Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

X-Men Gold #14

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Blackcyclops

X-Men Gold #14

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Oct 2017, 10:58

So fear not no editor told Bunn to kill Bloodstorm for shock value...
Anyway, I love that reliving history means that some people get to experience some storylines for the first time lol :P
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Flapflop

Re: X-Men Gold #14

Post by Flapflop » 18 Oct 2017, 12:48

Blackcyclops wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 10:58
So fear not no editor told Bunn to kill Bloodstorm for shock value...
I predict everyone will be alive again after this story
I do not give my word... unless I mean to keep it.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 18 Oct 2017, 22:35

Blackcyclops wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 10:58
Anyway, I love that reliving history means that some people get to experience some storylines for the first time lol :P
I guess? It's more like a few pages here and there, possibly with a fight scene, so it's not really experiencing storylines so much as getting references for the old timers.

I enjoy the meta jokes here and there but overall this seems to be a lot of standing/fighting around doing nothing to actually move any sort of plot forward. The only thing that actually happens is Cyclops divulging that the O5 is working with Magneto.

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 18 Oct 2017, 23:28

Nah, even as a nostalgia trip, this isn't working for me.
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/

Crawler

Post by Crawler » 19 Oct 2017, 00:39

At least being bi-monthly it'll be over in three weeks? I agree. I thought I'd like it more, but it's totally a gimmick that isn't doing much to tell the story.

I'll reverse course if the "back at the mansion" stuff leads to those characters leaping into action.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 19 Oct 2017, 02:41

Each issue is a little more boring than the last.

I don't see why Kitty is so righteous about Magtneto. It's not just way back when he was headmaster, he's basically been a regular on the team for the last 10 years. And I also don't see why one silly simulation would cause Lil Cyke to freak out and decide Magneto is the worst villain ever.
X-Men 1872: Rogue|Deadpool|Old Man Logan|Moonstar|San Francisco(HQ)|Thunderbird I|Cecilia Reyes|Stacy X|Lady Deathstrike|Mariko Yashida|Scorpion Boy

Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 19 Oct 2017, 04:18

Same with Rachel really, she was just working alongside him in Civil War II. That being said, I could kind of see the differences that would make Kitty and Rachel uncomfortable with the idea of the O5 kids working with Magneto. Yes, Kitty and Rachel have both worked with him but as allies, the O5 are following his orders and being used as pawns.
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 19 Oct 2017, 04:36

Anna Raven wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 02:41
I don't see why Kitty is so righteous about Magtneto.
Not to mention he's the only reason she's not still on a bullet in space somewhere...
It's not just way back when he was headmaster, he's basically been a regular on the team for the last 10 years. And I also don't see why one silly simulation would cause Lil Cyke to freak out and decide Magneto is the worst villain ever.
I feel like the writers believe that Magneto's actions during IvX were a lot worse than they actually came across (I remember debating why Psylocke thought Magneto crossed the line and "killed" him at the end of UXF). And yeah, a simulation of Magneto in full 60s villain mode doesn't mean much. Would've been better if he had shown Morrison's Magneto or something (which yes wasn't him but maybe Cyke wouldn't've realized that quick enough before blurting it out). Or even better if maybe Magneto had them do something a bit morally grey, but that would've been an entirely different plot arc.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 19 Oct 2017, 10:37

That was 90s Magneto sctually Magnus lol

Hasn’t Lil Cyke been against working with Mags from jump? Also, his freak out was because Mags was attacking Rachel (a Jean proxy) and given their renewed closemess, he snapped alil.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger