Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Knights of X #3

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Blackcyclops

Knights of X #3

Post by Blackcyclops » 22 Jun 2022, 18:10

Interesting turn of events…actually alot of older continuity touched on here too. That last page definitely got my attention.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

das_boot

Re: Knights of X #3

Post by das_boot » 22 Jun 2022, 19:57

Spoiler: show
yep. I don’t believe for a second that Gambit is actually dead, not at all.
This title is just fun, but I cannot stress enough how much I’m going to need the following immediately:
-Betsy and Rachel to kiss
-Mordred’s powers to become apparent
-Bei to get some character work
-Meggan to continue to be an absolute HBIC
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

Cable

Post by Cable » 23 Jun 2022, 02:41

Death has become meaningless across the X-line but it just made this issue so much more impactful. What a big character to be taken off the board forever. I hope he did at least manage to also take out Merlyn permanently as well.

I wonder if we will get a strange new version as we did with Rockslide. This is going to be devastating for Rogue. Very sad since she finally seemed to find some happiness.
Best Comics of Week 25

X-titles: Immortal X-Men #3 by Kieron Gillen (2) and Lucas Werneck (1)
Non-X titles: Amazing Spider-Man #4 by Zeb Wells (3) and John Romita Jr (3)

In parentheses number of times creator had best comic this year

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 23 Jun 2022, 06:24

I mean… he pulled the death card… this issue had Betsy speaking to Death… this feels a lot like foreshadowing Gambit’s return to his Death persona and powers. To me it kind of makes sense that as that persona still lives within Gambit that it might mean his death in Otherworld doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to suffer the same fate as Gorgon and Rockslide
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 23 Jun 2022, 08:45

das_boot wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 19:57
I have a feeling at the end of the quesf (and this series) all casualties will be anulled
So
Apocalypse gave Xavier
the Siege Perilous
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Jun 2022, 10:20

That wasn’t Xavier that was Mr. M…the artist didn’t do a good job giving him that kind of gaunt look he used to have. I was confused initially too.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

Cable

Post by Cable » 23 Jun 2022, 10:58

das_boot wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 06:24
I mean… he pulled the death card… this issue had Betsy speaking to Death… this feels a lot like foreshadowing Gambit’s return to his Death persona and powers. To me it kind of makes sense that as that persona still lives within Gambit that it might mean his death in Otherworld doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to suffer the same fate as Gorgon and Rockslide
It is possible but the data page at the end made it seem to me that he is gone. He is making a "selfless" sacrifice. There must be some real cost to it.

Flapflop wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 08:45
das_boot wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 19:57
I have a feeling at the end of the quesf (and this series) all casualties will be anulled
Let's hope Howard is a better writer than that.
Best Comics of Week 25

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Jun 2022, 13:45

Both your theories have some merit…but I think it’ll be an amalgamation of your points.

I think Gambit will return but will be different and it will be related to his death persona…
-Cly

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 23 Jun 2022, 14:48

The Siege is the key to restoring the "true" Gambit persona after he comes back corrupted. Remember that it separated Rogue from her Danvers persona and made Piotr an artist, set Betsy up for her level-up into warrior status, etc.
I really wanna blow your mind
but I haven't got the time.

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 23 Jun 2022, 16:55

I Do agree feel that Gambit will have his Death Persona return however I always wondered are the Horsemen persona's a separate personality or where they "Brainwashed" into serving Apocalypse? Angel/Archangel two beings in one body sort of thing?

The comic was good but still wonder why Arthur is so anti-Mutant and if merlyn is being manipulated or not?

I wonder if any of the 198 Mutants will be about in Mercators dimension?

ultimatekey

Post by ultimatekey » 24 Jun 2022, 03:28

I see that Rictor still has his suicidal tendencies.

Shatterstar was totally checking out Death.

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 24 Jun 2022, 12:55

Bring on the siege perilous

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 24 Jun 2022, 13:01

norwichchris wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 16:55

The comic was good but still wonder why Arthur is so anti-Mutant and if merlyn is being manipulated or not?
That’s possible. But isn’t Merlin usually the one doing the manipulation? I’d expect Roma to say something if she thought he was being corrupted somehow. As for Arthur, no clue. I guess that his son’s power might be stronger than we think; causing the anti-mutant sentiment.
norwichchris wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 16:55

I wonder if any of the 198 Mutants will be about in Mercators dimension?
It will just be Johnny Dee’s now separated conjoined twin.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Jun 2022, 13:10

Arthur’s anti-mutant feelings are on a meta-textual level an allegory for him being homophobic about his son. In-story wise, Modred is always alluded to be the cause of Arthur’s downfall. So his son being different (a mutant) and the reason he dies, kinda creates great kindling for hatred.
-Cly

Cable

Post by Cable » 24 Jun 2022, 13:39

Blackcyclops wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 13:10
Arthur’s anti-mutant feelings are on a meta-textual level an allegory for him being homophobic about his son. In-story wise, Modred is always alluded to be the cause of Arthur’s downfall. So his son being different (a mutant) and the reason he dies, kinda creates great kindling for hatred.
But it is weird for Howard to make this story choice because Mordred has always been shown to be a villainous character. It doesn't have to be that way post-resurrection, without the influence of Morgan Le Fay he has the chance to take a different path, but it does feel like Howard has not at all touched upon this aspect and it makes it seem thematically odd, like while Arthur is obviously wrong for his overall bigotry he does also have a point that isn't addressed about the danger of Mordred.
Best Comics of Week 25

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 24 Jun 2022, 14:52

I don't know much about the Arthurian legend and thus the Arthur/Modred material is lost on me. This series does feel very D&D but I feel like I'd enjoy it more if it went more overt with those references.

The siege perilous definitely seems to be setting up for the fixing of souls resurrected wrong in Otherworld. Thus I have no doubt Gambit will be fine. I sure hope they fix Rockslide as well, Gorgon I can take or leave.
Books to be excited for:
The X-cellent, Immortal X-men, X-men Red, Knights of X, X-men XCII, She-Hulk

clayford

Post by clayford » 24 Jun 2022, 17:59

I’m excited to see that Rachel is being referred to as Askani again and where that might lead. It might be that as Rogue has steadily become more powerful in the last 20 years, Howard wants to also give Remy a bump.
Formerly on here as Cly, but forgot my password...and which email address was associated with the account...