Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Weapon X #24

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Quick and Dead

Weapon X #24

Post by Quick and Dead » 04 Oct 2018, 21:05

I know a lot of us here are iffy about this book but I have developed a soft spot for it. It reminds me a lot of Dark Avengers and Thunderbolts. It's a lot of fun and has great character moments for villains who don't normally get them. I particularly enjoy the ending when Victor basically says "Wait a minute, why are we leaving? Let's go kill this guy while we have the chance."

Sabretooth and Monet's relationship is also being followed up here. Despite how you feel about it, I appreciate getting closure as Bunn's Uncanny run is super underappreciated.

There's also lots of d-list X-Men villain cameos in this one, I could only recognize a few.
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/

Anna Raven

Re: Weapon X #24

Post by Anna Raven » 05 Oct 2018, 23:05

Yup I really like this book. I didn't realize the real Pyro was alive though. I wonder if we'll ever get a legit versus fake Pyro vs Pyro fight, and if so I hope St. John burns him to a crisp.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 06 Oct 2018, 10:02

Anna Raven wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 23:05
Yup I really like this book. I didn't realize the real Pyro was alive though. I wonder if we'll ever get a legit versus fake Pyro vs Pyro fight, and if so I hope St. John burns him to a crisp.
He actually had a long and unfortunate sickness and, presumed, death (Legacy Virus) along annuals and many follow ups.
But to be honest I cant really remember any issue ever where we actually see his body or any sort of funeral/burial... so if they decide to use a hat trick and tell us he survived enough for Colossus' cure to save him I can believe it.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 06 Oct 2018, 10:21

Last time we saw the real Pyro for definite was during Necrosha when he was briefly resurrected. It was a few years after that when he started appearing occasionally as one of those villains you see for a few pages when the X-Men are laying a beatdown on someone. No explanation for the resurrection has been given but I too would like some Pyro vs Pyro action.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 06 Oct 2018, 18:51

I think we can just assume he stayed alive after Necrosha like Banshee did.
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 06 Oct 2018, 19:26

Banshee was resurrected as a Horseman of Death by the Apocalypse Twins, although it does look like Tarot, Maggott, and maybe some others trace their resurrections to Necrosha.

Besides the three at the beginning, does anyone recognize the other Z-list mutants. I nearly had an aneurysm recognized the original Next Wave (Agent X, Snare, and Turk), but it makes me think the other mutants were existing characters too.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 08 Oct 2018, 19:01

Monet's powers are so inconsistently portrayed from one title to the next that I literally have no idea what they are anymore.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Oct 2018, 19:54

InsipidLust wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 19:01
Monet's powers are so inconsistently portrayed from one title to the next that I literally have no idea what they are anymore.
She's perfect, she's beautiful, she looks like Iman.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

SW442

Post by SW442 » 13 Oct 2018, 23:30

EphemeristX wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 19:54
She's perfect, she's beautiful, she looks like Iman.
Yep. Lol Monet's basically considered the perfect mutant because she can do a little of everything. Domino snarks about it in issue 22 when she says Monet has all the powers, like she was caught in an explosion at a super power factory.

Things have been up & down. But this has been my favorite issue since chapter 18. Less silliness & a bit more grit to the story. The art style also seems a bit darker as well, giving it a more serious tone.

I am still loving Sabretooth & Monet together. I am hoping we get more info on what happened between them. But we may not get more than what this chapter told us since there's A LOT going on. At best, chapter 27 may be the chapter that deals with whatever their relationship is,
Spoiler: show
given they're both on the cover for that one.
ON a 1-5 score, I would give this issue a 4. I rarely give perfect scores because, imo, anything perfect is rare. But this was definitely great.