Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

New Mutants: Dead souls #6

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Blackcyclops

New Mutants: Dead souls #6

Post by Blackcyclops » 29 Aug 2018, 14:29

That was like a real horror movie ending
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

das_boot

Re: New Mutants: Dead souls #6

Post by das_boot » 29 Aug 2018, 16:09

100%. I’m glad Rosenberg is sticking around to write X-Men
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 29 Aug 2018, 16:39

das_boot wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 16:09
100%. I’m glad Rosenberg is sticking around to write X-Men
So does this explain all of these particular characters misding from Extermination?

My X-Men Draft Picks:

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 29 Aug 2018, 16:48

Spoiler: show
You mean except Boom-Boom and Shatterstar?
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 29 Aug 2018, 17:10

das_boot wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 16:48
Basically...I mean we can prolly assume why
Ric is missing(maybe just didnt want to come in and he’a never been too close to Cable).

My X-Men Draft Picks:

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 29 Aug 2018, 17:13

Blackcyclops wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 17:10
das_boot wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 16:48
Basically...I mean we can prolly assume why
Ric is missing(maybe just didnt want to come in and he’a never been too close to Cable).
True, although I can’t see him being too far away from Shattybuns

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 29 Aug 2018, 19:33

God this left me speechless and totally in shock!

And this is so obviously continuing somehow in another tittle, its way too good!!
Rosenberg has mastered these characters (or most of them) in just 6 issues and Im sure that most of us are craving for more!!

And also
now we know why Moonstar and Warlock have been missing...

WonderDoug

Post by WonderDoug » 30 Aug 2018, 02:11

Is there anyway I could get some small spoilers?

I just restarted collecting and my shop was out of the first few issues so I'm having to wait for the trade. I super appreciate it.
Queer comedian who is just getting back into comic books after almost a decade. I got a lot of catching up to and I'm excited to be back on the boards.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 30 Aug 2018, 02:38

Months ago, Dani Moonstar was sent looking for Tran. She found Warlock dust and it absorbed into her. So, now we know why those two had been gone all this time. Magik confronts Xi'an about her brother and draws him into their dimension via a portal, though he's trapped inside a demon circle or whatever. Tran says that he'd been doing things behind her back in her mind for a while now, including a bunch of shady stuff that her corporation had been up to, even to the point where Xi'an knew but came up with her own justifications for them.

Tran wants to kill Xi'an so he can remain free, but Xi'an actually wants Tran back inside of her. Magik refuses, but Karma takes control of her and uses her soulsword to kill Train and re-absorb his mind. She also reveals that she had Warlock all this time, and we see Dani fully absorbed. She's now calling herself Moonlock. And they've created facsimiles of the other New Mutants as backup.

Magik calls in her team, but Wolfsbane and Strong Guy end up getting assimilated as well, and Magik sends Ric and Tabby away before they can be taken. Magik ends up getting absorbed as well, but then they turn on Karma, calling her Enemyself, and absorb her too.

So now, Magik, Wolfsbane, Karma, Dani, and Strong Guy are all part of Warlock, along with facsimiles of Cannonball and Sunspot. The end.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

WonderDoug

Post by WonderDoug » 30 Aug 2018, 02:56

Oh wowza! Thank you so much, EphemeristX ! I'm definitely stoked to get this trade now!
Queer comedian who is just getting back into comic books after almost a decade. I got a lot of catching up to and I'm excited to be back on the boards.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 30 Aug 2018, 07:29

Was it me if had Magik sent Strong Guy to limbo. He seemed like an old man.

I assume that the epilogues we have been seeing of Warlock the last few issues were actually set in the past then. Dani must have found him after he exploded.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 30 Aug 2018, 14:38

Gremlin wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 07:29
Was it me if had Magik sent Strong Guy to limbo. He seemed like an old man.
You mean the beard? Guido has the beard since he reappeard with the X-Men in New Tian during Secret Empire and after that on different search teams.

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 30 Aug 2018, 15:13

Does someone else have the feeling that there could be a new X-Force series coming with the old team? The amount of appearances by New Mutant and X-Force characters in the last few month was higher than in the last few years.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 30 Aug 2018, 18:04

Ok, so having re-read this issue I think I finally understand the sequence of events...

For years Tran has been a part of Xi'an's psyche and has subtly been manipulating her, although Karma did kinda know.
Tran escapes from Karma somehow but does not have a corporeal form
Karma, not feeling whole, orders Dani to find him so she can merge with him again
Elsewhere, Warlock has some kind of breakdown, explodes and kills some people
Dani finds his remains and Warlock merges with her creating Moonlock
Moonlock remains a "guest" of Karma's unbeknown to everyone else
Karma assembles the second team led by Magik to find Tran
The team chase Tran around the world until Magik wises up that Karma isn't telling them everything
Magik manages to summon Tran but Karma betrays her, possesses her and forces Tran to merge with herself once again
Moonlock is revealed and fights Magik's team
Moonlock assimilates a number of the team and then double-crosses Karma by assimilating her too.

It's a weird series in that it still feels like an ongoing.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 30 Aug 2018, 20:02

Yep, that looks about right to me. I lub dis book.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 30 Aug 2018, 20:59

EphemeristX wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 20:02
Yep, that looks about right to me. I lub dis book.
I LITERALLY parse your posts for Drag Race references.

Cable

Post by Cable » 02 Sep 2018, 07:48

Gremlin wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 18:04

It's a weird series in that it still feels like an ongoing.
Obviously this series has concluded and yet isn't finished. I wonder if this was the original intended ending or if upon confirmation of other assignments it was left more open-ended?

Where do we find out what happens next?! I need to know!
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 02 Sep 2018, 18:07

Rosenberg writes Astonishing Xmen and is one of the three writers on Uncanny. Astonishing seems the likely choice but they could start a New Mutants or X-force series as well.
Current Pull List
Uncanny X-men, Iceman, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 04 Sep 2018, 17:24

I would love this series to be followed up in Uncanny so they use Uncanny again as a proper series where everything happens and where things go from, so if this means that the X-Men end having a really brutal fight against Tran, Moonlock and the techno-organic original New Mutants that ends giving us a new X-Force volume... its more than welcome!!!! :D bring it on!!!
And the same happens for Madrox and X-Factor...

WonderDoug

Post by WonderDoug » 11 Oct 2018, 04:51

The trade came out today so I'm finally caught up. Holy crap that was amazing. His characterizations were pretty amazing and on point. This is the most I've loved Boom Boom in years.

I can't wait until Rosenberg touches up on this again.