Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Dragon Age: The Dread Wolf Rises

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
EphemeristX

Dragon Age: The Dread Wolf Rises

Post by EphemeristX » 07 Dec 2018, 03:42

Yep. You heard that right. DA4 was just announced at the VGAs.

Now, it's not much more than a short teaser clip, that one infamous mural, and another, more infamous voice, but I. Am. So. HYPED!

AHHHHH!

Okay, for anybody who's interested, here's a link to the video.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Cable

Re: Dragon Age: The Dread Wolf Rises

Post by Cable » 07 Dec 2018, 04:00

Oh man it is going to be a long wait. I hope we get some more tie-in novels too.
Best X-Comic last week: Powers of X #2
Best non X-Comic last week: Invaders #8

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 08 Dec 2018, 04:33

UGH. I’m already stinging with
Spoiler: show
Solas’s betrayal. I’ll literally not trust a single one of my party until the end of this game
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Dec 2018, 07:07

Solas' turncoat reveal left me completely shook. I never romanced him, though. Boy Inquisitors always ended up with Dorian and girls ended up with Cullen. I feel bad for the potential Iron Bull lovers who made him sacrifice the Chargers. If you did that, though, you kinda deserved it.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 08 Dec 2018, 10:16

I'm currently playing through Inquisition for the first time. I've already been spoiled about the betrayal. Is said betrayer the voice from this teaser? It sorted sounded like him but I wasn't sure.

My character had a brief dalliance with Dorian before committing to Cassandra. I was working towards a relationship with Josephine but got too flirty with Dorian and Cassandra it seems.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Dec 2018, 15:35

Yeah, that's the voice.

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 08 Dec 2018, 16:16

First of all, Dorian and Vivianne are wonderful characters.
Even when someone here from this merry forum doesn’t like them... :mrgreen:

Second, I have absolutely no interest in this Solas story, but I am looking forward to some interesting characters in my group and a halfway nice character and world design.
Uncanny X-Force: Mimic, Omega, Timeslip, Siphon, Red Lotus, Grid, Frenzy, Savitar - (Shaara), Graymalkin, Nil

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 08 Dec 2018, 20:03

I loved the first Dragon Age so much, but I couldn't get very far in either 2 or 3. They didn't have enough of the old iso RPGs like BG and IWD in them and the stories became too human-centric.

I also couldn't stand that the love of my first character's life, Leliana was flouncing around with another party.
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll
Avengers International Draft: France|Spectrum|Capt. Universe|Swordsman|Batroc|M|Finesse|Deadpool

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 10 Dec 2018, 15:35

I loved Dragon Age one - but Dragon Age Inquisition is probably one of my favourite games of all time.
So excited that things are following on almost directly - intrigued to see if the Inquisitor will feature as a lead character. I better be getting more Dorian if so...
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Dec 2018, 17:55

From what I've read, Dorian is very likely. The story is heading to Tevinter and Dorian always ends up taking a position back home.
I really hope Scout Harding is in the party and romanceable. I also want Maevaris. She's so cool and would make a fabulous replacement character for Dorian should he not be a true companion.

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 11 Dec 2018, 09:09

I would be all for that! Both excellent choices
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 12 Dec 2018, 10:40

Jazzkantine wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 16:16
First of all, Dorian is a wonderful character, and Vivienne is the worst
I fixed your post, Jazz 😘

I’m hyped. Although I massively doubt that the Inquisitor will play a large role due to events at the end of the DLC for Inquisition.
I really hope Flemeth isn’t dead. Or if she is, I REALLY hope that HBIC Morrigan takes on her mantle and GOES. TO. WAR.
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Cable

Post by Cable » 12 Dec 2018, 11:00

I think I am the only one that really liked Cole. I by far traveled with him the most. Maybe you had to read Dragon Age Asunder to appreciate him more.
Also spoilers if you did not play the DLC but
Iron Bull's betrayal affected me much more than Solas's. I spent much more time with him as well.
Best X-Comic last week: Powers of X #2
Best non X-Comic last week: Invaders #8

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 12 Dec 2018, 22:06

Oh, I really liked Cole, too. He was so weird and interesting. I always humanized him, though, because it seems to be what he wanted.
And I like the thought of him ending up with Maryden.

