Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Way of X #3

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
tokenBG1009

Way of X #3

Post by tokenBG1009 » 23 Jun 2021, 17:52

More like Way of Sex! Am I right? Also, go read SWORD 3 before you read this. Yes, I know it's hard to put down Nightcrawler, but this spoils events in that book. Turns out that list in the back is meant to be a top down read order.

Right, so sexy issue, but also kinda heart breaking. Stacy X becomes a MORE likable character and Lost has found a reason to be. Great explanation on how the location is well suited to her powers.

I appreciate that how Stacy is debuted here tied into the bigger story of the issue. She challenges Kurt and puts him in his place with a vision of stark (or stork) reality.

Oh, and Onslaught does things, I guess if you care about that.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Blackcyclops

Re: Way of X #3

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Jun 2021, 19:24

You’re right token, a pretty great way to re-introduce a character who was so divisive.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Majestic

Post by Majestic » 23 Jun 2021, 21:37

The wonderful thing about mutantkind having such an insanely deep bench all in one place (more or less) is that it enables Spurrier to ask, “My lead has this question. That question has this answer, but who has the right perspective to provide that answer?” and then not have to worry about them being dead or off in space or whatever. He can safely assume that they’re on hand.

Stacy X benefits enormously from this: her inclusion feels organic and—since she’s pointing some of the same flaws and/or oversights in how Krakoan society is taking shape that have been apparent since House of X but the X-Books have ignored up until this title—quite welcome, to boot. I’m looking forward to Spurrier and Quinn continuing in this vein, with what Legion calls “the little people” shaping Krakoan society for the better with Kurt as their “A-List” representative.
BODYSHOP INDUSTRIES (X-Villain Draft) : Spiral, Cameron Hodge, Ahab, Pandemic, The Isolationist, Cylla Markham, Matsu'o Tsurayaba, Sugar Man, Nanny & Orphanmaker

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 23 Jun 2021, 23:46

Speaking of deep bench, I hate how there are so many random characters in the background. Where are Match, Trance, Bling, Hellion, etc? A new character (sometimes 6 or 7) turns up in every book. But the characters they bothered to resurrect have disappeared. Well except for DJ. He's everywhere. Poor Tag. Didn't matter in death. Doesn't matter in second life.

ultimatekey

Post by ultimatekey » 24 Jun 2021, 02:16

Has Stacy-X and Nightcrawler ever been in a sexual situation before?

I ask because Stacy-X said "it reminds you of old times, right?" or something along the lines of that.

Was that Frenzy who rejected Fabian Cortez?

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 24 Jun 2021, 05:19

Stacy X and Nightcrawler got very flirty flirty when she was on the team. I don't think they ever sealed the deal, but there was sexual tension for sure.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 24 Jun 2021, 09:28

ultimatekey wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 02:16

I ask because Stacy-X said "it reminds you of old times, right?" or something along the lines of that.

Yes believe so but she looked a lot more muscular than before, think Cortez has an obsession with Magneto very creepy...

I agree think Stacy X raised a lot of interesting points and was a well used different point of view for Kurt especially with the law of making more mutants and it was a good idea to explore what this actually means. Although surprised that the mutants would just abandon there young aren't they supposed to be making more mutants which means caring for the young ones? seems a bit of an oversight to miss unless they plan on artificially accelerating there growth?

The disadvantage of having many mutants is that it seems we don't get to see many of the ones we want, I would like to see a little bit more of the Nastyboys or the 1990s Mutants rather than random ones.

Why are Xorn twins hovering about telling everyone to "go away?"

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Jun 2021, 11:28

Holland Oates wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 23:46
Speaking of deep bench, I hate how there are so many random characters in the background. Where are Match, Trance, Bling, Hellion, etc? A new character (sometimes 6 or 7) turns up in every book. But the characters they bothered to resurrect have disappeared. Well except for DJ. He's everywhere. Poor Tag. Didn't matter in death. Doesn't matter in second life.
Nobody wants to use them yet, so they aren’t being used, i guess…

Anyway, great point Majestic.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 24 Jun 2021, 13:20

STACY-X

As a huge fan of hers and as I HATED the X-Men’s puritanical attitude towards her because she was a former sex worker, seeing her SHUT. DOWN. Kurt’s claim that she had opened a brothel was great to me. Honestly, if there was ever a character that needed a chance to tell the X-Men off? It’s Stacy.

Also, Nemesis and Dazzler. LOL. Dazzesis.
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Jun 2021, 14:40

norwichchris wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 09:28
ultimatekey wrote:

Yes believe so but she looked a lot more muscular than before, think Cortez has an obsession with Magneto very creepy...

I agree think Stacy X raised a lot of interesting points and was a well used different point of view for Kurt especially with the law of making more mutants and it was a good idea to explore what this actually means. Although surprised that the mutants would just abandon there young aren't they supposed to be making more mutants which means caring for the young ones? seems a bit of an oversight to miss unless they plan on artificially accelerating there growth?
You're surprised Cortez has a Magneto obsession? Have you not read anything he's been in over the last couple months? The man worships Magneto. I'm 0% surprised he'd basically want someone to put on a Magneto robe and hat.

Stacy basically answered your second point. You have an island of people, who 90% of them are hot as hell. You've got some that want to experiment. You've got teenagers with nothing to do but have a whole lot of sex. And you expect them to give this up to have and raise children? They're following the letter of the law, but probably not the spirit.

I also appreciate that Stacy points out that The Five are kind of doing that all on their own. "Make More Mutants" was already kind of a stupid law anyways and her interpretation makes far more sense.

"Well, I wasn't going to have children, but since it's THE LAW I guess I have to." No, it was never going to be that so the law was stupid. It's barely more palatable than laws like "You can't eat a hamburger while riding a horse on a Sunday after six in the evening."
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 24 Jun 2021, 15:17

I love Stacy X's characterization and how it dovetails with our own growth and acceptance (and even celebration) of sex work and our generally increased sex positiveness. She was definitely a character that was unfairly maligned but also badly used. It's nice to see her character brought back in a new context and made legit.
"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 24 Jun 2021, 15:33

tokenBG1009 wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 14:40
You're surprised Cortez has a Magneto obsession? Have you not read anything he's been in over the last couple months? The man worships Magneto. I'm 0% surprised he'd basically want someone to put on a Magneto robe and hat.
Well actually thought he hated him rather than worshipped him? he spent most of the time pre-krakoa trying to kill him and usurp his authority going as far as kidnapping and attempting to kills his children/grandchildren. No have not really read anything much with him in to be honest except when he got slapped in Sword and told to F-OFF whilst naked....
tokenBG1009 wrote:
Stacy basically answered your second point. You have an island of people, who 90% of them are hot as hell. You've got some that want to experiment. You've got teenagers with nothing to do but have a whole lot of sex. And you expect them to give this up to have and raise children? They're following the letter of the law, but probably not the spirit.
Well no she didn't, they are taking on the role of caring for the babies as the whole purpose of making more mutants is making more Mutants who start of as babies - then children so it stands to reason they would have policies in place to look after them. Yes I accept they are 90% hot and teenagers want to experiment but they do need to consider the consequences of there actions and how to educate and look after the Children.

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 24 Jun 2021, 15:38

norwichchris wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 09:28
ultimatekey wrote:

The disadvantage of having many mutants is that it seems we don't get to see many of the ones we want, I would like to see a little bit more of the Nastyboys or the 1990s Mutants rather than random ones.

Why are Xorn twins hovering about telling everyone to "go away?"
I'd be up for more of the Nasty Boys. We've seen a bit of Gorgeous George and Slab. His sister and her husband (?) haven't appeared yet. I'm interested in Ramrod meeting Black Tom. Their both Irishmen who can manipulate wood. Just wish that the artists would branch out.

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 24 Jun 2021, 15:42

norwichchris wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 15:33
tokenBG1009 wrote:
Well actually thought he hated him rather than worshipped him? he spent most of the time pre-krakoa trying to kill him and usurp his authority going as far as kidnapping and attempting to kills his children/grandchildren. No have not really read anything much with him in to be honest except when he got slapped in Sword and told to F-OFF whilst naked....
tokenBG1009 wrote:
Well no she didn't, they are taking on the role of caring for the babies as the whole purpose of making more mutants is making more Mutants who start of as babies - then children so it stands to reason they would have policies in place to look after them. Yes I accept they are 90% hot and teenagers want to experiment but they do need to consider the consequences of there actions and how to educate and look after the Children.
Who is going to teach these kids the basics (like reading?). I've only seen phys ed in new mutants, so far.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Jun 2021, 15:45

Worship is probably the wrong word, but he is utterly fascinated with Magneto. The fact that Magneto treats him like something worse than fresh gum on your shoe probably drives him insane.

To your second point... Good luck telling teenagers to not have sex because they may have babies in a paradise where you can just drop them off and GTFO. "C'mon. Whole population of beach-bod supers on eternal spring break. No STIs. No strings attached." is literally her answering the question. Notice Nightcralwer has no response because there is none. At the end of the day "Make More Mutants" is a stupid law.
Holland Oates wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 15:42
Who is going to teach these kids the basics (like reading?). I've only seen phys ed in new mutants, so far.
It's all telepathically implanted. It's mentioned back in Children of the Atom that they do this.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Jun 2021, 15:54

I’m not really here to read a whole issue of kids learning reading and math, since I do that in real life enough. So not a problem to me if it’s something we should just “off-panel” lol

