Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

Generation X #7

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
gardien

Generation X #7

Post by gardien » 18 Oct 2017, 18:32

My man Benji showing us that being a mutant is hard sometimes but it's even harder being a teeanger. Loved this use of the character. I can't wait till the team start working more cohesively. I thiNj we are getting these little personal stories to show how they've grown since their first encounter with M-Plate. Hope they give her a proper run for her money.
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

Cable

Re: Generation X #7

Post by Cable » 19 Oct 2017, 23:40

I was surprised at how good this was. If you just described it to me and what three X-Men were involved I would guess I would not be interested. But there was some great character writing and also great humor. I laughed out loud more than a couple times. And what Arcade said to QQ about being a nanosentinel? Awesome.

My only complaint is that I don't really like how good Deeds is getting at his power. I feel like he was a more unique character when he did the whole "subtly change to reflect those around him" than now where he is getting to full blown shapeshifter.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

judeno

Post by judeno » 20 Oct 2017, 01:30

If you have told me that I'd be genuinely interested in Benjamin Deeds and a slow burning romance with a new character, I wouldn't have believed you. Strain is taking her time, but she's got the character notes just right. Quire's non-stop sass with these two is fantastic. The EyeBoy/Nature Girl story was a little meh, but I'm hoping these quieter moments lead us somewhere fun. I find myself trusting this writer, and I'm totally looking forward to as many original-GenXers they can fit in this book. Husk/Jubes/Chamber triangle?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 20 Oct 2017, 06:31

Cable wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 23:40
I was surprised at how good this was. If you just described it to me and what three X-Men were involved I would guess I would not be interested. But there was some great character writing and also great humor. I laughed out loud more than a couple times. And what Arcade said to QQ about being a nanosentinel? Awesome.

My only complaint is that I don't really like how good Deeds is getting at his power. I feel like he was a more unique character when he did the whole "subtly change to reflect those around him" than now where he is getting to full blown shapeshifter.
Just a little correction, that was Kade Kilgore, not Arcade. I also really enjoyed this, I thought it was funny when vampire Jubes bit her tongue lol.
X-Men 1872: Rogue|Deadpool|Old Man Logan|Moonstar|San Francisco(HQ)|Thunderbird I|Cecilia Reyes|Stacy X|Lady Deathstrike|Mariko Yashida|Scorpion Boy

Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8

grief

Post by grief » 22 Oct 2017, 01:16

This was probably the best issue of the book so far. I loved the dialouge here, I loved the interactions between Quire, Deeds, and New Guy and the potential romantic sub-plot a-brewing. I'm perhaps most put off by the idea of Chamber and Jubilee as a couple - but that's just because I never would have made that pairing myself. I'm cool to see this play out though, if only to get more focus on Jono and Jubes. Super fun issue.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

gardien

Post by gardien » 22 Oct 2017, 21:44

Cable wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 23:40

See I read it as people he had to be within vicinity to. The panel before shows Mandrill and then he shifts again to that grey gargoyle guy who he passes on his escape. And what I'm hoping is the writer explains that it was Deeds who amped the brawl wih the powers he "farts out" lol
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"