in a movie. But the franchise never improved on that early offering, which wasn’t that good to begin with and only got by on novelty points.

EDIT: You know what’s ridiculous? I was scrolling through this thread and saw that back in November I posted this:
Nu-D wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 01:47
Nu-D wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 12:13

I doubt I’ll bother to see this. I gave up on this franchise a while back. I think I may have seen DoFP, or maybe AoA, but I know I haven’t seen both and whichever one it was it was so un memorable that I can’t be sure. Did one of them have Bishop and Blink? I think I remember those characters.
Decided to rent X-men Apocalypse tonight, and it turns out I have seen it before. It’s just so aggressively mediocre that I forgot I had seen it.
Yet only a week ago I AGAIN looked at the movie and had forgotten that I had seen it before, TWICE. I couldn’t tell you anything about it right now.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 06 Mar 2019, 23:01

I remember watching Apocalypse and falling asleep shortly into the movie. At some point I kind of want to try again, but nothing about that movie ever excited me.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 07 Mar 2019, 02:46

Nu-D wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 22:07
XtremeOne1 wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 03:06

This. One-thousand times this.

I can’t tell you how disgusted I am with Fox’s X-Men franchise. Until recently, I thought I was just apathetic about it. But the other day I thought I might finally get around to watching X-Men Apocalypse, and after reading the blurb I couldn’t even muster enough interest to rent it for four bucks.

As I thought about it further, I got really angry that I care so little for this franchise. Fox has completely ruined X-Men movies. They’re tiresome, drab and such a waste. Back in 2001 it was just such a treat to finally see the X-Men in a movie. But the franchise never improved on that early offering, which wasn’t that good to begin with and only got by on novelty points.

EDIT: You know what’s ridiculous? I was scrolling through this thread and saw that back in November I posted this:
Nu-D wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 01:47
Nu-D wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 12:13

I doubt I’ll bother to see this. I gave up on this franchise a while back. I think I may have seen DoFP, or maybe AoA, but I know I haven’t seen both and whichever one it was it was so un memorable that I can’t be sure. Did one of them have Bishop and Blink? I think I remember those characters.
Decided to rent X-men Apocalypse tonight, and it turns out I have seen it before. It’s just so aggressively mediocre that I forgot I had seen it.
Yet only a week ago I AGAIN looked at the movie and had forgotten that I had seen it before, TWICE. I couldn’t tell you anything about it right now.
The crazy thing is that for every Apocalypse, there's Logan. For every X3, there's First Class. For every Wolverine: Origins, there's Deadpool.

They are so schizophrenic it's unbelievable. Logan is the best comic book adaptation I've ever seen. Wolverine: Origins is close to the worst. I just don't understand...
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

Cable

Post by Cable » 17 Apr 2019, 18:17

Best X-Comic last week: House of X #6
Best non X-Comic last week: Punisher #16

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 17 Apr 2019, 20:53

I am... still excited for this. And i mean genuinely excited, i like the cast, i particularly like Jean, i want this to be good.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 17 Apr 2019, 22:44

Anna Raven wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 02:46

The crazy thing is that for every Apocalypse, there's Logan. For every X3, there's First Class. For every Wolverine: Origins, there's Deadpool.

They are so schizophrenic it's unbelievable. Logan is the best comic book adaptation I've ever seen. Wolverine: Origins is close to the worst. I just don't understand...
Eh. Logan was Pretty Good. First Class was OK. Deadpool isn’t really an X-Men movie (it’s like calling GotG vol.1 an “Avengers” movie: sure, it’s the same universe, but GotG is not Avengers, and Deadpool is not X-Men).

Of all of the Fox offerings, only Logan and maybe DP1 compete with the upper 50th percentile of MCU films.

You know what would be awesome? Since this is the end of the road for this franchise, Fox should let Dark Phoenix win, and kill them all and burn the Earth to the ground.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 18 Apr 2019, 01:27

Saying Deadpool isn't X-Men at this point is just fighting a losing battle. He's always been a part of the X-Men franchise. It would be closer to calling Incredible Hulk an Avengers movie.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 18 Apr 2019, 10:35

tokenBG1009 wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 01:27
Saying Deadpool isn't X-Men at this point is just fighting a losing battle. He's always been a part of the X-Men franchise. It would be closer to calling Incredible Hulk an Avengers movie.
In the movie, he refused to join the X-Men.

