Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Immortal X-Men #3

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Blackcyclops

Immortal X-Men #3

Post by Blackcyclops » 22 Jun 2022, 12:12

Smoking hot!!! Gillen does it again!!! What a time to be a X-fan!

So we get the first inkling from Destiny’s visions that all the futures she sees “end”, not like with her death or anything but with an actual end of that timeline. Which at first she thinks someone is blocking her powers or something else…then finally she sees as far as she can see (btw I need to read a mini about this future with the Gene-Corsairs, the eXpanse, AvX IV, Canticle for Talia and Nimrod Extinction Event). And from the mouth of a still alive Sinister she comes to the conclusion that Sinister has clone Moira!!!
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

das_boot

Re: Immortal X-Men #3

Post by das_boot » 22 Jun 2022, 19:59

This was cool AF. I have no notes
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 22 Jun 2022, 23:36

Sebastian Shaw skin-powered spaceship.

That is all.

Cable

Post by Cable » 23 Jun 2022, 02:27

I don't want to like this series but it can't be helped. Gillen and Werneck made this such a beautiful issue.
Best Comics of Week 25

X-titles: Immortal X-Men #3 by Kieron Gillen (2) and Lucas Werneck (1)
Non-X titles: Amazing Spider-Man #4 by Zeb Wells (3) and John Romita Jr (3)

In parentheses number of times creator had best comic this year

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Jun 2022, 02:56

Cable wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 02:27
I don't want to like this series but it can't be helped. Gillen and Werneck made this such a beautiful issue.
Why don’t you want to like it???

Also, this art was so good in places I thought it was another artist lol
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 23 Jun 2022, 06:11

Blackcyclops wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 02:56
Cable wrote:

Also, this art was so good in places I thought it was another artist lol
You shady bastard ha ha ha
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 23 Jun 2022, 08:50

This was Legendary, this issue belongs to the best X-men issues ever.

So judging the names on the time lines and know what is coming we will follow the path of
Spoiler: show
Judgment Day
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

Cable

Post by Cable » 23 Jun 2022, 11:04

Blackcyclops wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 02:56
Cable wrote:
With Hickman gone I thought we could leave behind many of the dumb ideas he had, but some writers are doubling down on them. I was very turned off the beginning of this series but I can't deny this was a good one.
Best Comics of Week 25

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Jun 2022, 12:18

I always loved the idea of the Quiet Council and wanted it to be elaborated on more…I love palace-intrigue and felt this was the place for it, since the X-Men really don’t have many stories in that vein.
-Cly

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 23 Jun 2022, 12:59

This was absolutely fantastic one of the best of the series, you can show the depth of love between Mystique/Destiny and why she went to so much trouble to get her back and her interaction with Emma and the rest of the Council. Sinister's impersonation of Mystique was hilarious BTW.

I'm interested in the timeline where Exodus creates a Theocractic Mutant empire and hunts down Sinister in a Shaw Genes-Grafted ship (Gross).

The alternate timelines oddly also had a Reign of A and Cassandra superNova event and more AVX stories.

clayford

Post by clayford » 24 Jun 2022, 18:38

Y’all. Best issue of 2022 so far. So it seems that no matter which path is followed, Sinister is always the villain (we all saw that coming). Hopefully, taking down Sinister’s Moira powers will put Raven back in all the futures.
Formerly on here as Cly, but forgot my password...and which email address was associated with the account...

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Jun 2022, 19:47

It isn’t that Sinister is always the villain, it’s that he always resets the timeline. Now if you’ve been reading Strange Academy, you’ll see that one of the students pointed out the hubris in changing time to suit your needs. So in that regard you could see Sinister as always the villain.
-Cly

clayford

Post by clayford » 24 Jun 2022, 20:50

I guess I meant that even if we didn’t follow the path the issue followed to the Expanse, where he’s pretty clearly not on the mutant side, most of the paths still take us to things like The Empire of the Red Diamond before ending. Yes, the end because he resets, but it doesn’t seem like he’s on the mutant side immediately before the reset in many of these paths.
Formerly on here as Cly, but forgot my password...and which email address was associated with the account...

