Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marauders #10

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
norwichchris

Re: Marauders #10

Post by norwichchris » 29 May 2020, 16:30

I just read this issue and actually really enjoyed it felt like an old school X-men Comic. The other telepath's did hear what Magneto said but likely chose to ignore it.

The Issue of Kitty not being able to resurrect is very interesting as no other mutant known seems to have this problem. Her knowledge of Destinies Diaries would not matter as they could erase her memories or put up more blocks.

I too believe that Emma will use the gun on Shaw at some point, once she is fully convinced he was the one responsible for Kitty's death. Does she know yet or not?

elixir86

Post by elixir86 » 30 May 2020, 17:02

Maybe they'll use it to bring Kitty back.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 31 May 2020, 17:53

I'm not sure how qualified I am to talk on the Emma scene, but...damn. It reminded me of the scene from Game of Thrones were one of the Sand Snakes seduces Bronn to cause his heart rate to increase. Sexuality as a weapon is, and has been, extremely interesting to me. I always wish we could see it from men more because it sometimes feels cheap if you only see women doing it, but I love it as a concept. It really digs deep at the core human trait of reproduction/sexuality. In my view, while Emma IS strong enough to manipulate these men without using her sexuality I think one of the reason she's one of the most powerful telepaths in the world is because of how she uses it.

This is all to say I appreciate the scene so much, but I can also understand why it could be seen as cheap.

The rest of the issue was the same Marauders I love. I was getting concerned that they WOULD kill everyone on board after Magneto suggested it, but I'm mostly okay with how it was handled. It's very much a "do evil things for good reasons" but that's the X-Men now so I'm not surprised anymore. There will be a vocal audience of comic fans screaming about how fucked up the whole thing was though.

Bishop is hot. Like, damn.

The issue had so much in it I honestly had forgotten about Kate's ordeal until the Five showed up. I don't know if I enjoyed everything so much or it's the time it's taken to get to this issue, but I honestly don't care if she's returned anymore? Maybe that will change with time again.

Seeing the April dates makes me remember how long we've been without comics. Also, CotA is a Red issue. It's been a while since we saw that.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Cable

Post by Cable » 01 Jun 2020, 00:36

Any problems I have with this issue are eclipsed by the joy of having some new X-Men comics.

The resurrection feature of Krakoa cheapens deaths in the comics imo...except it heightens the one that CAN'T come back. It makes Kitty's death all the more significant. It was bold of the writers to write her out after initially seeming to set up such an important role for her, but she could also become a significant martyr figure in the "lore" of Krakoa.
Best Comics of Week 28

Best X-Comic: X-Force #10 by Benjamin Percy (1) and Joshua Cassara (1)
Best Non-X Comic: Dr. Strange #5 by Mark Waid (1) and Kev Walker (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic of the week this year

znop

Post by znop » 02 Jun 2020, 10:16

What ever did poor Kitty ever do to Krakoa?

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 02 Jun 2020, 16:58

Cable wrote:
01 Jun 2020, 00:36
Any problems I have with this issue are eclipsed by the joy of having some new X-Men comics.

The resurrection feature of Krakoa cheapens deaths in the comics imo...except it heightens the one that CAN'T come back. It makes Kitty's death all the more significant. It was bold of the writers to write her out after initially seeming to set up such an important role for her, but she could also become a significant martyr figure in the "lore" of Krakoa.
I completely agree with you on this, the issues are almost pointless you know they will get resurrected hope there is a point to this in the future. Strongly suspect she will return at some point later on maybe a year or two from now.

Of all of the characters she was the one was most surprised was so onboard with Krakoa. She was running the school even and had her own X-men team.

Hope it is not revealed she is not a mutant

Cable

Post by Cable » 02 Jun 2020, 17:07

They have made it clear the resurrection process can't be done on Kitty. She isn't coming back. There simply is no way for it to happen. There are fans who might want her back but they need to accept she is gone. We still have lots of good stories from the past featuring Kitty to remember and enjoy.

One thing in this issue I will say I don't like: the casual mindwipes. There are old examples of Xavier doing this but it is one of those things that needs to be avoided because it requires too much suspension of disbelief. Why not go find Norman Osborn and make him into a happy guy? Why not go get Red Skull and purge him of bad thoughts? You can use comic booky explanations like 'mental resistance' but the easier path is to just say the heroes won't do it.
Best Comics of Week 28

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 02 Jun 2020, 17:55

I still think she's coming back. Like, the reason five can't bring her back is that somehow she's not actually gone. Or something.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 02 Jun 2020, 20:19

I believe it's actually central to the plot of the book, Emma will get Kitty back, there is no way her seat in the Council table is vacant for long.

