Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

X-Force #10

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Gremlin

X-Force #10

Post by Gremlin » 08 Oct 2014, 17:47

An odd issue. Forget-Me-Not from X-Men Legacy #300 is being chased around the XF base by the team but every time they lose sight of him they forget he ever existed (think the Silence from Doctor Who). Long story short, FMN eventually gets to a teleporter to escape but finds an unconscious Dr Nemesis and reads the plans they had for him. They wanted to use FMN to get one of the tracker bugs deployed (by temporarily depowering him so he shows up on scanners), capture it, put their own tracker on it, and then have it sent back to the bad guy's base. FMN decides to help out XF but it doesn't quite work out like he thought. The bug remembers who he was even after he gets his powers back. Fantomex appears, reveals he is immune to FMN's powers and that he was just having fun watching everyone else act like idiots. He shoots and kills FMN and then the bug (and the mysterious bad guy) forget FMN existed again.

I say it's an odd issue because some rather interesting things happen (Psylocke sleeping with Cable clones, Meme and Fantomex doing whatever they do). But the beginning half was just FMN running around the base again and again. Then at the end it got a little expositional when FMN pretty much explained the whole plot out loud for the reader. I know that sometimes it is needed I just felt it was too convenient and maybe a better way of letting the reader know the plan could have done.

Good issue though. I enjoy this title for the off-the-wall comic it is.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Blackcyclops

Re: X-Force #10

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Oct 2014, 18:02

SKip the art and this was so off-kilter that I did really enjoy it.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

drzoidberg

Post by drzoidberg » 08 Oct 2014, 18:11

Gremlin wrote:Fantomex appears, reveals he is immune to FMN's powers and that he was just having fun watching everyone else act like idiots.
:lol: that's amazing

Sabin

Post by Sabin » 08 Oct 2014, 18:13

Very good issue. I like that Spurrier isn't overly precious about Forget Me Not. He's using him to advance this story in a bleak and depressing way. His Dr. Nemesis continues to rock, and he's all but doing the impossible in making Fantomex usable again.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 09 Oct 2014, 00:42

Yeah, really off-the-wall at first, but the end wrapped it up nicely. And damn, Spurrier wasted no time getting rid of Forget-Me-Not.

Art was horrendous, though. The nicest thing I can say is that it's well-colored and readable (rarely confused as to what I'm seeing). But the perspectives and angles and proportions are just horribly off. I really wish they'd get a permanent artist on this book (preferably Jorge Molina).

Also... if Fantomex and Hope are banging, and Cable and Psylocke are banging, but Fantomex and Psylocke used to bang... that's not a lot of degrees of separation between Cable and Hope.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Oct 2014, 00:44

Magnus wrote:
Also... if Fantomex and Hope are banging, and Cable and Psylocke are banging, but Fantomex and Psylocke used to bang... that's not a lot of degrees of separation between Cable and Hope.

And now Magnus is my least favorite poster...*gags*

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 09 Oct 2014, 00:50

I thought I was already your least favorite poster! :D

Psylocke828

Post by Psylocke828 » 09 Oct 2014, 01:02

Cable is going to kill Fantomex when he finds out. And now he has several reasons to do so.

Abaddon

Post by Abaddon » 09 Oct 2014, 01:43

Blackcyclops wrote:
Magnus wrote:

And now Magnus is my least favorite poster...*gags*
What the hell BC?! I thought I was your least favorite!!! You're cheating on me with him?! We used to squabble like M and Jubilee! Didn't it mean anything to you?! ;)

Seriously, this was a bit of an odd issue and a little depressing at the end with the death of Forget me Not. The art was terrible; I really hope Molina comes back. This looked like someone colored the rough sketches a good artist does to plan the story.
Not surprised Betsy couldn't stay away from Cable, but now I'm completely revolted by Hope and Fanto.....Cable is going to murder him and that will be a great day.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go."
-Oscar Wilde

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Oct 2014, 01:49

TO be fair, this is Spurrier's X-Men Legacy partner so I think he came on board just for the FMN guest spot.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Mastermind

Post by Mastermind » 09 Oct 2014, 03:05

Was Betsy an Xman when Cable was a baby?!
I just can't see her being able to get over that if she was...

I'm creeped out for her. I don't care if he IS a big gruff G.I.Joe standing in front of her

Bets you were friends with his MOTHER... And tried to seduce his father
* Shudders*
Last edited by Mastermind on 09 Oct 2014, 03:08, edited 1 time in total.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Oct 2014, 03:07

Mastermind wrote:Was Betsy and Xman when Cable was a baby?!
I just can't see her being able to get over that if she was...

I'm creeped out for her. I don't care if he IS a big gruff G.I.Joe standing in front of her

Bets you were friends with his MOTHER... And tried to seduce his father
* Shudders*
LOL...this thread is taking a strange turn...like the opposite of a shirtless Corsair thread

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Mastermind

Post by Mastermind » 09 Oct 2014, 03:12

Actually, now that I think about it.. Didn't she try and have a bit of thing with Alex when they were in Australia?! ( flirtation)

Betsy is such a Summophile

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Oct 2014, 03:15

NEW WORD!!!!!
HEADCANON!!!!!

My X-Men Draft Picks:

elixir86

Post by elixir86 » 09 Oct 2014, 07:29

At this point I'm glad LilCyclops and Corsair are in space...and now I need to stop before my fervid imagination brings me too far...

I think the sex is a way to balance her addiction to murder, Eros & Thanatos

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 10 Oct 2014, 12:42

Anyone have any guesses for the mysterious baddie sending out the bugs? Going on the shape and position of the eyes I am guessing The Sugar Man.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

jesse james

Post by jesse james » 10 Oct 2014, 16:49

If Bets really turns out to be a Summophile and she also had a thing going with that female Fantomex, Rachel should be glad she changed her name to Grey!

Cable

Post by Cable » 11 Oct 2014, 14:42

I'm conflicted on this. At first I hated Spurrier's use of Forget-Me-Not. The whole point of that Legacy issue was that your role in something doesn't have to be remembered or recognized for you to have been important. And now its like HEY GUYS REMEMBER FORGET-ME-NOT?! It tarnishes that excellent story to bring him back. But I do have to say Spurrier makes excellent use of the character here.

And I don't like the art but I almost feel it's fitting. It is whacky looking, and the story is completely bizarre.

This continues to be my favorite X-book.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers