Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-23 #2

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
das_boot

X-23 #2

Post by das_boot » 26 Jul 2018, 00:45

Spoiler: show
Laura continues to avoid telling Gabby when her birthday is after pondering how strange it is to be both a clone and a mutant and how strange death is for someone who is both. The remaining Cuckoos find Sophie dead. Laura tracks down the doctor via her FitBit and Gabby shows up, claiming Laura told her to come. The Cuckoos attack and Gabby’s kidnapped by the time Laura recovers, presumably so that the Cuckoos can find what makes her a workable clone of a clone so they can save Esme (who’s still evil. Of course.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

ev82

Re: X-23 #2

Post by ev82 » 26 Jul 2018, 03:58

Was super excited to see this today, is it bi weekly?
GOTG Draft:Polaris|Gladiator|Lilandra Neramani|Medusa|Korvus|Major Victory|Hepzibah|Irani Rael (Nova Corps)|Neutron
Nemeses: The Celestials

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 26 Jul 2018, 15:17

Loved this. I never really thought about the clone link between Laura and the Cuckoos. Gabby’s inclusion here is great and it has a very strong plot tie-in. I like how the Cuckoos aren’t being “evil”, they want their sister to live and they know that getting that result may paint them as villains. Laura’s role as a big sister/guardian really suits her here. This title is very much a worthy follow up to the previous series.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 26 Jul 2018, 15:35

Im loving it and I secretly hope we havent seen the last of Sophie...

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 26 Jul 2018, 15:36

Same. It’s weird to think how much the Cuckoos and laura have in common until it’s explicitly stated. I really hope this develops into the Cuckoos becoming supporting cast in this book and they join Laura in going against the Weapon Plus program
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 26 Jul 2018, 19:21

Also,can we talk about the cow-mutant walking around the mansion?
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Cosmos666

Post by Cosmos666 » 26 Jul 2018, 21:29

As always, Cabal can do no wrong in the art. The attack spread page is glorious and the use of red in the white outline managed to convey the psychic sublimely. The story is engaging and the use of the Cuckoos as non-villainous antagonists is great specially with the parallels between them and Laura. Also I want an one-shot starring X-Cow.

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 27 Jul 2018, 22:59

Gremlin wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 19:21
Also,can we talk about the cow-mutant walking around the mansion?
:lol: I loved that.

The artist for this series is great. I'm glad I took a chance on this title, the first two issues have me intrigued and I really hope the good Cuckoos become part of the cast. Gabby is a joy, and Laura really feels like a whole new, amazing character between this and Red. I wish Logan could stay gone for a while longer, because I really want her to be Wolverine for the X-Men right now. She's just got more stuff going on for her than Logan has in years, as much as I love him as the gruff uncle of my fave X-girls.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 27 Jul 2018, 23:34

I will say this: I do love the relationship between logan and laura and kinda want to see how he’ll treat Gabby...alot of modern writers have done a good job of really making sure Logan is the avuncular figure in their lives and I like that...So at least if he’s back, let Laura continue to develop as her own person too.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

MrFOOM

Post by MrFOOM » 29 Jul 2018, 08:06

One of my favourite Marvel books at the minute. Great art, love the writing, and the Cuckoos are pretty interesting as "villains" too. Also Gabby.

I kinda wish she and the comic wasn't called X-23 though, I loved her as Wolverine. Laura might have worked but I think she should've got a new code name especially with Gabby being Honey Badger.
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).