Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marauders #26

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Flapflop

Marauders #26

Post by Flapflop » 01 Dec 2021, 10:25

Great issue, bad part is
Spoiler: show
the big fight with Fing Fang Foom wich seems just to fill the pages not only with story exposition and politics but also some clubbering time. Though Iceman kicks ass ofcourse.
So the good part is >
Spoiler: show
Leland is resurrected but because he was dead a long time he is slowly getting prepped by Emma and Sebastian for the truth. (Wich he embraces in the end with tears in his eyes. He loves the idea of all mutants, good or bad, together in peace) They want Leland to become the ambassador for Krakoa at the United Nations (with help from a Cuckoo). And prepare him for the return of Nimrod (at wich hands he died in the first place). And a bonus revelation, Shaw confesses to Shinobi and Leland that Leland is Shinobi real dad. Leland is overjoyed and wants to spend time in finally being the real father of Shinobi. In the end the ambassador of the UK is suprised by Leland arrival at the UN.
Last edited by Flapflop on 01 Dec 2021, 15:31, edited 2 times in total.
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

Blackcyclops

Re: Marauders #26

Post by Blackcyclops » 01 Dec 2021, 13:00

I loved it…sorry if politics isn’t your thang.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 01 Dec 2021, 15:30

Blackcyclops wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 13:00
You misinterpret me. I meant the politics was awsome, the fight the usual boring figth of the day
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 01 Dec 2021, 16:42

Flapflop wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 15:30
Blackcyclops wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 13:00
You misinterpret me. I meant the politics was awsome, the fight the usual boring figth of the day

Oh cool!

I’m biased toward Fin Fang Foom so him showing up and getting whooped by giant Iceman was dope…I just hope it leads to more substantial story beats for Bobby.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 01 Dec 2021, 16:55

I love confident Bobby. I'm so happy about his glow up.

And I did not expect them to pull the trigger on Shinobi's parentage. And we have Lourdes returning as well. It does feel a bit like the writer trying to clear the board for the next book, but I'm fine with a bunch of storylines actually getting finished, even if I'd have liked them to be fleshed out a bit.
I feel like dynamite, I feel like dying tonight
Just give me a taste, let it be locust-laced

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 01 Dec 2021, 19:28

I enjoyed this— it felt a lot more important than the last few issues, even if the Bobby/Marauders stuff felt like filler again, it was also some nice growth for Bobby.

Glad Leland is back and glad that they’ve shown that some long-dead mutants are going to have death-related trauma. I’m interested to see where this revived HFC will go now that they have common goals with the X-Men
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 01 Dec 2021, 22:31

After reading this I actually enjoyed it also and the fight between Iceman and Fin Fang Foom was awesome and it does make sense that Bobby could become an giant Iceman by absorbing the sea water.

It was interesting to see Leland experiencing death related trauma from Nimrod and also how happy he was to see them all working together. I am convinced he would have switched to Xavier's side if he had lived longer, I wonder if in the long term we will start to see a more House of M style world where Mutants start taking over more of the world and the conflicts that will arise.

But I am know dead certain after reading this and seeing how happy Leland is that something absolutely terrible is going to happen to them all like something akin to the Mutant Massacre/Genosha.

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 02 Dec 2021, 02:47

The Leland/Shinobi scene was weird. Almost like it was going to be a bigger storyline that was dropped. As for the rest, it was good but I'm not sure where this book is going with the restoration of the original Hellfire Club. We had the White Queen, Black King, White Bishop and Black Bishop in this issue (though Pierce was a background cameo). Who are the current members?

White Queen - Emma Frost
White Bishop - Christian Frost
White Knight - Callisto

Red Queen - Kitty Pryde
Red Bishop - Bishop
Red Knight - ?

Black King - Sebastian Shaw
Black Bishop - Shinobi Shaw
Black Knight - Fenris twins

So what title does Harry Leland hold?