But I think the Inquisitor (and the Inquisition) will at least play an important story role even though I doubt they'll be playable. Inqui is too tied to Solas' development not to have them play a part.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 12 Dec 2018, 23:16

Cable wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 11:00
I think I am the only one that really liked Cole. I by far traveled with him the most. Maybe you had to read Dragon Age Asunder to appreciate him more.
Also spoilers if you did not play the DLC but
Iron Bull's betrayal affected me much more than Solas's. I spent much more time with him as well.
I played the DLC but i’ve just had to google to find out what the hell you were on about! I saved the Chargers so he didn’t betray me!
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 12 Dec 2018, 23:35

The Charges were more interesting than some of my companions. But not as interesting as Dorian and Lady Vivienne. :mrgreen:

I also liked Anders very much.
Uncanny X-Force: Mimic, Omega, Timeslip, Siphon, Red Lotus, Grid, Frenzy, Savitar - (Shaara), Graymalkin, Nil

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Dec 2018, 01:41

I wonder if some of the Inquisiton Multiplayer characters might make appearances. I find them intriguing and they even have tarot card art. I mean, since Isabela went from companion to mutliplayer character, why not maybe have one cross the other way? Amund, the hulking Avvar hammer bro with elemental powers seems like he'd be a blast to play. And Pala the Silent Sister. And Zither! (exclamation point included). Neria and Cillian, at least, have the potential to be related to the main plot, and since they're both from the same Dalish clan, that could be a cool bit of story.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 13 Dec 2018, 07:20

Actually, speaking of Anders... do you think Solas might be going around “collecting” people who have been, essentially, agents of chaos? Because seeing folk like Bull (since he can apparently turn traitor if you’re Cable— no shade Cable, I just can’t believe my whimsical one-eyed Qunari would turn on me, so I think it’s just you he hates), Isabella, Anders, and Morrigan could be interesting.
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 13 Dec 2018, 08:57

I always have a problem by the way certain women are being characterized like man on steroids in BioWare games.

Maybe I am just a guy with a soft spot? Feelings are very important for me, but I am also shy.

Sometimes I think I am like Josephine. „Oh my, oh my! I am so embarrassed, Lord Inquisitor. I showed to much of my ankles and elbows.“

Wings

Post by Wings » 13 Dec 2018, 16:48

don't see who you could mean by that Jazzkantine. I don't think any of the women in Bioware games could match that description. Even the butch characters like Aveline, Cassandra, Sigrun or Cora come nowhere near close.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Dec 2018, 20:53

Aveline, though clad head to toe in armor, is adorably shy when she develops feelings for the one guy. A whole mission was centered around helping her get the guts to ask him out.

Cassandra loves romance novels and fawns over them.

Neither are "men on steroids".

Even Sigrun is the chipperist little Legionnaire I've ever met.

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 13 Dec 2018, 21:43

Maybe steroid was the wrong word. I’ll try again: strong, independent women, who have a hard shell because they don’t want to expose their soft side to anyone.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 Dec 2018, 08:22

Jazzkantine wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 21:43
Maybe steroid was the wrong word. I’ll try again: strong, independent women, who have a hard shell because they don’t want to expose their soft side to anyone.
That... sounds worse, but I'm going with I understand where you're coming from though I disagree. Cassandra was easily my favorite love interest in Inquisition and Miranda Lawson was my favorite in Mass Effect.

I would say this is one of those situations where it's probably clearer, and less likely to get you some side-eye, if you'd say what you like and not what you don't like because I'm not sure there's a way to phrase your statement without upsetting someone.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 14 Dec 2018, 09:35

... I‘ll try it again. Gimme a moment.. BioWare is doing a lot of character recycling in Mass Effect and Dragon Age with men and women. Unfortunately, some main women characters „feel“ the same, in my eyes. Miranda, Morrigan, and Ash have similar character traits and behaving. Cassandra, and Jack do too.

But that’s just my 2 cents.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 Dec 2018, 10:48

Jazzkantine wrote:
14 Dec 2018, 09:35
... I‘ll try it again. Gimme a moment.. BioWare is doing a lot of character recycling in Mass Effect and Dragon Age with men and women. Unfortunately, some main women characters „feel“ the same, in my eyes. Miranda, Morrigan, and Ash have similar character traits and behaving. Cassandra, and Jack do too.

But that’s just my 2 cents.
Now I'm just starting to realize this might be one of my favorite character traits because I've romanced all of these except Jack and that's just because I haven't played through the Mass Effect series again.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya