Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Excalibur #21

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Monolith

Re: Excalibur #21

Post by Monolith » 10 Jun 2021, 18:25

Just tying together loose threads.

They made a point of mentioning again this issue that Arthur is missing, which hasn't been addressed since the first issue. Betsy calling attention to the idea that Akkaba can't do anything because of that is a clear sign the rug's going to pulled out from under her beliefs. That may just be Morgan's return, it may not.

And like I said, Meggan JUST had a baby. A second child would be, frankly, superfluous to the story. So there has to be a narrative reason for her pregnancy. Arthur and the Pendragon have been reincarnated before, both in Marvel and in general lore, so that's a possible outcome for this plot thread.

Hardly guaranteed, but that's just the first tragic consequence my mind went to.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 10 Jun 2021, 23:14

norwichchris wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 17:54
Think Gambit will return to Krakoa and mostly the entire team will disband with the exception of Rictor and Betsy. I see it being Mutants dealing with mystical threats to Krakoa rather than standard Human vs Mutants so a new team will form with this in mind.

Why would King Arthur reincarnate?
1. They specifically mentioned him in this issue.
2. King Under the Mountain myth. That Arthur will return when Britain most needs him.555555555555555555555555555555555
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 20 Jun 2021, 00:13

I know of the myth just never realised it was related to excalibur but should have guessed need to read the old excalibur comics.

Think personally prefer Brian as Captain Britain rather than Betsy.