Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X Deaths of Wolverine #1

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Flapflop

X Deaths of Wolverine #1

Post by Flapflop » 26 Jan 2022, 10:31

Im torned. This one on one side is a sad direction they take, thought at the other side its still intriguing and eXiting to see what comes neXt.

But i can't stop the feeling its just too soon and harsh after Hickman's brilliant ideas to
Spoiler: show
make Moira basically a "dead woman walking" with apparantly no chance at all, even though she gets some help from Valkyrie. And reading that famous story on a data page about the guy who is scared by Death to flee to just meet hem elsewhere, it doesn't look good because they probably want to follow that storyline for her now. Hunted by Mystique (who basically ofcourse risks rule kill no human anyway), hunted by the CIA and hunted by a Phalanx Wolverine (or does he has to protect her?) all while having cancer (maybe even given to her by Krakoa). The diffrence between saviour and hero then and now villain or at least anti-hero and her life forfeited feels too quick and harsh. But we have to deal with it now so lets try to enjoy it.
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

Blackcyclops

Re: X Deaths of Wolverine #1

Post by Blackcyclops » 26 Jan 2022, 13:46

*Sigh*

Well I appreciated that we get follow-up but I am curious about this new Wolverine. And I can see what pulls others into the conflict. I wonder if he is a Phalanx infected Logan or an Omega Red infected one…and why hunt Moira? This is a good mystery…
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 26 Jan 2022, 18:53

I’m not sure how I felt about this either.
This was a VERY quick turn around from making Moira a slightly sinister MWAH HA HA HA HA villain, to sympathetic. I get that this is something we should expect of nuanced characters but this really does feel a bit like whiplash here.

I dunno. It feels a bit like overkill having the CIA, Mystique and potentially phalanxerine chasing her while she has cancer. The hair dye scene put me in the mind of the first episode of Alias, with the hair dyeing in a bathroom like that’s ANY way to get a consistent or decent colour coverage but whatever. I liked the art. It was very pretty and the action scenes were very fluid especially (I thought).
I’m not sure I’m sold on this particular part of the story yet, but let’s see how it goes
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 26 Jan 2022, 18:56

Blackcyclops wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 13:46
*Sigh*

Well I appreciated that we get follow-up but I am curious about this new Wolverine. And I can see what pulls others into the conflict. I wonder if he is a Phalanx infected Logan or an Omega Red infected one…and why hunt Moira? This is a good mystery…
Destiny fortels in a data page
Moira must still be stopped
and it is probably worth to end in the pit for.

Its indeed still a mystery what is going on exactly and how the two series connect. Just feel sorry for
Moira, i still hope she survives this event, also from the cancer, and we haven't seen the last of her yet.
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 26 Jan 2022, 19:00

I agree about that turnaround, even if really Moira’s entire turn under Hickman has been pretty fast…I guess it sets her back to how we viewed her before Inferno but after HoX/PoX. So still within Hickman’s-verse…

Funny that now this series made you feel sorry for her, whereS before it was not warm and fuzzies toward her lol

@Flap: I read the datapage but that would assume Destiny sent the Phalanxverine
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 26 Jan 2022, 22:42

Blackcyclops wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 19:00

Funny that now this series made you feel sorry for her, whereS before it was not warm and fuzzies toward her lol
Im sorry for her because i don't want her to be killed of this quickly (and almost lame, either die from the cancer or someone who is after you) after Hickman's run.
Blackcyclops wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 19:00

@Flap: I read the datapage but that would assume Destiny sent the Phalanxverine
Or is this a case of we know that they know we know that they know.

What Phalanxverine's mission is not 100% sure yet though it has to be something to do with Moira i guess from whats happening this issue. Can also be that he has to save her from Mystique and/or CIA or someone else.

Criticalfan

Post by Criticalfan » 27 Jan 2022, 02:27

Lol Doug: "Mystique, bad girl, no killing Moira like that. Be a good sport and give her a five seconds head start."

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 27 Jan 2022, 11:06

Criticalfan wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 02:27
Lol Doug: "Mystique, bad girl, no killing Moira like that. Be a good sport and give her a five seconds head start."
"And i even give her cancer so it will be easier"

But this joking is why i am torned about the whole situation. You first let Moira go, because we can't kill humans, but then you go immediatly after her anyway plus make her sick. Its to quick a turnaround making that whole scene of let her go in Inferno les poignant.

If the plan is/was to kill her (quickly) anyway, just let it happen in Inferno itself.

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 27 Jan 2022, 14:35

I Don't think she will be killed of in this series but return at a later date cured of her Cancer but I'm confused as I assumed Mutants couldn't get Cancer they were immune? seems a bit odd to allow her to escape only to hunt and kill her later on? could it be that they first want her to lead them to a secret she is hiding or Labs with the Mutant cure?

Her only chance is to go with the CIA as they can protect her more successfully than if she is on her own.

Mystique got to her way too quickly as well...

Usernamenotimportant

Post by Usernamenotimportant » 27 Jan 2022, 15:53

Nothing ever indicated mutants are immune to cancer, except for the ones with healing factors.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 27 Jan 2022, 16:20

Why do you guys think Doug gave her cancer?

Krakoa might have…but Doug?

Inferno literally ended with Moira on the run, of course Mystique was going to hunt her down. She said as much in Inferno.

