Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Hellions #5

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Blackcyclops

Re: Hellions #5

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Oct 2020, 22:40

Hahahahaha
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Cosmos666

Post by Cosmos666 » 16 Oct 2020, 00:29

Apparently some people here must be introduced to the Obfuscating Stupidity trope. Here, go waste a day: Obfuscating Stupidity

Cable

Post by Cable » 16 Oct 2020, 00:35

Cosmos666 wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 00:29
Apparently some people here must be introduced to the Obfuscating Stupidity trope. Here, go waste a day: Obfuscating Stupidity
This isn't what is happening because there is nobody on Krakoa that actually thinks Mr Sinister is stupid or harmless. Also he acts like a buffoon to himself when nobody else is around.
Best Comics of Week 47

Best X-Comic: Hellions #6 by Zeb Wells (1) and Carmen Carnero (2)
Best Non-X Comic: Marvels Snapshots Avengers by Barbara Kesel (1) and Staz Johnson (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic of week this year

Jesse James II

Post by Jesse James II » 16 Oct 2020, 07:53

Don't rattle your tassels, ladies and gents... 😏
I loved the interaction between Sinister and Paris. I alqo thought it was weird that they relied on Empath for their great escape,since they had at least one telepath ib the group who could also use her powers to make their opponents forget what they were doing. I"m curious of what will happen if this group dies... cause that is going to happen, otherwise all the sword searching would be in vain....
Last edited by Jesse James II on 16 Oct 2020, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 16 Oct 2020, 11:57

das_boot wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 21:27

No, for reals, the ten of swords (X of Swords) in tarot is a card that signifies betrayal. And there’s been the running theme of betrayal in the first few issues so I thought it would be cool as hell to keep hunting them down until SOMEONE decided to try to dethrone me in a title where Exodus made a play against Sinister.

BlackCyclops is the Exodus to my Sinister. Hands off my cape you fiend.
Ok, like i thought. Well seems to me then that someone or everybody on the tarot card X of swords they showed will probably betray at some point. But it will probably be more of a plot twist big betrayal later one then the smaller ones. But knowing Hickman he could also still ment it to be a theme through the whole story.
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 16 Oct 2020, 14:35

The Council meeting was the best part of this issue. It went a bit downhill once it focused on the rest of it's main cast. That's pretty much the problem with this title overall. Wells is a good writer but I find it hard to be interested in any of these characters for very long.

Cable

Post by Cable » 16 Oct 2020, 14:44

Jesse James II wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 07:53
Don't rattle your tassels, ladies and gents... 😏
I loved the interaction between Sinister and Paris. I alqo thought it was weird that they relied on Empath for their great escape,since they had at least one telepath ib the group who could also use her powers to make their opponents forget what they were doing. I"m curious of what will happen if this group dies... cause that is going to happen, otherwise all the sword searching would be in vain....
Some of the tension with the possibility of permanent death is taken out by the fact that Mr Sinister has his own cloning operation. I find it unlikely that he is doing this on a large-scale (i.e. I doubt he has a replacement for everyone who might die), but it is possible he has already created his own back-ups for some or all of the members of this team.
Best Comics of Week 47

Best X-Comic: Hellions #6 by Zeb Wells (1) and Carmen Carnero (2)
Best Non-X Comic: Marvels Snapshots Avengers by Barbara Kesel (1) and Staz Johnson (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic of week this year

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 16 Oct 2020, 14:52

His clones seem to already be complete too but in stasis. But because his cloning is seen more as cloning than resurrection (no download of a person’s mental “soul”) and the clones already exist (so basically multiples of certain characters could already exist), I wonder how it will be impacted by Otherworld?
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 17 Oct 2020, 19:18

I just read this god Empath is a Jerk...

Regarding Sinister's cloning operations are the clones the same person they seem to act differently from each other? I imagine he somehow downloaded his personality into them at some point otherwise why would he bother. The real question are any of the Sinister's the Prime version or does it not matter?

Sinister has likely backed up Professor X & the Five as it was previously mentioned they had backups in case one of them died. Either with stored Krakoan bodies or ones he can easily make.

It was nice to learn more about the different realms of otherworld

P-90

Post by P-90 » 17 Oct 2020, 20:03

The Krakoan resurrection process raises the question of whether the reborn character can truly be thought of as the the same 'person' as the original since that original is genuinely dead. Ben Reilly is biologically Peter Parker who had Peter's memories uploaded a his 'birth' and yet despite that he's definitely not Peter Parker. The reality warping powers of Proteus could be used to somehow locate and then transfer the actual consciousness/soul of the recently deceased into the new body which technically would make them the original character but then the whole action of making backup memories wouldn't actually be needed.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 17 Oct 2020, 21:33

P-90 wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 20:03
The Krakoan resurrection process raises the question of whether the reborn character can truly be thought of as the the same 'person' as the original since that original is genuinely dead. Ben Reilly is biologically Peter Parker who had Peter's memories uploaded a his 'birth' and yet despite that he's definitely not Peter Parker. The reality warping powers of Proteus could be used to somehow locate and then transfer the actual consciousness/soul of the recently deceased into the new body which technically would make them the original character but then the whole action of making backup memories wouldn't actually be needed.
I always thought that Proteus role in the resurrection protocols is something like that but bringing back the soul/consciousness to one body wouldn't necessarily bring all his/her memories as many characters have lost their souls yet their memories remain intact.
At the end of the day memories are just data/information.

Maddy Pryor was cloned from Jean, Mr Sinister did create false memories for her and her whole background was also designed carefully.
It is very likely she would have woken up without the Phoenix interference but, in fact, it was the Phoenix (when the original Phoenix host died) who sensed Maddy as a nearly perfect copy of Jean and partially merged with her somehow giving her some extra info and memories Maddy was not meant to have as per design and full conciousness.
Therefore, soul and memories are not necessarily linked and the back up is still needed to complete the process.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 17 Oct 2020, 22:47

I mean... I live for a good theory, but it’s literally stated what each of the five brings to the table when we discover the resurrection protocols...

Goldballs makes the eggs, Proteus warps reality to make them viable, Elixir injects them with genetic material and starts cell division, Tempus speeds up the process, and Hope combines their powers to make it all actually workable... I can see where you’re coming from, and it’s a good theory, I just feel like if there was to be a mystery about the RPs, it would be how they stumbled across stuff like Goldballs’ balls being eggs, or why that specific combination of five mutants as opposed to, say, Tempo for the time dilation (given that Hopeless boosts other mutants’ powers), for example.
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!