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Jun 2021, 16:08

Blackcyclops wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 15:54
I’m not really here to read a whole issue of kids learning reading and math, since I do that in real life enough. So not a problem to me if it’s something we should just “off-panel” lol
There's a reason every teen story happens right after the bell or during breaks. Though now that I'm thinking of it, I would love to see what growing up Krakoan is like.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Jun 2021, 16:14

tokenBG1009 wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 16:08
Blackcyclops wrote:
There's a reason every teen story happens right after the bell or during breaks. Though now that I'm thinking of it, I would love to see what growing up Krakoan is like.
I would be down for that, just not 8 hours of kids learning about calculus or what a gerund is lol

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 24 Jun 2021, 16:22

I never said tell teenagers not to have sex and experiment just that they need to decide what to do if they have children both the teenagers and the council it would be like they want more mutants but never really considered what to when babies are born. They seem to have decided to leave them to there own devices which is a bit worrying.

Holland Oates: YES I want to see the Nastyboys, Strong-guy and more of the Acolytes appear like Uniscoun and Frenzy.

They could do like a Krakoan School?

Also when Kurt was drunk what did he mean when he said he was over Meggan? that was hilarious by the way

Is Magneto dancing with Wanda?

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Jun 2021, 16:47

norwichchris wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 16:22
I never said tell teenagers not to have sex and experiment just that they need to decide what to do if they have children both the teenagers and the council it would be like they want more mutants but never really considered what to when babies are born. They seem to have decided to leave them to there own devices which is a bit worrying.

Holland Oates: YES I want to see the Nastyboys, Strong-guy and more of the Acolytes appear like Uniscoun and Frenzy.

They could do like a Krakoan School?
Congratulations! You've cracked the code. Stacy even mentions this when she says "Maybe they'll approve an adoption agency." Krakoa is a nation less than a year old and they've spent almost no time since it's founding actually figuring out what it needs. They're too busy "annexing planets and selling drugs" to figure out "what do we do with the kids people don't actually want, but have because there's no actual consequence for sex and then ditching the baby."

There are no "schools" the closest they have is habitat where the younger folks live. The New Mutants, Gen X, etc have their own areas.

Yes, he was basically drunk from the second panel to when he woke up.

They were hugging/embracing. It's the scene from SWORD at a different angle.

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 24 Jun 2021, 16:53

tokenBG1009 wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 15:45
Worship is probably the wrong word, but he is utterly fascinated with Magneto. The fact that Magneto treats him like something worse than fresh gum on your shoe probably drives him insane.

To your second point... Good luck telling teenagers to not have sex because they may have babies in a paradise where you can just drop them off and GTFO. "C'mon. Whole population of beach-bod supers on eternal spring break. No STIs. No strings attached." is literally her answering the question. Notice Nightcralwer has no response because there is none. At the end of the day "Make More Mutants" is a stupid law.
Holland Oates wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 15:42
It's all telepathically implanted. It's mentioned back in Children of the Atom that they do this.
Good to know. I dropped that title.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Jun 2021, 16:54

You aren't missing much outside of some decent character work about characters no one will care about in six months.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 24 Jun 2021, 16:54

I think it's an interesting to thing to explore....What if everything is handed to you and you do NO work for it. You get implanted with knowledge how to fight, you get implanted with languages, math skills, reading comprehension. But have no emotional connect to any of it. What becomes of a generation who has had a perfect utopia with of zero responsibilities, no parents, immortality, super powers, and teachings that say 'you are superior, you are the future'

I mean, look at real life, the kids of rich parents who get by on their money, good lucks and an instagram account. They're all sort of awful. Is the future of mutantdom a bunch of Aunt Becky's daughter and the Paul brothers?

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 24 Jun 2021, 17:05

Blackcyclops wrote:
Yeah that would be weird. Good thing no one has suggested that. But it's an issue that Krakoa needs to address unless they want to depend entirely on the already educated mutants. I guess that the arakkoans have done alright simply being a warrior civilization. But let's not pretend that the xmen haven't primarily operated out of a school for the majority of their career. A reference to learning something besides how to use your powers strategically is all I'd be looking for. It's bad enough that Krakoans are depicted as perpetual partiers who drop their babies off like donated clothing. Even the Fraggles didn't do that ish.

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 24 Jun 2021, 17:07

XtremeOne1 wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 16:54
I think it's an interesting to thing to explore....What if everything is handed to you and you do NO work for it. You get implanted with knowledge how to fight, you get implanted with languages, math skills, reading comprehension. But have no emotional connect to any of it. What becomes of a generation who has had a perfect utopia with of zero responsibilities, no parents, immortality, super powers, and teachings that say 'you are superior, you are the future'

I mean, look at real life, the kids of rich parents who get by on their money, good lucks and an instagram account. They're all sort of awful. Is the future of mutantdom a bunch of Aunt Becky's daughter and the Paul brothers?
And how redundant does that make David Alleyne feel? I'd be scared to see the mutant Paul brothers. I guess that Fenris is the closest equivalent.