Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-Force #9

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Around The Fur

X-Force #9

Post by Around The Fur » 18 Mar 2020, 02:06

The issue opens with Wolverine and Daken playing their own version of Russian roulette...I guess this is a step up for their relationship lol.

We get to see a double page spread of many of the mutants partying that was a treat to look at. Very “where’s Waldo”esque.
5B5FF29E-BD3D-403C-975F-9D63BA880C45.jpeg
5B5FF29E-BD3D-403C-975F-9D63BA880C45.jpeg (526.69 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
Domino knows about everything that has happened to her but “doesn’t remember”... So there is something up with the resurrection as Domino clearly stated she wanted to remember the events leading up to this issue.
Avengers Draft Team- Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Silver Surfer, Ex Nihilo, Beta Ray Bill, Man-Thing, Nightmask, The Unseen and US Agent as The Brotherhood of the Shield!

Theme songs- "Hey! Get out of my way" by The Cardigans.

_Rick_

Re: X-Force #9

Post by _Rick_ » 18 Mar 2020, 02:44

Around The Fur wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 02:06
Domino knows about everything that has happened to her but “doesn’t remember”... So there is something up with the resurrection as Domino clearly stated she wanted to remember the events leading up to this issue.
But how would she remember those events? Isn't that up to when the last backup was made? Unless she specifically asked Xavier to scan her just before her death, she wouldn't remember. Am I missing something?

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 18 Mar 2020, 03:06

Bedlam, Lifeguard, Tempo, who are those two bulky ones over Apocalypse?

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 18 Mar 2020, 04:26

_Rick_ wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 02:44
Around The Fur wrote:
But how would she remember those events? Isn't that up to when the last backup was made? Unless she specifically asked Xavier to scan her just before her death, she wouldn't remember. Am I missing something?
84D0CA13-FDB1-4AFD-91E8-4C3A3B8C4879.jpeg
84D0CA13-FDB1-4AFD-91E8-4C3A3B8C4879.jpeg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 1510 times
It was Domino’s dying wish to remember the pain. This issue, Wolverine and Domino have a conversation about why she doesn’t remember. Domino writes it off as it makes her a better/happier person not to remember. I think this is an important scene as it shows the selectiveness in which Krakoans are brought back.
Avengers Draft Team- Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Silver Surfer, Ex Nihilo, Beta Ray Bill, Man-Thing, Nightmask, The Unseen and US Agent as The Brotherhood of the Shield!

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 18 Mar 2020, 04:49

Aeon wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 03:06
Transonic and bling! Look to be flirting right behind A.

I’m curious as to the horned figure behind Sinister. And who is Tempo bumping shoulders with? Maggot and Penance at the bar? Who is the guy Magento is chatting with (the guy with the pipe)? Who are the gents sitting between Penance and Black Tom? Guido and Selene?! I see Stryfe’s helmet and Shadow King’s Fez at the bar... is Stryfe and Shadow King there?!? Is that warpath rubbing psylocke’s back?!? Who’s that walking away from the party with Christian Frost?!??!?

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 18 Mar 2020, 09:26

There is a leg on Havok‘s table, and Polaris looks pissed. Maybe that is Karma sitting there with the back facing us. A bit of false coloring here and there. Some seem to have silver skin.

I am disappointed that they seem to ignore Frenzy is actually an X-Man with a new costume since X-Men Legacy. Should have rather given Marvel Girlie a new costume.

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 18 Mar 2020, 11:15

Around The Fur wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 04:26
_Rick_ wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 02:44
Around The Fur wrote:
84D0CA13-FDB1-4AFD-91E8-4C3A3B8C4879.jpeg

It was Domino’s dying wish to remember the pain. This issue, Wolverine and Domino have a conversation about why she doesn’t remember. Domino writes it off as it makes her a better/happier person not to remember. I think this is an important scene as it shows the selectiveness in which Krakoans are brought back.
Colossus didnt keep his word, or Triumvirate decided otherwise
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Mar 2020, 11:38

Yeah given the some of the coloring mistakes, I’m a little apprehensive about some of the images.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Cable

Post by Cable » 18 Mar 2020, 18:17

The best part was Jean saying she can't tell right from wrong anymore. Tell me about it...
That big splash page was fun though!

It is strange that they now are basically fighting another Krakoa. How does this fit into the artificial vs nature overall narrative many have analyzed? I myself have always found the line between those concepts very blurry. Human beings are just really advanced animals after all. Are houses that different from beaver dams?

Well at any rate hopefully that thing at the end absorbs Quire without killing him so he just can't come back ;)
Best Comics of Week 28

Best X-Comic: X-Force #10 by Benjamin Percy (1) and Joshua Cassara (1)
Best Non-X Comic: Dr. Strange #5 by Mark Waid (1) and Kev Walker (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic of the week this year

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Mar 2020, 18:54

It fits imo into the added “third” faction with saw in X-Men...

Also, we gotta take into consideration this nice mythological component...that I loved as an added flourish. X-Force does the data pages so well...
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Dartalon

Post by Dartalon » 18 Mar 2020, 19:00

Aeon wrote:
Briquette and Emplate

Dartalon

Post by Dartalon » 18 Mar 2020, 19:01

Around The Fur wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 04:49
Aeon wrote:
Transonic and bling! Look to be flirting right behind A.

I’m curious as to the horned figure behind Sinister. And who is Tempo bumping shoulders with? Maggot and Penance at the bar? Who is the guy Magento is chatting with (the guy with the pipe)? Who are the gents sitting between Penance and Black Tom? Guido and Selene?! I see Stryfe’s helmet and Shadow King’s Fez at the bar... is Stryfe and Shadow King there?!? Is that warpath rubbing psylocke’s back?!? Who’s that walking away from the party with Christian Frost?!??!?
Guy with the pipe maybe Madison Jeffries.

Dartalon

Post by Dartalon » 18 Mar 2020, 19:47

7 unknowns

Behind Mister Sinister
Has Wolfsbane on his back
Arm in front Tempo
Sitting with Tempus
Unknown woman between Gentle and X
Arm to the left of Iceman
Lagoon eel monster

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2c/a8/57 ... 2bb2f8.jpg
Last edited by Dartalon on 19 Mar 2020, 19:24, edited 3 times in total.

P-90

Post by P-90 » 18 Mar 2020, 20:10

Stan Lee and Jack Kirby? (Guy with pipe)
Guy next to Black Tom looks like Michael Nowlan (but it's probably a writer cameo)
The guy with Wolfsbane on his shoulders looks like Tag.
Last edited by P-90 on 18 Mar 2020, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

Dartalon

Post by Dartalon » 18 Mar 2020, 20:13

Thata a good guess!

Updated Pic with Chris Claremont, Stan Lee, Jack Kirby and Dave Cockrum cameos. Leaves 10 Unknowns/unsure.

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 18 Mar 2020, 20:39

Dartalon wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 19:00
Aeon wrote:
Briquette and Emplate
Briquette... my God I didnt know THAT exists.. :shock:

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 19 Mar 2020, 00:43

Blackcyclops wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 18:54
Also, we gotta take into consideration this nice mythological component...that I loved as an added flourish. X-Force does the data pages so well...
Except that Terra Verde has been repeatedly named as a South American country, but all the other stuff (Maya, Olmec, the general design of the temple) is Central American... big miss there.

Loved the splash page in the bar, but the rest of the issue wasn't quite doing it for me. I'm definitely tired of seeing X-Force feel so generally inept or unprepared. "Wolverine, Quire and Domino walk into a trap" is something we've already seen. Jean's worries about not knowing what right or wrong is anymore seem unearned (maybe if it applied to Krakoa in general, but X-Force?)

totaldarknessin

Post by totaldarknessin » 19 Mar 2020, 01:16

Regarding domino and her nightmares being gone. I still think that this isn't resurrection in that the souls of the person is back. It still feels to me that this is the creation of life via DNA; grown quickly; and then imparted the full memory/brain patterns of that person. They still need to iron out exactly what resurrection is. There are lingering questions.

1. How did Wolverine get all his Adamantium back; I saw they had a spare batch; but then i thought I saw the batch still present after he came back. Also, there was no mention that they had used the bonding process, or even know how to do it (well i guess apocalpyse does).

