Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Adamantium Agenda #4

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Blackcyclops

Adamantium Agenda #4

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Aug 2018, 11:40

This series started good, got lackluster but that ending was gnarly...I know I can hear it now “not another traitor amongst them story” and I don’t know how it’ll be handled but to drop that bomb like that leaves alot to think about. Because it could totally be one of those things that’s wasted and dumb or like the Weapon Plus program or Magneto’s Jewish roots, really add a depth to alot of old stories. Gotta find out in a few weeka...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

das_boot

Re: Adamantium Agenda #4

Post by das_boot » 08 Aug 2018, 16:01

No like... I like this. This plot bomb has legs and whilst it’s not as though the X-Men have ever been “mutants only” the members who weren’t mutants were always blatantly so— the readers and the characters always knew this. This puts a cat among the pigeons in a really clever way and now I need to know more. Dammit.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Aug 2018, 16:30

So far I like how each series has made the mystery villains seem like a credible threat without totally throwing old villains under the bus. Sinister got robbed but he wasn’t one-offed like Exodus and we still are left guessing who they are...similarly in weapon Lost the killteam was so tough DD commented on it.

Even if we saw Logan walking around in those post-credit scenes the mystery here is enticing...

And to be honest, I’m shocked it took this long to show Sinister with a global DNA database...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Aug 2018, 17:22

I also love spreadsheets, though. But I guess I knew I was going to end up a supervillain.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 08 Aug 2018, 21:56

EphemeristX wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 17:22
I also love spreadsheets, though. But I guess I knew I was going to end up a supervillain.
Well, it’s more profitable, no?
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Wings

Post by Wings » 09 Aug 2018, 13:25

Blackcyclops wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 11:40
This series started good, got lackluster but that ending was gnarly...I know I can hear it now “not another traitor amongst them story” and I don’t know how it’ll be handled but to drop that bomb like that leaves alot to think about. Because it could totally be one of those things that’s wasted and dumb or like the Weapon Plus program or Magneto’s Jewish roots, really add a depth to alot of old stories. Gotta find out in a few weeka...
Yeah the real questions here are who it is, and whether this a temporary imposter like Changeling or the Skrull Wolverine in the 90's, or whether this actually runs into a character's history.

I feel like while it could be somebody who hasn't been involved in the Hunt for Wolverine so far, it makes more sense narratively if it's one of the characters who've featured in one of the minis. It isn't Laura, and I don't think it's Domino, so if we're looking at X-Men with a history of previous genetic tampering, then Psylocke seems a logical choice. My other suspect would be Shadowcat.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Aug 2018, 14:10

Shadowcat would be too good of a gut punch

My X-Men Draft Picks:

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 10 Aug 2018, 14:11

Ok, but, like I thought the Laura reveal was already Canon, wasn't that the reason why she had green eyes?
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Aug 2018, 14:39

manuel_mc89 wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 14:11
Ok, but, like I thought the Laura reveal was already Canon, wasn't that the reason why she had green eyes?

We knew it but Laura didn’t.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 10 Aug 2018, 18:24

As someone who’s unlikely to pick this story up...what’s the deal about a traitor?
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Aug 2018, 18:56

Basically Tony found out that one of the X-Men isnt a mitant but a human masquerading as one. Now whether they’re a “traitor” isn’t known but somebody is lying...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 10 Aug 2018, 19:19

If that’s the case I’d imagine it’s someone relatively new(ish) and currently relevant. So Pyro II, Trinary, Gentle and any number of students could be the sleeper agent. If they start saying someone like Nightcrawler, Cannonball or Magik then I calls BS.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Aug 2018, 22:09

Gremlin wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 19:19
If that’s the case I’d imagine it’s someone relatively new(ish) and currently relevant. So Pyro II, Trinary, Gentle and any number of students could be the sleeper agent. If they start saying someone like Nightcrawler, Cannonball or Magik then I calls BS.
I figured thats how many people would take it...

I only have a problem with it if it too abruptly changes histoy or is poorly done...otherwise, it could be a really interesting story idea

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 10 Aug 2018, 23:10

Given that Taylor is also writing X-Men Red I wonder if it is someone like Trinary or Gentle.

Maybe it's Ink and the X-Men will just say "uhhh we knew that all along Stark"

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Aug 2018, 23:42

Magnus wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 23:10
Given that Taylor is also writing X-Men Red I wonder if it is someone like Trinary or Gentle.

Maybe it's Ink and the X-Men will just say "uhhh we knew that all along Stark"

Oooo

My X-Men Draft Picks:

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 11 Aug 2018, 02:07

It’s difficult though— someone too new? No one will care (and also, how did Sinister get their DNA?). Someone too old? People will get angry that one of their favourites isn’t actually a mutant. It’s kind of a lose-lose really.

Cable

Post by Cable » 11 Aug 2018, 17:40

Blackcyclops wrote:
This series started good, got lackluster but that ending was gnarly...
Yeah this is spot-on. This mini seemed more tangential than the others but here at the end it comes punching in with a big mysterious revelation.

I wonder if this is getting resolved in this event's conclusion or is being dropped as something for Extermination (I would assume the former just by Taylor not being one of the Uncanny writers, but you never know). Pyro II is also who I first was suspicious of but maybe it is just because the character is so flimsy lol
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 11 Aug 2018, 17:45

I swear to lucifer if this is the Neo coming back again i’m going to be so dismayed

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Aug 2018, 18:34

Cable wrote:
11 Aug 2018, 17:40
Blackcyclops wrote:
This series started good, got lackluster but that ending was gnarly...
Yeah this is spot-on. This mini seemed more tangential than the others but here at the end it comes punching in with a big mysterious revelation.

I wonder if this is getting resolved in this event's conclusion or is being dropped as something for Extermination (I would assume the former just by Taylor not being one of the Uncanny writers, but you never know). Pyro II is also who I first was suspicious of but maybe it is just because the character is so flimsy lol
I think the entire Wolverine series and the end of this event will deal with it and Soiteria...perhaps that’s Logans new agenda to sit outside the mainstream and be a one man x-Force?

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 24 Aug 2018, 08:17

das_boot wrote:
11 Aug 2018, 02:07
It’s difficult though— someone too new? No one will care (and also, how did Sinister get their DNA?). Someone too old? People will get angry that one of their favourites isn’t actually a mutant. It’s kind of a lose-lose really.
Blackcyclops wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 14:10
Shadowcat would be too good of a gut punch
Claremont will have a heart attack if its Kitty (though could be extra reason why she canceled the wedding)

I think indeed if Marvel would take someone to knew its to cheap without emotional impact (but Marvel last couple of years was always cheap by killing or sidelining new mutants quickly).

If handled carefully someone of the old, but probably after GsX #1, could be the most intriguing storytelling. The Dissassembled storyline could very well be the one that will give an answer

But in the mean time we can deduct: 'traitor' has to be a human, altered to look like a mutant. Te power set has to be technological, medical or biological designed explained as well (because he or she was created by other humans). Lets start a discussion in X-pressions viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8497.
"You're always sorry, Charles, and there's always a speech. And nobody cares."