Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

F4/XM #4

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
User avatar
Lavettye
Posts: 1083
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 18:33
Location: Germany

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by Lavettye » 24 Jul 2020, 20:03

norwichchris wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 19:27
Theoretically it could remove genes entirely however I don't think Reed would ever consider actually doing this. Accept he is trying to protect mutants but to my knowledge the FF have never threatened mutant kind at all.
It wasn't about Reed using it this way. He wouldn't. But if the technology exists, someone else might use it for this purpose. The FF's headquarters have been broken into before, someone could steal the plans or just buy the patent if the FF were to go bankrupt again. Reed's a typical scientist - he is curious about many things and invents things either because they are needed or just to prove that he can.... and he sometimes fails to think ethically and morally what his inventions could be used for. However, Reed's been in the game long enough and he should know better - that's why Xavier is angry with him. Reed's thoughtlessness could have resulted in all mutant genes being eradicated.

And it wouldn't even have needed to stop there. If that CodeX device could identify and replace X-genes, it might also have been used for other gene alterations, like a white supremasist could have tried to use this device to replace all gene sequences causing darker skin tones with Caucasian ones.
[PL_2.0]

User avatar
EphemeristX
Posts: 5290
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 16:50
Contact:

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by EphemeristX » 24 Jul 2020, 20:08

Fenix wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 18:25
EphemeristX wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 15:41
Unless her newfound powers are the reason why she might live.

Joking aside, 616 Kate phases her molecules between the molecules around her. Ultimate Kitty actually could control the density of her body a la Vision. The two versions of her powers appear similar superficially but are different.
You are right but you are wrong.
Ultimate Kitty started exactly the same as our Kitty, and unless Im wrong she (her teen version) never learned how to alter her density beyond becoming intangible.
Nope. Ultimate Kitty was using her hard phase power in Ultimate Spider-Man vol 2 (the one with Iceman and Human Torch living at his house). She specifically uses it in issue 10. I just checked.

Doom made her "heavier than stone", aka hyper dense. Which is exactly what Ultimate Kitty learned to do with her powers.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

User avatar
norwichchris
Posts: 318
Joined: 22 Dec 2019, 18:40

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by norwichchris » 24 Jul 2020, 21:51

Does anyone think it is a possibility this is the Kitty from the ultimate universe who somehow traded places and had her memory altered when the Secret-Wars incursion ended?

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6040
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by tokenBG1009 » 25 Jul 2020, 03:06

No, that's a little too weird even for X-Men.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
norwichchris
Posts: 318
Joined: 22 Dec 2019, 18:40

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by norwichchris » 25 Jul 2020, 20:17

Well we did have Old-Man Logan for some reason so its not too weird...

User avatar
Aeon
Posts: 1018
Joined: 30 Apr 2019, 12:05

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by Aeon » 25 Jul 2020, 20:24

Well, every franchise needs its pullhorse.

Avengers has Iron Man, X-Men have Wolverine.

User avatar
Quick and Dead
Posts: 2163
Joined: 12 Feb 2009, 19:34
Location: New York City

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by Quick and Dead » 25 Jul 2020, 21:58

ORCHIS literally created the Mother Mold station using Tony Stark's old designs so I totally get Xavier's reasoning here. Reed has gone unchecked for too long.

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 20510
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by Blackcyclops » 25 Jul 2020, 22:47

Quick and Dead wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 21:58
ORCHIS literally created the Mother Mold station using Tony Stark's old designs so I totally get Xavier's reasoning here. Reed has gone unchecked for too long.

Wasn’t it the same Sentinel designs that Stark made because Red Skull was subtly nudging him to make them back when he has Xavier’s brain?
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

User avatar
Quick and Dead
Posts: 2163
Joined: 12 Feb 2009, 19:34
Location: New York City

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by Quick and Dead » 25 Jul 2020, 23:15

I was talking more about Sol's Hammer which ORCHIS is now using as their main base. There was that whole data page in HoX #1 about how Reed and Tony's inventions fall into the wrong hands when the two of them go missing or die.

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 20510
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by Blackcyclops » 25 Jul 2020, 23:54

Quick and Dead wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 23:15
I was talking more about Sol's Hammer which ORCHIS is now using as their main base. There was that whole data page in HoX #1 about how Reed and Tony's inventions fall into the wrong hands when the two of them go missing or die.

No I was asking if the tech ORCHIS used was specifically from that moment...
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

User avatar
Quick and Dead
Posts: 2163
Joined: 12 Feb 2009, 19:34
Location: New York City

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by Quick and Dead » 26 Jul 2020, 01:49

I don’t believe so. Sol’s Hammer was something Tony created during Hickman’s Avengers run.

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 20510
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by Blackcyclops » 26 Jul 2020, 01:51

Quick and Dead wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 01:49
I don’t believe so. Sol’s Hammer was something Tony created during Hickman’s Avengers run.
Oh yeah duh BC!

I was trying to connect disparate things for no reason lol
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

User avatar
Wings
Posts: 1467
Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 14:42

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by Wings » 26 Jul 2020, 11:58

Yeah and Reed has had to sell off a lot of his patents on several occasions just in order to keep the Fantastic Four financially afloat.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

User avatar
norwichchris
Posts: 318
Joined: 22 Dec 2019, 18:40

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by norwichchris » 29 Jul 2020, 19:15

After reading it again and looking back over previous runs of X-men have to admit Xavier was right...

What does everyone feel about Dooms dialog with everyone. It does seem like he is planning a war with Krakoa

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6040
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by tokenBG1009 » 30 Jul 2020, 19:56

Wait, I always thought Kitty's powers were 100% density manipulation in the same vein as the Vision, but she simply never used them to increase her density. Isn't that the entire reason she can Skywalk?

Went to check the MPD and it turns out everyone else is right. It's even specifically mentioned she isn't like Vision.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
EphemeristX
Posts: 5290
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 16:50
Contact:

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by EphemeristX » 01 Aug 2020, 02:46

Doom was certainly baiting them for sure. He wanted conflict from the start.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

User avatar
norwichchris
Posts: 318
Joined: 22 Dec 2019, 18:40

Re: F4/XM #4

Post by norwichchris » 01 Aug 2020, 13:21

I like what Doom said to Valeria in that Nature gave humanity mutants so they could adapt to and overcome them via technological progression which fits in nicely with the AI dominated future timelines and post-humans.

Post Reply