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 02 Dec 2021, 03:10

Great issue, loved the politics and the Ice Giant, but is it 100% confirmed that Shinobi is Leland's son? Because i took it as a Mamma Mia situation where it coulde be from either of the two, but it feels anti climatic for Shaw to simply say, Harry meet your bastard, i preffer if it was ambiguous, Shinobi and his two fathers.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 02 Dec 2021, 03:11

He might not be a member…
-Cly

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 02 Dec 2021, 09:20

manuel_mc89 wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 03:10
Great issue, loved the politics and the Ice Giant, but is it 100% confirmed that Shinobi is Leland's son? Because i took it as a Mamma Mia situation where it coulde be from either of the two, but it feels anti climatic for Shaw to simply say, Harry meet your bastard, i preffer if it was ambiguous, Shinobi and his two fathers.
It could be that Shaw is pursuing a deadly vendetta with Leland and Emma, he did tell Shinobi that Emma/Kate killed him. This issue had all the members of the Inner Circle including Donald Pierce which was very interesting he was literally sitting next to Leland and I bet he is almost certainly aware he has been dead for some time.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 02 Dec 2021, 11:29

Pierce was sitting next to the Ambassador from the UK, I thought? Oh yeah Leland walked in and made his statement next to them.
-Cly

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 02 Dec 2021, 12:47

Blackcyclops wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 11:29
Pierce was sitting next to the Ambassador from the UK, I thought? Oh yeah Leland walked in and made his statement next to them.
Yes he was and I was also wondering did they bury Leland? wonder if Pierce knows where his body is? will he use this to claim they are all frauds?

Wonder how this will all collapse can see it ending badly in that how happy they all look. Curious to see how Shaw/Leland and Lourdes work it out together if they can.

Although I do wonder if Shaw is planning a deadly payback to Emma...

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 03 Dec 2021, 05:41

EphemeristX wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 16:55
It does feel a bit like the writer trying to clear the board for the next book, but I'm fine with a bunch of storylines actually getting finished, even if I'd have liked them to be fleshed out a bit.
_Rick_ wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:47
The Leland/Shinobi scene was weird. Almost like it was going to be a bigger storyline that was dropped.
I agree, it definitely feels like a lot of plots are just sorta being wrapped up in a perfunctory fashion, instead of really getting time to shine. But, I suppose it's better than being crammed into a rushed ending, like what happened in X-Factor. For me, the sort of ho-hum nature of everything made this just an OK issue. Iceman finally getting the confidence to live up to his Omega strength is good, even if the fight here felt a bit silly (and I hope continues into the next issue, because as it left off here, bit of a dangler).

As for Leland, I agree with BC that I don't think he's part of the new Club currently. Just Krakoa's UN ambassador.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 03 Dec 2021, 14:04

He wouldn't be the only one. Selene and Mastermind also don't seem to be members.
I feel like dynamite, I feel like dying tonight
Just give me a taste, let it be locust-laced

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 03 Dec 2021, 15:08

I guess I wasn’t expecting too much more from Shinobi and Leland finally meeting…maybe I’m just alil slow lol…

I liked how in a short space we got a pretty good idea of who Harry Leland is and his relationships and it made me interested in seeing more of him. So for me that made it a pretty good issue…and again I love Fin Fang Foom and hope this establishes a personal vendetta against Bobby. Bobby needs arch-rivals.
-Cly

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 03 Dec 2021, 17:46

He does actually and would be really interesting for him to fight of against some more established Marvel villains could imagine him fighting Hydro-Man.

Mastermind/Selene are in the X-Corporation comic with Angel/Monet but may cross over.

Seriously what is up with Kate she's like a completely different person than before in X-Men Gold.

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 03 Dec 2021, 18:47

Pyro attended the HTC meeting with Kate and Bishop during the Gala, indicating he may have become the Red Knight. (No other Marauders were seen present.)
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 03 Dec 2021, 21:37

Good catch Monolith. It would make sense then.

The reason I was inquiring about Leland (but not Selene and Mastermind), was because he seems to be working under the Hellfire Monarchs. Selene and Mastermind are on X-corp and don't seem to be involved with Shaw, Emma or Kitty. Granted, like I pointed out in the Inferno thread, I still believe that Kitty is a bad choice for the Quiet Council. She seems to be working more under Emma rather than being her own independent branch of Hellfire. We should have had Warren as the Red King.

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 03 Dec 2021, 22:34

_Rick_ wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 21:37
Good catch Monolith. It would make sense then.

The reason I was inquiring about Leland (but not Selene and Mastermind), was because he seems to be working under the Hellfire Monarchs. Selene and Mastermind are on X-corp and don't seem to be involved with Shaw, Emma or Kitty. Granted, like I pointed out in the Inferno thread, I still believe that Kitty is a bad choice for the Quiet Council. She seems to be working more under Emma rather than being her own independent branch of Hellfire. We should have had Warren as the Red King.
I agree, and Warren seems to be a perfect good choice.