Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

New Mutants #21

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
tokenBG1009

Re: New Mutants #21

Post by tokenBG1009 » 03 Sep 2021, 13:15

I feel like the current era of the X-Men is the perfect plate to introduce more LGBTQ+ rep in with established characters. If we can have Scott/Jean/Logan as a poly relationship then there's no reason to think others may not explore their sexuality (or lack thereof) more. I'd much prefer Dani or Warren come out as bisexual than introduce a new bisexual character that will become wallpaper after their creator leaves the book.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 03 Sep 2021, 19:29

@Cable— dunno whether it’s just me over thinking, but my previous post directed at you read a lot more accusatory than I intended (the actual amount of accusation intended was zero), so apologies if you took it that way
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

Cable

Post by Cable » 04 Sep 2021, 02:50

das_boot wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 19:29
@Cable— dunno whether it’s just me over thinking, but my previous post directed at you read a lot more accusatory than I intended (the actual amount of accusation intended was zero), so apologies if you took it that way
Thank you for the apology, it did feel like some were lumping me in with troglodytes. But your clarification post was eloquently stated.
Best Comics of Week 36

X-titles: X-Force #23 by Benjamin Percy (6) and Martin Coccolo (1)
Non-X titles: Defenders #2 by Al Ewing (7) and Javier Rodriguez (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic this year

Jindianajonz

Post by Jindianajonz » 04 Sep 2021, 04:50

Cable: I can see where you are coming from, but speaking for myself I'm excited for these new characters. For me, character bloat has always worked out great for this franchise- the last couple times we saw mass introductions such as this were in Weir/DeFilipis' Academy X and before that Morrison's New X-men. Both featured an astounding large background cast with seemingly little to do, but over time writers picked up and developed their favorites to great success. I think Ayala is similarly laying the foundations for the future, and even if it seems bloated right now, we're only 5 issues into their run. I'm hopeful that given time one or two of these characters can become the next Pixie or Anole or Mercury.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Sep 2021, 18:26

Jason Aaron introduced some characters that have stuck around as well, Eye Boy being the biggest one. There always seems to be one or two in a generation of newbies that manage to "last" for lack of a better term.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 08 Sep 2021, 20:52

Personally not very excited by the brand new characters as they will likely be used for a senseless massacre somewhere down the line as they have all the older established characters to fall back on who will probably all survive. True glad we get to focus on them so maybe will be proved wrong.

What wonder will they do with Farouk in the end?

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 08 Sep 2021, 23:51

norwichchris wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 20:52
Personally not very excited by the brand new characters as they will likely be used for a senseless massacre somewhere down the line as they have all the older established characters to fall back on who will probably all survive. True glad we get to focus on them so maybe will be proved wrong.

They'll make a new law that allows them to put him in the pit with Sabretooth.

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 08 Sep 2021, 23:58

*kanye-grabs the mic* new characters are fine and all. Still waiting for physical evidence of Lazaro Kotikash being on the island. His exclusion while the likes of Eye Boy and Glob Herman become overexposed is cruel. they made an offhanded remark about all of the students being back. But it's suspect. Because they clearly wouldn't be able to resurrect Preview. And her sister would be stalking the council because of it. Anyways, I really like the art in this book if not the designs of the new characters. Cosmar is cool though.

SMidnite

Post by SMidnite » 09 Sep 2021, 00:40

norwichchris wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 20:52

Kill him, and rezz him as a teen without SK's influence?

As for the newbies, I think of them in the same light as Grey's Anatomy and Bones interns over the years, most fade away, but the good ones stick.

Only problem is the differing opinions as to who the "good" ones are.

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 13 Sep 2021, 21:20

Impossible he is to corrupted they will either put him in the hole with Sabretooth or but him behind in the resurrection queue after everyone else.