Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-Men Red #6

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Anna Raven

X-Men Red #6

Post by Anna Raven » 19 Jul 2018, 00:01

This was a pretty good issue.i enjoyed Jean breaking down Gentle's mental blocks a lot. Also the mid air heist was fun, if a little anti climactic, they really didn't need Gambit at all. But the dialogue was fun.

Cassandra Nova and Jeans showdown was also cool. Is this the new Abomination from Invincible Iron Man I am assuming? I was kind of hoping it was Skaar at first.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Magnus

Re: X-Men Red #6

Post by Magnus » 19 Jul 2018, 00:07

Yeah we get to see the team be proactive here and I liked it a lot. Especially that they're not just going to take what happened in #1 lying down, they're actually going out to find evidence to clear Jean's name. A lot of other writers would've just let that slide and had her effectively be off the hook once the villain is defeated without really questioning it. Which actually is how I feel about the book in general... there are a number of different points that make me think "wow, the writer actually took some care here."

Not sure how I feel about Nezhno's power restriction effectively being removed... on one hand, it's a decent explanation and works off his character/backstory. And it also makes him useful... a guy who's strong but can't get too strong wouldn't be too valuable in the long run. But it also removes what makes him unique, power-wise.

The end was a little disappointing only because I have no idea who that's supposed to be, so the 'reveal' fell flat.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 19 Jul 2018, 02:05

Yes that’s Kid Abomination...his story is pretty tragic
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 19 Jul 2018, 02:48

Love this book, and love that this writer's take on Cassandra Nova is just as methodological—if not more so—than the original.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 19 Jul 2018, 14:28

LOVED
-More backstory for Gentle
-Gabby. Just Gabby.
-More Jean explaining that she can cut loose now that she doesn’t have to worry about Phoenix
-Cassandra the creepy bitch
DIDN’T LOVE
-Gambit being largely useless when Trinary and Kurt were there for the heist
-Trinary not being able to sense where the phone was with her powers
-Forge being used as a techno-foe of sorts again. If we don’t get a scene referencing the time Storm killed him in Astonishing, I’ll be disappointed
-I don’t know who Teen-Bombination is so I don’t know why I should care...
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 19 Jul 2018, 16:26

das_boot wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 14:28
LOVED
-Gabby. Just Gabby.
-More Jean explaining that she can cut loose now that she doesn’t have to worry about Phoenix
DIDN’T LOVE
-Forge being used as a techno-foe of sorts again. If we don’t get a scene referencing the time Storm killed him in Astonishing, I’ll be disappointed
Gambit being useless? Must be a day that ends in "y".

Also, you'd think Forge would invent some kind of way to protect himself from being used by telepaths to create implements of murder but I guess it's his kink.

I didn't love the explanation for Nezhno's power and tend to agree that it removes a special dimension of the character, but oh well! Not a big loss ultimately.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 19 Jul 2018, 20:28

InsipidLust wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 16:26
das_boot wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 14:28
LOVED
-Gabby. Just Gabby.
DIDN’T LOVE
Gambit being useless? Must be a day that ends in "y".

Also, you'd think Forge would invent some kind of way to protect himself from being used by telepaths to create implements of murder but I guess it's his kink.

I didn't love the explanation for Nezhno's power and tend to agree that it removes a special dimension of the character, but oh well! Not a big loss ultimately.
Lust, you shady git ha ha ha.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 20 Jul 2018, 18:49

InsipidLust wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 16:26
Now I'm going to be disappointed if this story doesn't end with Forge turning to Cass and saying "haha joke's on you, I was just playing along, I built a device in my head that protects me from telepathy" and then he shoots her, or something along those lines.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 20 Jul 2018, 19:56

Actually... I imagine it could end with Jean doing a mind meld between Forge and Trinary to shut the machines down...

znop

Post by znop » 21 Jul 2018, 20:24

After reading the previews for Wakanda Forever #1 -- I came away wondering two things -- has Nezhno (Gentle) and N'Kano (Vibraxas) ever met and which Vibranium infused/tattooed Wakandan would win if they turned their powers on each other...

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 21 Jul 2018, 20:38

I caught up with this, and im really enjoying this series. Love quite a lof of it actually, with my favourites stand outs being Jean Grey leading and being badass, Cassandra Nova being creeppy, Laura and Gabby, and particularly Storm's fierce, fierce look with that costume and that high pony tail, i live for that, she looks bad (in the good way). She better say something in the next issue besides two lines, though.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

ultimatekey

Post by ultimatekey » 23 Jul 2018, 23:44

Spoiler: show
Does anybody else think that Gentle and Trinary have a budding romance between them?

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 27 Jul 2018, 22:51

Finally got to this, and I really liked it. I love the art- Kurt with a beard is great and Jean looks fantastic. Nova is written well here, a credible slow burn threat. I hope this title gets to continue, as it seems to actually have a purpose, and 6 issues in, the villain is still going strong.