Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Powers of X #4 (SPOILERS)

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
nathanadler

Re: Powers of X #4 (SPOILERS)

Post by nathanadler » 22 Sep 2019, 12:04

Sinister Secret #9: "The Kids Are All Right" is the name of a dreamedy movie about same-sex parents. Is "non-couple couple" referring to Destine being restored to life and reunited with Mystique? How might that mean "fireworks ensue"? Something to do with Pyro?

Might this secret #9 tie into something else rather odd? That is, the whole name "Cassandra Nova". Why did she call herself that and not at least maintain the surname Xavier? Cassandra in comics is generally used to refer to a "prophetess", after King Priam's daughter in Homer's 'The Iliad'. While that role has generally been held by Destiny/Irene Adler in the X-verse, Moira seems to be the new prophetess in this storyline. Nova means "new", so in an effort to escape her fate in Life 11, or being killed at Destiny's behest, will Moira somehow attempt to be reborn in Sharon Xavier's womb alongside Charles? Recall the concept of the Mummudrai, which Cassandra Nova was revealed to be, originated in Shi'ar folklore. Near the end of HoX #2, the previously dead Moira was suggested to have been a Shi'ar Golem.

As for Apocalypse's original Four Horsemen, if Arakko fell into Limbo and they along with it, surely we'd have seen beings with ancient Egyptian-motifed costumes wandering around in previous depictions of the realm? So are we off track thinking Arakko ended up in what became Limbo and Hickman plans it to be somewhere else?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 22 Sep 2019, 14:13

I mean everything points directly to Limbo (even the types of demons)...I don’t think he’d be that vague. I just think it’s retcon and it’s not supposed to fit perfectly and we’re just over-thinking it cause we’re on a forum doing what we do best: over-thinking it lol

But I bet we could make it work somehow...
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

nathanadler

Post by nathanadler » 22 Sep 2019, 17:53

Blackcyclops wrote:But I bet we could make it work somehow...
They became Space Phantoms, LOL