Notice how this is the first time Kitty Peude has died, and she is a major X-Men, without a funeral issue like we usually get, like with Logan and Kurt. Given that she died in issue 6, my guess is by the end of the third trade, around issue 18, she would return.

(Unless we get a funeral issue soon, if that's the case then, yeah, two years at least)
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 03 Jun 2020, 14:34

Spoilers for previews/solicits
Spoiler: show
I believe next issue is the funeral issue.
I still think she comes back relatively soon (as in, within this plot line, not to actually kill her off knowing she'll come back eventually like Wolverine or Cyclops). I think the mystery of everything is just too large and demands being solved - can't see it only being set up just to allow for one death.

(I think Cable is being sarcastic but I'm not 100% sure)
Last edited by Magnus on 03 Jun 2020, 21:19, edited 2 times in total.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 03 Jun 2020, 15:41

Magnus wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 14:34
Your first line is a spoiler for someone who steers away from previews and solicits, so you'd better hide it with spoiler tags.

I had the same thought about responding, but chose not to as you can't not share that particular info without spioiling it.
[PL_2.0]

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 03 Jun 2020, 16:21

Yeah, i see what you mean, maybe there will be a funeral soon.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 03 Jun 2020, 21:19

Lavettye wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 15:41
Your first line is a spoiler for someone who steers away from previews and solicits, so you'd better hide it with spoiler tags.

I had the same thought about responding, but chose not to as you can't not share that particular info without spioiling it.
Yeah you're right, I thought about it and chose not to, but should've leaned towards being cautious.

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 05 Jun 2020, 11:19

Well, Hickman and the resurrection protocols establish how, commonly, characters are being brought back from dead.

However this is a larger Marvel Universe and there is a massive amount of X-Men lore in regards of cloning and resurrections so lets have a quick recap:

1. Mr Sinister has been consistently cloning Marauders for years, some of them are nearly perfect copies. Other are faulty. I would say that, while Sinister do have some tech to implant memories into his clones, he never had several omega telepaths available around to "perfect" the memory/data transfer.
2. Xavier still have Kitty in his Krakoa database, so she is actually in the system no matter if The Five resurrection process is failing.
3. Xavier himself was cloned and "resurrected" at least once or twice prior to Krakoa. When the Brood infected him he physically died even if the Shiar transfered his mind to a new clone, able to walk. So the Shiar (and then very likely the Xmen nowadays) did have this kind of tech making possible the whole cloning and mind transfering process.
4. Elixir. Sorry but I dont really want to push it BUT... Elixir is an omega level healer, even able to resurrect people on his own. Its cool Hickman came with the whole "The Five" and its protocols but Elixir is suposed to be able to do this, he resurrected Magneto 5 minutes ago in example. Im not talking about the physical toll but he should be able to regenerate Kitty's body, right?
5. Jamie Braddock. He has resurrected Betsy, at least, once. He is back, in OtherWorld, working alongside Apocalypse and Excalibur so...
6. Normal cloning. Ignoring the fact Mr Sinister lives in Krakoa, there are several clones in the MU and cloning technology starting from Phantomex (he cloned himself, Evan/Genesis...), moving around Kaine/Scarlet Spiderman/Ben Reilly and probably other sources...

So in the current context the question is not if Kitty is going to be resurrected but how/when.
It is hard or nearly impossible for Hickman or Duggan to justify NOT resurrecting her.

On the other hand I keep thinking our Kitty needs an upgrade, urgently.
I remember her Ultimate version (or at least her future self) was able to change her density from ghost-like to rock-hard, similarly to Vision, gaining superstrenght and superhuman durability when in supersolid state.
Maybe this is the right time to upgrade her and make her a powerhouse.
Also... can anyone get her a proper updated shadowcat costume? Its quite sad she is still locked in her basic xmen costume after 40 years.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 05 Jun 2020, 14:52

Elixir can resurrect the recently deceased, but I don't think he can create new bodies from scratch when a person dies somewhere else.

Cloning like you're talking about already exists in the real world. While they are 'copies', they are still essentially a new being. Nature vs nurture and all that.