2. Since Apocalypse used it, does it mean he no longer has the TO virus that cable gave him. Does he no longer have the celestial technology that he interfaced with in the ship, or would his old dead body somehow impart that stuff to his new body; or else, we are dealing with apocalypse in his base form, and not the upgraded form.

3. Since Jean died; did her soul go back to the White Hot Room since she is a natural and most recognized host of the phoenix force?? if it did; Does the resurrection protocol have the capabilities to tap into the souls in the white hot room; or as I surmise, this isn't her soul.

There are many more examples, but this will do for now.

regarding this book. I'm not sure what beast was thinking, other than maybe covering up for himself. Also, I'm not sure about this team. in just a few books, they have already died, or constantly getting in deep trouble. For example, They have two very powerful telepaths; but in many instances, they either had their telepathic powers inhibited or blocked in someway, or they are dealing with things that aren't really talored for people of that skill, plus why have 2? They have all around battle prowest in wolverine; but no real heavy hitting gun/Muscle. Again, I get it, this is "CIA" of mutantdom. But there has got to be someone who is fairly sleek/sly; but also physically tough/powerful that you can have on the team. Domino's addition is fairly useless and in many ways is handled by wolveirne. He is the 100+ year old guy, who worked with CIA and canadian's clandestine organizaitons, has tons of fighting experience, tons of weapons experience.. hard to kill, heals, can track better than anyone not named sabretooth, so what does Domino brings?

Unrelated: I don't know why I did, but I went back and read X-Men volume 2, number 1-3. The whole they are killings us, we are home superior, we are going to formulate this land (asteroid) that is mutant nation, safe haven, automatic citizenship; Magneto literally went out of his way over and over again to not be the villian in that book, and the X-Men, especially after HOX/POX seem to be the ones who kept instigating and pushing magneto; looking back; the parallels are quite amazing. it's like "Magneto was Right" at least that's what I felt when I read it. there is a HUGE inspiration from that book, that Hickman got.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 19 Mar 2020, 01:34

Magnus wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 00:43
Blackcyclops wrote:
Except that Terra Verde has been repeatedly named as a South American country, but all the other stuff (Maya, Olmec, the general design of the temple) is Central American... big miss there.

Loved the splash page in the bar, but the rest of the issue wasn't quite doing it for me. I'm definitely tired of seeing X-Force feel so generally inept or unprepared. "Wolverine, Quire and Domino walk into a trap" is something we've already seen. Jean's worries about not knowing what right or wrong is anymore seem unearned (maybe if it applied to Krakoa in general, but X-Force?)

I legit thought this country was in Central America for some reason HA!

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 19 Mar 2020, 01:58

Blackcyclops wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 01:34
Magnus wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 00:43
Blackcyclops wrote:

I legit thought this country was in Central America for some reason HA!
There's a country named Terra Verde and another called Tierra Verde. Marvel writers don't seem to be very creative with these names. Terra Verde is in Central America (borders Mexico). Tierra Verde is in South America (located between Suriname and French Guiana).

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 19 Mar 2020, 02:38

I think it could be Scalphunter with his hand on Kwannon’s back.

Perhaps Prism behind Sinister?

Definitely Mercury in the water in front of the band.

Why is Karma betting her leg in a game of poker? That seems irresponsible
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

Usernamenotimportant

Post by Usernamenotimportant » 19 Mar 2020, 04:35

They aren't playing, they're just drinking.

Also, Rogue is getting cozy with Gambit sitting in Magneto's face.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 19 Mar 2020, 05:55

Cute detail: On the bench at the Russian Roulette table is written in Krakoan "Make More Mutants", on Apocalypse's bench it says "reserved"
[PL_2.0]

Dartalon

Post by Dartalon » 19 Mar 2020, 18:25

Added Thunderbird and Mercury to the pic which leaves 8 unknowns.

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 19 Mar 2020, 18:41

I I spot Maggot, Lifeguard and Nezhno in case no one noticed there is a giant sentinel head statue used as decoration.

Overall I thought it was very good issue, did find it interesting Wolverine was concerned Domino didn't remember being tortured then skinned and vowing vengeance.

Looks like Beast was actually wrong?!! who could have predicted this?!! also liked how they compared human sacrifice on Terra Verde