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Jun 2022, 21:31

clayford wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 20:50
I guess I meant that even if we didn’t follow the path the issue followed to the Expanse, where he’s pretty clearly not on the mutant side, most of the paths still take us to things like The Empire of the Red Diamond before ending. Yes, the end because he resets, but it doesn’t seem like he’s on the mutant side immediately before the reset in many of these paths.
Well in some of them we don’t really get to see or get any good hints so it’s hard to tell too.
-Cly

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 25 Jun 2022, 00:11

So, in those past lives, Moira never came across a version of Sinister who tried to clone her?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 25 Jun 2022, 00:17

Holland Oates wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 00:11
So, in those past lives, Moira never came across a version of Sinister who tried to clone her?

I guess not? Maybe in 10 lives he never figured it out, idk…tweet at Hickman lol
-Cly

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 25 Jun 2022, 00:18

Must be because Emma, in her wisdom, decided that there should be no secrets.

clayford

Post by clayford » 25 Jun 2022, 01:00

Holland Oates wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 00:18
Or because Xavier and Magneto invited Sinister to be part of Krakoa even though Moira explicitly told them not to. Can’t really blame Emma for this one, it’s because this is the one timeline where Sinister is close to Moira, because of Charles and Erik.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 25 Jun 2022, 02:38

He just likes blaming Emma…don’t mind him lol
-Cly

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 25 Jun 2022, 04:15

Holland Oates wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 00:11
Life 1 - doesn't know she's a mutant
Life 2 - dies in a plane crash going to see Xavier at age 44
Life 3 - killed by Destiny and Mystique at her lab
Life 4 - marries Xavier and forms school with him, killed by Sentinels at age 55 (this timeline at least progresses as far as Phoenix Five)
Life 5 - marries Xavier early, forms secret hidden army, killed by Sentinels
Life 6 - lives 1000 years, kept in the Preserve
Life 7 - kills all the Trasks, killed by Sentinels anyways
Life 8 - joins with Magneto, they're defeated by heroes (likely early in X-Men's history given the uniforms)
Life 9 - joins with Apocalypse at age 18, kills Xavier and Mag by age 20, rescues Amenth at age 24, enslaves Sinister at age 35
Life 10 - current

So in Lives 1-3, it's almost certain Sinister never even knows she's a mutant. In the other lives, it's possible he finds out, but really depends on how public she is and whether her identity is known. Life 5 and 8 seem relatively short, Life 7 seems pretty under-the-radar (Sinister might not even know she exists). Life 9, could well have enslaved Sinister before he had the chance, and kept him from doing so. Life 4 and 6 are the only ones that would seem likely he would know she's a mutant and have the chance, and it's easy enough to imagine that he himself gets taken out early, or just never pieces it together, etc.

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 26 Jun 2022, 01:17

clayford wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 01:00
Holland Oates wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 00:18
Or because Xavier and Magneto invited Sinister to be part of Krakoa even though Moira explicitly told them not to. Can’t really blame Emma for this one, it’s because this is the one timeline where Sinister is close to Moira, because of Charles and Erik.
They literally needed him for this Krakoa experiment to work. And others have pointed towards X-Men Legends #10 to clear Emma of culpability. So I too will use that to clear Magneto and Professor X of responsibility.

Cable

Post by Cable » 27 Jun 2022, 02:29

The real reason Destiny is crying at the end is because she sees the inevitable future is from the Bendis run where Mystique and Xavier get married and have babies.
Best Comics of Week 25

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 27 Jun 2022, 04:10

Cable wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 02:29
The real reason Destiny is crying at the end is because she sees the inevitable future is from the Bendis run where Mystique and Xavier get married and have babies.
Or.....Wolverine/Mystique = RAZE!!!

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 27 Jun 2022, 04:17

Cable wrote:
Ewww
-Cly

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 27 Jun 2022, 04:28

Cable wrote:
:lol:

"Mystique's not in any of them. No, not that blue woman who birthed Raze and Chuck II. The real Mystique would never do such a thing. Clearly a Skrull imposter."