Cable

Post by Cable » 05 Jun 2020, 15:04

There are different stages of grief. One of them is denial; we don't want to believe that somebody could really be gone. In time, each at their own pace, people eventually move into acceptance. Like I said, Kitty being gone doesn't invalidate the many good stories from the past we have with her!
Best Comics of Week 28

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 07 Jun 2020, 10:47

EphemeristX wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 14:52
Elixir can resurrect the recently deceased, but I don't think he can create new bodies from scratch when a person dies somewhere else.

Cloning like you're talking about already exists in the real world. While they are 'copies', they are still essentially a new being. Nature vs nurture and all that.
Im not so sure about it, in Uncanny X-Men vol4, Elixir was out of control and resurrecting several people, probably as zombies or something like that but it means he was able to reanimate bodies somehow, so focusing in one person to reanimate and rearrange the body to be "new" doesnt sound crazy.
What i mean is it is up to the writers to limit and establish what he really can or cant do, so far it is quite in the air.

roguenation

Post by roguenation » 23 Jun 2020, 01:34

So I think here, we have the easiest explanation makes the most sense here:
.This is a long game set up. By Emma. Stay with me here, and patience please, I am not researching here, just recalling.
Emma has known the Krakoa plan for longer than almost anyone outside of Moira, Magneto, and Charles. Why? Bc they needed her to run the global Krakoa business, but they were also insistent on including Shaw too for the blackmarket. Emma said something I think to say, they will regret it. Between then and offering Kate the Red Queen/King job, she had plenty of time to figure out how to set up Shaw. And she did. She cast her characters, and placed her moves to set the pieces up so Shaw takes the bait. Most important piece, was the gun, which I am sure she used with constent (.....?) on Kate, after sharing the plan.
So WHY cant Kate be revived? Because she's alive.

Also, this is how Emma gets Shaw banish like Sabes.
And if someone else said this before. My bad. I thought I was original for once.
Last edited by roguenation on 23 Jun 2020, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

roguenation

Post by roguenation » 23 Jun 2020, 01:42

Ok. I just thought of a hole in my theory:
But how is Kate using her powers and still not able to use the portals? Emma used the mutant inhibit gun on Kate once, so that when she walked into the gate there would be a very obvious reaction to Kate trying to walk through the gate. Begin there was a way to correct it effects. Then Emma has placed a subconcious suggestion to her that she will not allow herself to be able to walk through. And I think we have proof of this in X-Factor where Forge tells Domino, if there is no partner gate, when you walk through one gate, youll just walk through it, But when Kate tries, she breaks her nose. Why a different reaction, and wouldnt humans trying to get in have hurt faces all over the world? .
Also, I think so MANY< MANY< MANY< MANY, times,
Marvel hinted at something, ala a secret non-mutant X-Man and nothing ever comes from it.
A big stretch but im flying high tonight, and ive read worst plot twists in x-men.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 23 Jun 2020, 06:38

There is a problem with Kate being the non-mutant. Rasputin of the future X-Men has Pryde genes in her DNA structure. That's a pretty clear indicator that Kate is a mutant after all.

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 24 Jun 2020, 14:07

EphemeristX wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 06:38
There is a problem with Kate being the non-mutant. Rasputin of the future X-Men has Pryde genes in her DNA structure. That's a pretty clear indicator that Kate is a mutant after all.
Thats a good catch!

However
the same way Sinister made himself mutant this could be applied to Kitty, if needed.
Im not saying that Kitty is not a mutant, just that they could use this to explain how she becomes mutant if she wasnt and how Rasputin had her genes.
Anyway, it would be pretty stupid if they decide to do such a thing, why would you retcon Kitty as a fake mutant just in time to make her a real mutant? Absolutely unnecessary.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 24 Jun 2020, 17:54

Sinister made himself a mutant by using Thunderbird's genes, though. There wouldn't be Pryde mutant genetic material to splice; if he did that to Kate, whatever he used should be what is listed.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 24 Jun 2020, 19:30

Or....
Rasputin is based on the real Kitty Pryde's genes, and the one we have been seen since the Neo arc was an imposter ?

I don't think that's the case, just playing devil's advocate here.
[PL_2.0]

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 24 Jun 2020, 19:37

Maybe Krakoa just doesn’t like her.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 24 Jun 2020, 21:13

I'm pretty sure it was stated in an interview that the gates just don't react well to her phasing powers.