@Flap: So it’s the cancer that’s the problem? I mean we knew she was going to be on the run, the cancer is the only new component. Just seems really odd because when the story ended, there was this criticism about story beats left undone and all that. But now that it’s actually being followed up on there’s a complaint about that too. Which is it?

Like if the story isn’t good in quality, that’s one thing but I’m not sure that them tackling it now somehow changes what happened before.
-Cly

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 27 Jan 2022, 16:53

norwichchris wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 14:35
I Don't think she will be killed of in this series but return at a later date cured of her Cancer but I'm confused as I assumed Mutants couldn't get Cancer they were immune? seems a bit odd to allow her to escape only to hunt and kill her later on? could it be that they first want her to lead them to a secret she is hiding or Labs with the Mutant cure?

Her only chance is to go with the CIA as they can protect her more successfully than if she is on her own.

Mystique got to her way too quickly as well...
You’re thinking of HIV/AIDS. There was a terrible run where Paige stated that mutants couldn’t contract HIV.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 27 Jan 2022, 17:10

I don't advocate for anyone getting HIV, but a mutant needs to get it just to undo that dumb idea. Then have one of the fifty healers cure it.

Paige: I thought we couldn't get HIV?
Everyone: Who the f*ck said that and why?
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 27 Jan 2022, 18:18

tokenBG1009 wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 17:10
I don't advocate for anyone getting HIV, but a mutant needs to get it just to undo that dumb idea. Then have one of the fifty healers cure it.

Paige: I thought we couldn't get HIV?
Everyone: Who the f*ck said that and why?
TECHNICALLY, unless it’s an immunity that only exists after X-Gene activation, we know it’s been softly retconned after Trial of Magneto
Northstar’s adopted daughter who died of HIV/AID/ complications would have been a mutant and after Wanda created the Orchard thingy, she’s now able to be resurrected— which means either that HORRIBLE idea has just been retconned forever or they’re just able to edit it out of them per the resurrection protocols OR as mentioned, immunity kicks in with X-gene expression.

clayford

Post by clayford » 28 Jan 2022, 00:11

I love a good Jane Foster cameo. Agent Ramirez and the X-Desk are actually some of my favorite things to come out of the Krakoa era, so it's nice to see them here.

I know some people are saying that this is too soon, but all of this launching right out of the last issue of Inferno is giving my brain a pleasant adrenaline rush in the same way a John Wick movie does.
Formerly on here as Cly, but forgot my password...and which email address was associated with the account...

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 Jan 2022, 02:01

Second time Jane’s been mutant-adjacent (actually 3rd?)
-Cly

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 28 Jan 2022, 10:34

Blackcyclops wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 16:20
@Flap: So it’s the cancer that’s the problem? I mean we knew she was going to be on the run, the cancer is the only new component. Just seems really odd because when the story ended, there was this criticism about story beats left undone and all that. But now that it’s actually being followed up on there’s a complaint about that too. Which is it?

Like if the story isn’t good in quality, that’s one thing but I’m not sure that them tackling it now somehow changes what happened before.
It all depends of where this wil go from now on, so ill stop judging until the end. If Moira dies already in this event I think its to soon and a waste of possibilities and of what came before. If she survives this story and will be a menance for later i don't mind that they already picked her story up.

clayford

Post by clayford » 29 Jan 2022, 02:01

People on the Cerebro Discord are saying that it was spelled out in X-Force that the No Place was cancerous and is what gave her cancer. Have I missed something?
Formerly on here as Cly, but forgot my password...and which email address was associated with the account...

Cable

Post by Cable » 29 Jan 2022, 22:43

This is definitely better than X Lives of Wolverine. That one I am not very excited to see how it turns out but I will admit Percy has me hooked me with this opening issue. I wonder if the books combine on a level other than just thematic.
Best Comics of Week 18

X-titles: Marauders #2 by Steve Orlando (1) and Eleonora Carlini (1)
Non-X titles: Ben Reilly Spider-Man #4 by J.M. DeMatteis (1) and David Baldeon (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic this year

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 30 Jan 2022, 10:32

clayford wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 02:01
People on the Cerebro Discord are saying that it was spelled out in X-Force that the No Place was cancerous and is what gave her cancer. Have I missed something?
I think the No Places were referred to as “Krakoan tumours”

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 02 Feb 2022, 13:44

I thought the X-Gene made you immune to most human illnessess?
Then it occured to me Deadpool has cancer and he is a Mutant with a healing factor.

So let me get this straight Moira was living in a place that gave her Cancer? So logically both Xavier/Magneto would be exposed also?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 02 Feb 2022, 13:52

Deadpool isn’t a mutant
-Cly

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 02 Feb 2022, 19:24

norwichchris wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 13:44
I thought the X-Gene made you immune to most human illnessess?
Then it occured to me Deadpool has cancer and he is a Mutant with a healing factor.

So let me get this straight Moira was living in a place that gave her Cancer? So logically both Xavier/Magneto would be exposed also?
Didn't Chris Bradley have AIDS (and then morph into Maverick somehow)?

Bigstever

Post by Bigstever » 04 Feb 2022, 05:46

Chris Bradley had the Legacy Virus.
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."
-Lloyd Alexander

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 05 Feb 2022, 01:58

Maverick was presumed missing/dead and Chris took the Maverick name in his honor.
I really wanna blow your mind
but I haven't got the time.