Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-Men Gold #32

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Fenix

X-Men Gold #32

Post by Fenix » 18 Jul 2018, 18:55

Well, Im a sucker for all Days of Future... things so this last arc has been kind of funny.
The issue is not bad but either we can guess what is going to happen with Rachel thanks to Xmen Red Annual or Im totally clueless where Guggs is heading to with her.
And i liked the art a lot.

Anna Raven

Re: X-Men Gold #32

Post by Anna Raven » 18 Jul 2018, 23:52

The big thing that bugs me about the writing here is that Rachel is snapping necks in her dream-state, but they are just being "knocked out" in the real world which lessens all the stakes. It's not like Rachel is doing any irreversible harm, outside of a concussion or two (maybe that's where this is all leading, Guggenheim is going to point out how dangerous superheroing is by having Nightcrawler get CTE).

But seriously, no one is really in danger here, and yet Rachel is going to torture herself. Also, I'm not sure I liked the shade they threw on Jean, that she was culpable for letting Mastermind and Dark Phoenix take control, but Rachel is "better" somehow. It's like they want Rachel to be simultaneously "broken" and "the potential to be the best X-Man ever" at the same time, and I'm having trouble seeing it.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

ev82

Post by ev82 » 19 Jul 2018, 02:58

horrible dribble.
X-Men Editorial Draft
X-Men: Magik|Cannonball|Psylocke|Thunderbird II|Gentile|Petra
All New X-Factor: Havok|Frenzy|Forge|Sunfire|Bloodstorm(Mutant X)|Wild Child|Cipher

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 19 Jul 2018, 09:17

ev82 wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 02:58
horrible dribble.
That’s being polite about it. I can’t wait for this series to be over.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 19 Jul 2018, 19:54

So, is this the end of the Dark Prestige (UGH) storyline? Basically, her kid dad walks by and was like "Oh, you only thought you killed me. See? It's fake." And then she's all "You know what? You're right!" And then it's over. Literally the exact same plot Storm had a few arcs ago if you stick OML in for Tyke.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 19 Jul 2018, 20:58

Thats what happens with Guggs and some other writers, they can be original and have a good idea but then they develop it poorly and killing any momentum it could have had.
Guggs hasnt been original at all this whole run, its been evident he is a mediocre writer.
Marvel has been assigning very questionable writers to the X-Men franchise, some of them have been good, some have been a big miss.
Bendis in example is somehow original but he has failed several times when getting from A to B, but probably we can all agree that he had his moments here and there and he is really good doing solos books, even if his X-Men run can be easily forgetable.
With Guggenheim we cant say anything good, he is playing pure nostalgia since issue 1, he is not being original nor twisting the stories to surprise us with something new and when he tries to do something like that he ends doing it poorly like when Storm needed OM Logan to prompt her to use her powers in the Negative Zone... or everything related to Rachel... or focusing too much in express relationships that didnt make all the sense we could expect or desire.
I liked this arc but just because how much I like any reference to Days of Future Past, but Im really looking forward to see this book ending and, hopefully, being relaunched as Uncanny in a couple months time.
Spoiler: show
As for Dark Prestige... read X-Men Red, it might not be over yet...

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 19 Jul 2018, 22:37

If anything, I’m furious that it’s Mesmero who’s been behind Rachel’s downfall. If it was someone who’d ever posed an actual threat to other telepaths, like the Masterminds, or The Shadow King, or... I dunno. ANY telepath other than Mesmero who I don’t even remember appearing in comics after the Legacy Virus stuff... then fine. But Mesmero? MESMERO. Against one of THE most formidable psi-talents among the X-Men? Nope. Sorry. No. Try again.

I also don’t know how I feel about Iceman and Pyro. Like... it’s been very telegraphed for one thing, and I kind of feel like with someone still just coming to terms with his sexuality, I’m not overly convinced that Bobby would be a one night stand kind of guy...
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 20 Jul 2018, 01:45

Well, Mesmero did manage to take down the entire X-Men team back in the day, including Phoenix. There was a whole plot arc where they'd gone missing and they were found working a carnival under his control. So, even though he's sort of a loser, he does have precedent.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

gardien

Post by gardien » 20 Jul 2018, 02:31

das_boot wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 22:37

I also don’t know how I feel about Iceman and Pyro. Like... it’s been very telegraphed for one thing, and I kind of feel like with someone still just coming to terms with his sexuality, I’m not overly convinced that Bobby would be a one night stand kind of guy...
I personally am all for Iceman getting in a little action. I felt like he did come to terms with who he is during all of Grace's run and i have faith with his new solo series coming back they'll touch on why Bobby did this. Although, after being dumped by your boyfriend, defeating Daken, leading his own successful (used lightly) team, watching his friends get cold feet(no pun intended), why wouldn't he want to cut loose one night and with someone he finds mildy attractive and annoying. I honestly am proud of Bobby for staying off of Grindr as long as he has and support this combo going further as long as Guggenheim never touches them again
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 20 Jul 2018, 09:01

gardien wrote:
20 Jul 2018, 02:31
das_boot wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 22:37

I personally am all for Iceman getting in a little action. I felt like he did come to terms with who he is during all of Grace's run and i have faith with his new solo series coming back they'll touch on why Bobby did this. Although, after being dumped by your boyfriend, defeating Daken, leading his own successful (used lightly) team, watching his friends get cold feet(no pun intended), why wouldn't he want to cut loose one night and with someone he finds mildy attractive and annoying. I honestly am proud of Bobby for staying off of Grindr as long as he has and support this combo going further as long as Guggenheim never touches them again
Oh, I wasn’t being prudish, he’s a grown man and can sleep with whomever he wants, I was just saying that it doesn’t really fit his personality... Bobby’s never been a one-night stand kind of guy, but I get it