Groot is more of an Avenger, than DP is an X-Man (in the films).

Cable

Post by Cable » 18 Apr 2019, 12:25

Nu-D wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 10:35
tokenBG1009 wrote:

He is the leader of X-Force in the movies. You can say X-Force isn't the X-Men but you are kind of splitting hairs :P It's the same franchise.
Nu-D wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 22:44

You know what would be awesome? Since this is the end of the road for this franchise, Fox should let Dark Phoenix win, and kill them all and burn the Earth to the ground.
This would completely redeem them!
Best X-Comic last week: House of X #6
Best non X-Comic last week: Punisher #16

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 18 Apr 2019, 14:17

Just because Deadpool isn't an X-Man doesn't make his film not and X-man movie. Its part of the franchise. Hell, the two films feature Colossus, Teenage Mutant Negasonic Turtle, Domino, Cable, Shatterstar, Juggernaut, mutants, the X-Mansion, the Blackbird and much more. It's absolutely an X-Men film

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 18 Apr 2019, 14:38

Cable wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 12:25
Nu-D wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 10:35
tokenBG1009 wrote:

He is the leader of X-Force in the movies. You can say X-Force isn't the X-Men but you are kind of splitting hairs :P It's the same franchise.
More than that, for a while, Wade was living at the X-mansion, training there, wearing their colors/logo, calling himself an x-man, even going on an x-men mission. Granted we didn't see him get past "trainee" status so if you REALLY want to split hairs you can say that he hadn't graduated to a full fledged member of the team yet but that is still far more than Groot ever did. I honestly don't even see the logic in calling Groot an Avenger. The most he did was being in the same battlefield as the Avengers once. By that logic a ton of Wakandans are Avengers.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 18 Apr 2019, 15:49

If a casual viewer comes to you and says, “I want to see a X-Men movie, which should I watch” and you send them to Deadpool, you’d be misleading them unless you qualified the recommendation with “hey, this is in the universe and has some of the X-Men, but it’s more of a spin-off.”

If you want to talk about Fox’s entire X-franchise, that’s fine and it needs a name (maybe FMCU). But not all of the films in that franchise are “X-Men movies” any more than all of the MCU movies are “Avengers movies.”

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 18 Apr 2019, 16:41

FXU
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 18 Apr 2019, 21:16

The first five MCU movies aren't Avengers movies.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 19 Apr 2019, 02:13

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 21:16
The first five MCU movies aren't Avengers movies.
Captain America: The First Avenger?

Arguable either way.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 19 Apr 2019, 04:22

I say the only one that is arguably not an Avenger film is Iron Man, after that, it was all build up towards Avengers. The stories slowly entwined together. Basically, if we're thinking in comic terms; think of it like one of those "Gather The Team" opening arcs; just each issue focused on different characters; with Fury and SHIELD in the back story, slowly bringing them together.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 19 Apr 2019, 11:24

XtremeOne1 wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 04:22
I say the only one that is arguably not an Avenger film is Iron Man, after that, it was all build up towards Avengers. The stories slowly entwined together. Basically, if we're thinking in comic terms; think of it like one of those "Gather The Team" opening arcs; just each issue focused on different characters; with Fury and SHIELD in the back story, slowly bringing them together.
I think even with IM 1 they had a build up to the Avengers in mind.

I could go either way, really.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 19 Apr 2019, 12:55

Gibbering Fool wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 14:17
Just because Deadpool isn't an X-Man doesn't make his film not and X-man movie. Its part of the franchise. Hell, the two films feature Colossus, Teenage Mutant Negasonic Turtle, Domino, Cable, Shatterstar, Juggernaut, mutants, the X-Mansion, the Blackbird and much more. It's absolutely an X-Men film
Not to mention DP2 features Wolverine, Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Quicksilver, Storm and Nightcrawler. Cameo or not, it counts.