Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-Terminators #1

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Blackcyclops

X-Terminators #1

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 Sep 2022, 14:02

It was like Leah walked in and said “Hey what if I write the Harley Quinn cartoon but with bad-ass X-ladies and vamps?”…and then someone said “So Blackcyclops will love it?”…because I love this! Lol…
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

Milkshake08

Re: X-Terminators #1

Post by Milkshake08 » 21 Sep 2022, 19:31

This was just a ton of fun. Great, vibrant art and coloring. Great grasp on the characters. It's nice to see mutants having a life OUTSIDE of Krakoa and Krakoan politics too. I missed stuff like this a lot. Plus, well, Dazz and Jubes are in this so I'd always be ready.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 Sep 2022, 20:33

I told Williams on Twitter she basically got love from the Old School Black community for dropping a “Perculator” reference in the comic lol
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 21 Sep 2022, 20:52

Haha I laughed out loud at that. Also Jubilee's many comments on how, well, slutty Boom Boom looked - but like, in an admiring way - were my other favorite lines. You can tell Williams just had fun with this, and more comic writers should be able to just have fun, because it's good for the readers too!

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 Sep 2022, 23:02

I just like that they felt like friends…like Williams is a master at making characters feel familiar
-Cly

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 22 Sep 2022, 06:19

Omg, this was the most fun I’ve had reading an X-comic since the start of Judgement Snore. This was fun, stupid dumb fun and I loved it.
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 25 Sep 2022, 23:08

das_boot wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 06:19
This was fun, stupid dumb fun and I loved it.
Fun but dumb, though I thought the first half was a lot stronger. The start is great. Once they pass out and wake up it becomes a bit just generic action, and pointless in a way since it's all obviously a simulation (which thankfully the characters realize rather quickly). Although Dazzler yeeting the baby was hilarious. Never thought I'd read the word "bimbofication" in a mainline X-title...

It actually makes quite a lot of sense to me that these characters would be friends, and Williams does a great job making them sound individual despite all being somewhat similar character-wise. Art's pretty good too. Hopefully this start remains promising.

Also RIP to the Dazzler/Dr. Nemesis ship, apparently (though I didn't think it ever made sense for her, TBH).

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 26 Sep 2022, 15:48

Funnily enough I thought Dazz dating Nemesis made sense for HER. If you read her old book from the 80's, Alison loves dating older men who are wealthy or younger trashy guys (like the guy who she dumped in this).