Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Avengers #133

Level 08: If you want to converse about anything Marvel related like the Fantastic Four or the Avengers charter then try this level.
nathanadler

Avengers #133

Post by nathanadler » 05 Jan 2019, 05:19

Do members here recall in in this issue where Steve Englehart has Immortus state "five lives have I known"? Including his incarnation of Immortus in this issue, only three others were then known, Kang, Rama-Tut and the Scarlet Centurion. While Nathaniel Richards was probably that fifth identity, this is certainly not who Englehart intended so does anyone have other suggestions who he might have originally intended?

MartijnB

Re: Avengers #133

Post by MartijnB » 05 Jan 2019, 09:33

well, there's Iron Lad, but he can not be who Englehart meant either...

really though given Immortus's nature, didn't Englehart just want to create intrigue by dropping that number?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 05 Jan 2019, 13:35

FYI: for factual questions this is sorta the wrong forum, try the Marvel Universe thread that’s up at the top.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

nathanadler

Post by nathanadler » 06 Jan 2019, 01:03

Blackcyclops wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 13:35
FYI: for factual questions this is sorta the wrong forum, try the Marvel Universe thread that’s up at the top.
I've just returned to the forum after four or so years, and am a screen reader user so will require some better directions to "the top" please :D

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Jan 2019, 01:50

nathanadler wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 01:03
Blackcyclops wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 13:35
I've just returned to the forum after four or so years, and am a screen reader user so will require some better directions to "the top" please :D

In the Facts-Section of the Forum (which is at the top on the main page), there is a Marvel Universe section, similar to the X-Men section (see all here: viewforum.php?f=3). It's in those sections that posters are encouraged to ask fact based questions. Whereas this section (and the accompanying X-Pressions) are designated for Opinion stuff.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

nathanadler

Post by nathanadler » 06 Jan 2019, 02:16

Blackcyclops wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 01:50
In the Facts-Section of the Forum (which is at the top on the main page), there is a Marvel Universe section, similar to the X-Men section (see all here: viewforum.php?f=3). It's in those sections that posters are encouraged to ask fact based questions. Whereas this section (and the accompanying X-Pressions) are designated for Opinion stuff.
Thanks again. I thought because I was asking for people's opinions about what might have been originally intended, that this was the more appropriate location. Hope you understand my confusion.

If I go post there on this topic now, do I need to delete this thread?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Jan 2019, 02:39

Oh perhaps I read you wrong then...I thought you wanted a factual response to what was intended in that issue.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 06 Jan 2019, 03:20

Hey we have a very handy spotlight on Kang on our MightyAvengers.net page that details all his incarnations. Check it out right here: https://mightyavengers.net/characters/kang

nathanadler

Post by nathanadler » 06 Jan 2019, 03:36

Blackcyclops wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 02:39
Oh perhaps I read you wrong then...I thought you wanted a factual response to what was intended in that issue.
I'd love a factual response but unless someone's been able to extract the truth out of Steve Englehart, I was more expecting members might offer their theories. Having interviewed Steve a number of times in the past, I doubt he would have divulged his intention to anyone here ;)

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Jan 2019, 14:17

nathanadler wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 03:36
Blackcyclops wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 02:39
I'd love a factual response but unless someone's been able to extract the truth out of Steve Englehart, I was more expecting members might offer their theories. Having interviewed Steve a number of times in the past, I doubt he would have divulged his intention to anyone here ;)
I mean I don’t know what else to say...we can only give answers from canon (ie things that did come out), not what a writer intended but never wrote or what they said in interviews years later. Like I said, the consensus around here is that we’re okay with a shared universe that involves multiple writers telling a long narrative and so we count what gets put on paper and printed, so to speak.

Now as Gibbering said we do have a great Spotlight on the site that provides ALOT of info

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 07 Jan 2019, 15:19

I think nathanadler wants us all to participate in a bunch of speculation and debate on the finer points of continuity. Consequently, these threads he’s startling principally belong in opinion-based forums, or even over on uncannon as a sort of non-fiction fanfic.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Jan 2019, 15:43

Nu-D wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 15:19
I think nathanadler wants us all to participate in a bunch of speculation and debate on the finer points of continuity. Consequently, these threads he’s startling principally belong in opinion-based forums, or even over on uncannon as a sort of non-fiction fanfic.

Yeah I initially thought this was a question with answer able to be ascertained from material,not debate and theorizing.

My X-Men Draft Picks: