Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer #3

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Cable

Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer #3

Post by Cable » 21 Jul 2018, 20:49

Some rather unexpected guest stars in this one

Full spoilers:
Spoiler: show
Daken flees the zombies and ends up falling through the roof of a building where Deathstrike and Sabretooth have holed up. Daken tells them they must take down the glowing device, as it must be what is preventing them from healing and the rising of the dead. Also helicopters are on the way to torch the town. The trio come storming out and cut through the zombies. Deathstrike suddenly realizes though that one of the soldiers firing at them is her own father. He stabs her through with a sword. Daken tries to help her but also gets cut down. Sabretooth carries Daken off where Wolverine's son appears to succumb to his injuries. Sabretooth then turns to confront another soldier that has approached him and happens to be his dead son Graydon.
I thought the Hunt for Wolverine titles were separate tales but this one seems to be linked to the Madripoor mini as there they mention Soteira and that is the organization responsible for what is going on here. The soldiers' identities were shocking but I suppose it makes sense considering the resurrection experiments. Though they seem to have done a much better job before. I am liking this mini. I like its horror vibe and while it is depressingly bleak in a way it is also somewhat fitting considering the cast of heroes are barely heroes at all. Though the idea that they might not survive is of course hampered by their ongoing appearance in Weapon X (well Deathstrike and Sabretooth at least).
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers