Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Where to sell books?

Level 03: Titles from other publishers, comic books in general and anything comic-related that doesn't fit into any of the other forums.
RingOtaku

Where to sell books?

Post by RingOtaku » 07 Jan 2017, 18:51

So yeah. I have some comics that I want to sell off. My nearest shop isn't buying right now though. Anyone here encountered this issue and have suggestions on a quick and easy way to sell comics?
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

tokenBG1009

Re: Where to sell books?

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Jan 2017, 19:00

eBay? Easiest is if you don't have anything valuable is to sell them in bulk.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 07 Jan 2017, 23:48

I sold off all 2000+ of my monthly comics on ebay a couple of years ago. It's a flack-ton of work. Ended up selling in bulk for low prices. But they had to go.

Ebay basically has ruined the market for back-issues of comics. Every kid and their mother has a copy of whatever you've got on sale for $3 or less. Back-issues I scoured dozens of stores in multiple states, and paid $20-$25 for back in the late 1980's now sell for a buck on ebay.

grief

Post by grief » 08 Jan 2017, 00:03

I'm vaguely in the market for Excalibur vol. 1, Alpha Flight vol. 1, and Cable vol. 1 pre-issue 47 if you're selling any of those.

mycomicshop.com also buys comics, but having never sold to them, I can't tell you what they'd pay.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 08 Jan 2017, 01:17

grief wrote:I'm vaguely in the market for Excalibur vol. 1, Alpha Flight vol. 1, and Cable vol. 1 pre-issue 47 if you're selling any of those.

mycomicshop.com also buys comics, but having never sold to them, I can't tell you what they'd pay.
I have some Excalibur Vol. 1 from the first year. Pre-Cross Time Caper
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 08 Jan 2017, 07:29

I used to work at one of the physical stores for mycomicshop.com before they want all digital. Generally they just pay a bulk price for a box based on era and condition, but if you have special issues you'd like to get specific prices for they let you self-grade and quote you a price for those as well.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian