Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Rob Liefeld - But why?

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
WonderDoug

Rob Liefeld - But why?

Post by WonderDoug » 23 Sep 2018, 18:55

Queer comedian who is just getting back into comic books after almost a decade. I got a lot of catching up to and I'm excited to be back on the boards.

Bigstever

Re: Rob Liefeld - But why?

Post by Bigstever » 23 Sep 2018, 19:34

I know I didn't. Curses!
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."
-Lloyd Alexander

ev82

Post by ev82 » 23 Sep 2018, 19:37

please no...
X-Men Editorial Draft
X-Men: Magik|Cannonball|Psylocke|Thunderbird II|Gentile|Petra
All New X-Factor: Havok|Frenzy|Forge|Sunfire|Bloodstorm(Mutant X)|Wild Child|Cipher

grief

Post by grief » 24 Sep 2018, 00:06

Why are there no "Because NO ONE DEMANDED IT!" style blurbs with ANY of the articles I've seen paired with this news? C'mon news sites, that's an easy one!

Anyone wanna guess that it involves "the real Cable" and probably crosses over X-Force and Domino (at least)?
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

WonderDoug

Post by WonderDoug » 24 Sep 2018, 00:14

I'm guessing really big guns and Shatterstar making out with a woman.
Queer comedian who is just getting back into comic books after almost a decade. I got a lot of catching up to and I'm excited to be back on the boards.

Cable

Post by Cable » 24 Sep 2018, 00:44

Liefeld corrected this on Twitter to say he said an EVENT and not a CROSSOVER. This makes me think it might be just a self-contained mini (like Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe or something). That makes more sense than to think Marvel is actually giving him a large role in the X-line next year.
Best X-Comic last week: Wolverine and Captain America: Weapon Plus
Best non X-Comic last week: Miles Morales Spider-Man #8

grief

Post by grief » 24 Sep 2018, 01:42

Cable wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 00:44
Liefeld corrected this on Twitter to say he said an EVENT and not a CROSSOVER. This makes me think it might be just a self-contained mini (like Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe or something). That makes more sense than to think Marvel is actually giving him a large role in the X-line next year.
I'm okay with anything that's self-contained and thus completely ignorable. Phew.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Sep 2018, 03:25

I'm just saying...

I'd read it.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

ev82

Post by ev82 » 24 Sep 2018, 03:36

tokenBG1009 wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 03:25
I'm just saying...

I'd read it to filth.
I think this is what you meant to say.
X-Men Editorial Draft
X-Men: Magik|Cannonball|Psylocke|Thunderbird II|Gentile|Petra
All New X-Factor: Havok|Frenzy|Forge|Sunfire|Bloodstorm(Mutant X)|Wild Child|Cipher

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Sep 2018, 03:48

ev82 wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 03:36
tokenBG1009 wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 03:25
I'm just saying...

I'd read it to filth.
I think this is what you meant to say.
Nah, I'm unashamed to say I actually do like his work. A huge part of that is nostalgia, but I've read worse.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 24 Sep 2018, 09:37

Well, I guess Chuck Austen wasn’t available :mrgreen:

I like Liefeld, he is an icon from the 90s and his work in that era has been good stuff.

Sure, if I were to work with him I wouldn’t turn my back on him... :?
Uncanny X-Force: Mimic, Omega, Timeslip, Siphon, Red Lotus, Grid, Frenzy, Savitar - (Shaara), Graymalkin, Nil

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 08 Jan 2019, 14:54

BC but nonetheless.

Reviving Cable? https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01/07 ... y-returns/

I find the quote, confirming at last what we all saw what was was happening, that Marvel indeed did the X-men injustice deliberately because they didn't have the movie rights more shocking.
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Jan 2019, 15:23

Thanks for that, Flapflop. It's pretty obvious now, seeing the return of the X-Men to the forefront and of the FF to, well, anything, that they were not pushing those brands before. And why would they? I never thought they were intentionally trying to crash the franchises. It always read to me that they were simply not a priority and that they wouldn't be using them in merchandising and licensed properties. Especially once Disney got involved. The comics are a drop in the bucket compared to the movies and the merchandise surrounding them.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Jan 2019, 15:30

EphemeristX wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 15:23
Thanks for that, Flapflop. It's pretty obvious now, seeing the return of the X-Men to the forefront and of the FF to, well, anything, that they were not pushing those brands before. And why would they? I never thought they were intentionally trying to crash the franchises. It always read to me that they were simply not a priority and that they wouldn't be using them in merchandising and licensed properties. Especially once Disney got involved. The comics are a drop in the bucket compared to the movies and the merchandise surrounding them.
Exactly...my problem was that people acted like Marvel was intentionally trying to NOT make comic money with a property they owned. The x-books still sold well (and you can hate Bendis but he was their biggest writer at the time) and still had books coming out. But like you said, they just didn’t give it priority, which makes alot of business sense.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 20 Jan 2019, 07:33

The costume of the new guy reminds me so much of another character.. :?:
Uncanny X-Force: Mimic, Omega, Timeslip, Siphon, Red Lotus, Grid, Frenzy, Savitar - (Shaara), Graymalkin, Nil

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 20 Jan 2019, 13:01

“When we were coming up with the team, I said look, back in 1991 I was jamming with two guys: Jim Lee on X-Men and Whilce Portacio on Uncanny X-Men. We were the three engines running that office in the early ‘90s when all the launches happened,” Liefeld says.

So arrogant! He still hasn’t learned that his success at that time was just a fad, one that passed by and demolished the mutant titles. He thinks they needed a “shot int the arm” but what he did was break their arms and legs and leave them crippled for years to come.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 20 Jan 2019, 14:39

Well it demolished the quality but not the sales...financially speaking he’s prolly not lying...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 20 Jan 2019, 15:18

Rob Liefeld is the Vince Russo of comics. Had a little success for a short time by being in the right place at the right time and decades later still thinks he can swoop in and do better because he was some sort of writing messiah despite all the fumbles since then he won't take responsibility for.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 21 Jan 2019, 10:27

Uninspiring. This is what went wrong at Marvel beginning 90's: give all top artist in the X-world script and plot power next to pencilling. (Some) Stories fell flat and in a year or two they all went to create their own label because now they thought they could do without Marvel because they gave them that chance in the first place.

A good artist isn't necessary a good writer and vice versa. There are exeptions ofcourse but better to keep those diciplines seperated
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."