Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-Men Blue #33

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
das_boot

X-Men Blue #33

Post by das_boot » 08 Aug 2018, 16:44

Spoiler: show
Basically, what Magneto saw in the future— so before we even begin the issue we know the stakes are low because he’s back in the present, and that whatever happens, he’s only damaged psychologically, but we all know that unless you bleed it’s not real damage. I joke.

ANYHOO, there’s a a baby kurt who approaches Magneto after he kills some Reavers who explains there was a Reaver virus and Magneto actually has a decent inner monologue this issue but Christ it’s a dull issue. Oh, and there’s ghosts of Mothervine mutants that he killed following him. Um. Oh yeah, then Jean, Magic-Beast, Angel and Cyclops turn up (but not Bobby, because the gays have to die in the future (JOKES WE ARE THE FUTURE)).
I mean... this has stuff happening and I like Bunn’s take on Magneto but like... I dunno. Everything feels like a “why should I care” moment.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

InsipidLust

Re: X-Men Blue #33

Post by InsipidLust » 08 Aug 2018, 16:51

Checking in with a second "I did not care" take. How the mighty have fallen.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Aug 2018, 16:58

I enjoyed this...it was a Magneto-centric issue (reminded me kf his solo series) and alluded to some possible consequences of Magneto or possibly the O5’s actions...

Idk, maybe because I’m predisposed to like Magneto, I like the artist and I like seeing consequences of these kids staying in the present (plus I always like bleak futures in my comics) that this issue as a lead-in to a culmination of the O5 staying in the present and another part of Magneto’s “reform” journey it entertains and draws me in...idk it’s prolly going to just be me lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 08 Aug 2018, 17:00

I like Magneto's outfit? Apart from that - yeah, X-Men ending up in a dark future is so overdone. I'm glad this the thing that sparks the 05 going home, and I'm interested to see where Erik ends up. But yeah, I'm definitely far more interested in the destination than the journey, and as a big Bunn fan and a huge Magneto fanboy, that's kinda disappointing.
However -I'd like to see some explanation as to why his Brotherhood are with him (especially Magik)
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 08 Aug 2018, 17:13

Magik’s been shown as being far more pragmatic than most of the X-Men... far more in line with Magneto’s vision of mutant kind than Xavier’s. She also has a history of being a bit dark-sided and let’s face it, if she turned evil again, I could see her siding with the Brotherhood.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Aug 2018, 17:21

das_boot wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 17:13
She also has a history of being a bit dark-sided
She's not a ChristiAAAAAN!

Magik is definitely one to pick Mags, especially if she believes what he says about the future.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 08 Aug 2018, 18:31

EphemeristX wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 17:21
das_boot wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 17:13
She also has a history of being a bit dark-sided
She's not a ChristiAAAAAN!

Magik is definitely one to pick Mags, especially if she believes what he says about the future.
Stepping disc to the future, see if he’s being accurate, boom. Done.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 09 Aug 2018, 00:37

Blackcyclops wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 16:58
Idk, maybe because I’m predisposed to like Magneto, I like the artist and I like seeing consequences of these kids staying in the present (plus I always like bleak futures in my comics) that this issue as a lead-in to a culmination of the O5 staying in the present and another part of Magneto’s “reform” journey it entertains and draws me in...idk it’s prolly going to just be me lol
Nah I pretty much felt the same way. A little slow on the build-up but I want to see what made Mags go crazy again. And I've always felt the best thing to do with the O5 was age them up (but with some differences in how their history) and that looks like what we might get here.

Also really dig the color scheme for Magneto here.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Aug 2018, 00:59

Even though I like X-Men Red’s Jean costume, I really like Future Jean’s costume here...and Cyke’s buzzcut fits him. Both their costumes feel very much them. I don’t like Angel’s blue gloves lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 09 Aug 2018, 12:37

Not a bad issue, but Im a little confused. Is this happening after the last issue or is it another time travel?

I like the future O5 costumes, but I like the current ones as they homage their X-Factor/Graduation costumes somehow too.

My problem here is that it feels more like a prologue or introduction to Extermination that is what we really want to read now, and knowing Xmen Blue and Gold finishes in a few issues (1-2?) make these issues like irrelevant sadly.
Magneto's costume reminds me of Ultimate Captain Marvel costume... I think purple/red are his signature colors and anything breaking with this has to be either amazing (Bachalo's design was actually good) or will be flat or bland.

Wings

Post by Wings » 09 Aug 2018, 13:14

Fenix wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 12:37
Not a bad issue, but Im a little confused. Is this happening after the last issue or is it another time travel?

I like the future O5 costumes, but I like the current ones as they homage their X-Factor/Graduation costumes somehow too.

My problem here is that it feels more like a prologue or introduction to Extermination that is what we really want to read now, and knowing Xmen Blue and Gold finishes in a few issues (1-2?) make these issues like irrelevant sadly.
Magneto's costume reminds me of Ultimate Captain Marvel costume... I think purple/red are his signature colors and anything breaking with this has to be either amazing (Bachalo's design was actually good) or will be flat or bland.
This is set immediately after Magneto's escape from the Mothervine mutants during Cry Havoc, when he used the time platform in order to escape. So before the events of the last few issues, but in the future.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 09 Aug 2018, 19:26

Wings wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 13:14
Fenix wrote:

This is set immediately after Magneto's escape from the Mothervine mutants during Cry Havoc, when he used the time platform in order to escape. So before the events of the last few issues, but in the future.

:roll: my head is still spinning around! Thanks :-)
God, I need Extermination like now... is it starting next week?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Aug 2018, 20:05

Wings wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 13:14
Fenix wrote:

That’s not that timey wimey...in a world of Cable and Rachel and Rabum Alal, this is like straight forward lol

Its literally the stuff that happened off panel now on-panel lol...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 Aug 2018, 13:40

It’s a flashforward that’s technically also a flashback to explain the mindset of a character in the present. MAGIX

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Aug 2018, 14:28

I think most of us, already understanding that the O5 are likely gone after this event, are kinda just waiting for it to be over at this point. Like... I don't want a Countdown to Extermination. I want Extermination. And for it to all happen in one issue and be done.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

znop

Post by znop » 11 Aug 2018, 22:43

My money's on Xorn being the one who's not a mutant and thus the traitor in mutant clothing.
Spoiler is for Adamantium Agenda 4, not this title

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 11 Aug 2018, 22:57

znop wrote:
11 Aug 2018, 22:43
My money's on Xorn being the one who's not a mutant and thus the traitor in mutant clothing.
Isn’t Xorn dead again?
Again, referencing Adamantium agenda 4.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Aug 2018, 22:57

Wrong thread...put a spoiler tag around your post please

My X-Men Draft Picks:

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 12 Aug 2018, 00:50

Blackcyclops wrote:
11 Aug 2018, 22:57
Both fixed. For someone who claims to be a Cyclops of colour, you sure notice a lot with your one eye 😘

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 12 Aug 2018, 01:00

das_boot wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 00:50
Blackcyclops wrote:
11 Aug 2018, 22:57
Both fixed. For someone who claims to be a Cyclops of colour, you sure notice a lot with your one eye 😘

Lmfaoooo

I just never want someone to be surprised spoiled lol

My X-Men Draft Picks: