Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Avengers #133

If you have a hankerin' to ask questions about the Avengers, Spider-Man or any other Marvel title, feel free to post any questions here.
Post Reply
User avatar
nathanadler
Posts: 90
Joined: 22 Dec 2013, 05:25
Location: Newstead
Contact:

Avengers #133

Post by nathanadler » 06 Jan 2019, 02:24

Do members here recall in in this issue where Steve Englehart has Immortus state "five lives have I known"? Including his incarnation of Immortus in this issue, only three others were then known, Kang, Rama-Tut and the Scarlet Centurion. While Nathaniel Richards was probably that fifth identity, this is certainly not who Englehart intended so does anyone have other suggestions who he might have originally intended?

User avatar
Gibbering Fool
Posts: 3577
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 03:10

Re: Avengers #133

Post by Gibbering Fool » 06 Jan 2019, 03:21

Check this article out. It should give you everything you need. https://mightyavengers.net/characters/kang

User avatar
nathanadler
Posts: 90
Joined: 22 Dec 2013, 05:25
Location: Newstead
Contact:

Re: Avengers #133

Post by nathanadler » 06 Jan 2019, 03:55

Gibbering Fool wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 03:21
Check this article out. It should give you everything you need. https://mightyavengers.net/characters/kang
Thanks GB. And yep, I'm aware of all the in-continuity identities, but was more querying if people had ideas who Steve Englehart might have originally considered the fifth identity to be given he was the first writer to propose it.

User avatar
Monolith
Posts: 5956
Joined: 20 Feb 2007, 17:29

Re: Avengers #133

Post by Monolith » 06 Jan 2019, 05:12

Nathaniel Richards is the best answer. Kang's life did not begin when he became Rama-Tut -- he had a life beforehand.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
nathanadler
Posts: 90
Joined: 22 Dec 2013, 05:25
Location: Newstead
Contact:

Re: Avengers #133

Post by nathanadler » 06 Jan 2019, 05:38

Monolith wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 05:12
Nathaniel Richards is the best answer. Kang's life did not begin when he became Rama-Tut -- he had a life beforehand.
Now most likely, but not who Steve Englehart would end up revealing.

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 18148
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Avengers #133

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Jan 2019, 14:15

nathanadler wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 05:38
Monolith wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 05:12
Nathaniel Richards is the best answer. Kang's life did not begin when he became Rama-Tut -- he had a life beforehand.
Now most likely, but not who Steve Englehart would end up revealing.
Well that’s really all what we can go off: what was put in the comics.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Post Reply