Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Deadpool: Assassin #3

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Cable

Deadpool: Assassin #3

Post by Cable » 13 Jul 2018, 13:36

Is anyone else reading this mini? Thoughts on it?

Full Spoilers:
Spoiler: show
After Deadpool and Weasel hash out their argument on the phone, Wade ends up getting attacked by the Harkspur Brood. Deadpool murders them and then spots Threnody nearby. The Harkspurs reanimate and he has to kill them again before pursuing her. He ends up getting attacked and defeated by Blackout, but then Threnody attacks the villain and saves Wade. She says she has never seen someone stand up to the Guild like he has and she thinks they can help each other. Later Deadpool sneaks into Guild Headquarters and threatens Belladonna's life. He says she can have the kill he was after, he dumped the body in the swamp, and from now on she should just call him. He reunites with Threnody outside and says he negotiated her release from the Guild. She does not believe they will just let her go, and he reluctantly allows her to team up with him.
I am actually enjoying this more than Young's run on the main title (Klein's art is pretty interesting on that one but here we have the always reliable Mark Bagley). I don't think humor is Bunn's strong suit but there was a couple decent lines (Deadpool telling Blackout he is his own grandpa was great). The real draw for me is obviously Bunn is dipping into a corner of the X-verse here with the Assassin's Guild and the return of Threnody, as well as bringing in some other interesting villains to fill the ranks like Blackout and a Bunn throwback creation the Harkspur Brood (the reanimation bit with Threnody was great). I am actually hoping the quarrel with the Guild has not wrapped up as I would like to see more obscure cameos come after Wade. I look forward to seeing how this new partnership works and where this will leave Melody in the end.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Blackcyclops

Re: Deadpool: Assassin #3

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Jul 2018, 16:01

How did threnody come back?
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

EphemeristX

Re: Deadpool: Assassin #3

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Jul 2018, 16:30

Aw, Threnody. One of the D-List folks I have a soft spot for. I'm glad she didn't die like everybody last issue.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"