Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Uncanny X-Men #9

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
das_boot

Re: Uncanny X-Men #9

Post by das_boot » 10 Jan 2019, 16:53

bamf wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 15:00
Also the..."Uh oh! They got Storm!" moment felt so shoe-horned in. I feel like writers frequently use a brainwashed Storm as a way of upping the ante.
I’m pretty sure that Storm’s only really beaten in terms of being brainwashed or possessed by Polaris, Wolverine and maybe Psylocke
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Jan 2019, 18:51

das_boot wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 16:53
bamf wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 15:00
Also the..."Uh oh! They got Storm!" moment felt so shoe-horned in. I feel like writers frequently use a brainwashed Storm as a way of upping the ante.
I’m pretty sure that Storm’s only really beaten in terms of being brainwashed or possessed by Polaris, Wolverine and maybe Psylocke
Havok, Rachel
Fantastic Force Vibraxas, Machine Man, Ms. Marvel (Sharon Ventura), Cerise, Sunspot, Folklore, Spiral, Sycamore, Starlight, Prosh

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 10 Jan 2019, 18:53

Yep, I do think that's actually Neal Shaara on the final page. The return of Thunderbird III. Truly these are the end times.

Beak was re-powered in a single panel by Mothervine during the X-Men: Blue arc.

On the 2-page splash, though, who is that with Reyes in the top right? Is that what Rictor looks like now?

And I guess this means Beak, Rictor, Meggan, Kylun (and Madrox?) are now X-Men?
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 10 Jan 2019, 18:57

Monolith wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 18:53
On the 2-page splash, though, who is that with Reyes in the top right? Is that what Rictor looks like now?
Yes, that's his look from the current Shatterstar series.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 Jan 2019, 19:21

I enjoyed the “MEGGAN WE NEED YOU no you sit down, Brian”, that seemingly happened off panel
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Jan 2019, 19:22

I bet Brian is a wonderful and lovely mommy
Fantastic Force Vibraxas, Machine Man, Ms. Marvel (Sharon Ventura), Cerise, Sunspot, Folklore, Spiral, Sycamore, Starlight, Prosh

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Jan 2019, 19:28

Somebody's gotta take care of the kid.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 10 Jan 2019, 19:35

It does seem to be specifically MUTANT members of the X-Men. No Captain Britain, Longshot, Juggernaut, Ink, Prodigy, Karima, Danger, Doop, Warbird, Deathlok...
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Jan 2019, 19:38

Maybe Meggan was called because of her natural ... something powers? And Kylun appeared in a Nightcrawler story not so long ago.

Excalibur foreshadowing?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Jan 2019, 20:38

They're both mutants, so it would stand to reason that they'd be called if this was an "all hands on deck" situation. I'd love for it to also mean an Excalibur revival. There's so much fun to be had across the pond.
Spoiler: show
Future solicits show Meggan as Kurt's love interest in AoXM, so maybe Kylun is also going to show up.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Jan 2019, 21:01

wow, Kurt is really becoming the X-Men's version of .. who is a male sex symbol over there in America?

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 Jan 2019, 21:30

Jazzkantine wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 21:01
wow, Kurt is really becoming the X-Men's version of .. who is a male sex symbol over there in America?
Me, in all countries, time zones, territories and alternate dimensions thereof

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Jan 2019, 21:33

das_boot wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 21:30
Jazzkantine wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 21:01
Me, in all countries, time zones, territories and alternate dimensions thereof
hey, you've sworeen eternal faithfullness to me.

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 10 Jan 2019, 22:31

Monolith wrote:
Yep, I do think that's actually Neal Shaara on the final page. The return of Thunderbird III. Truly these are the end times.
I was really wondering if that was Neal Shaara. I can't believe it.

Also, I love that Monet got the call and had better things to be doing.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Jan 2019, 22:35

So we can assume that all the Mutant Ninja X-Men not in the splash page are dead, techno-modded, not on earth, or in an other dimension?

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Jan 2019, 22:37

InsipidLust wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 22:31
Monolith wrote:
I was really wondering if that was Neal Shaara. I can't believe it.
I am still torn between Hellion and Neal. The costume looks very X-Treme X-Men to me, but the gauntlets look bigger than the ones Neal wore.

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Jan 2019, 22:43

I looked at that roll call page with Jean. Who is the electric character between Match and..?

That Trinary and Gentle thing is real now? To much stuff happening off-panel.

Great to see Frenzy again, but the Cuckoos lost their individualism.

elixir86

Post by elixir86 » 10 Jan 2019, 22:56

Jazzkantine wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 22:43
I looked at that roll call page with Jean. Who is the electric character between Match and..?

I think those are Mercury and Trance.

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Jan 2019, 22:57

elixir86 wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 22:56
Jazzkantine wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 22:43

I think those are Mercury and Trance.
Hmmm.. thanks, makes actually sense.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Jan 2019, 23:24

I mean it's a splash page...it's very possible that there are characters included who are not visible. Like Insipid said, some of the folks who Jean contacted (like a Monet) might didn't actually show up (it does look like most of them are in action somewhere)...or it's possible they're there and just not visible. Given the artist, I don't know if they could have really put every single person on the page. They're no Finch LOL

FWIW: What Trinary and Gentle thing happened off-panel? They're just kinda in action-y poses.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Jan 2019, 23:33

Blackcyclops wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 23:24
I mean it's a splash page...it's very possible that there are characters included who are not visible. Like Insipid said, some of the folks who Jean contacted (like a Monet) might didn't actually show up (it does look like most of them are in action somewhere)...or it's possible they're there and just not visible. Given the artist, I don't know if they could have really put every single person on the page. They're no Finch LOL

FWIW: What Trinary and Gentle thing happened off-panel? They're just kinda in action-y poses.
Let’s hope Finch gets a major X job soon...

And Beast said „you have to defeat all the X-Men“.
Now, as a paying customer, I expect to see ALL when ALL is being advertised. I am very picky. You know that.

In RED, Trinary got the hots for Gentle in one of the last issues.

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Jan 2019, 23:36

There ya go

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 10 Jan 2019, 23:50

All these X-Men and no sign of Rogue or Gambit. :/
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Jan 2019, 23:56

Anna Raven wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 23:50
Maybe Jean couldn’t reach them because of their unique ...ahm,, brainwaves or whatever telepathic protection writers gave them. Gambits kinetic energy and Rogue‘s multiple minds have been explained to be some kind of protection.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Jan 2019, 01:19

Anna Raven wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 23:50
They're in space? I mean wasn't that talked about very early on in the book?

@JazzK- But they're in an action-y pose...not dressed up on a date or making out...the fact they're included together doesn't mean they're dating. It just means that they were last seen on the same squad, so the artist put them together. I mean I get the dig you're trying to make it but it just seems like a reach based on just one insert panel but maybe idk...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger