Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-Men Red #10

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Blackcyclops

X-Men Red #10

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Nov 2018, 17:31

I just like how efficient the X-Men are here with this type of threat...and I always love a superhero team (and splash page). Idk I still really like this book. For the first time I’m a Jean Grey fan...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

InsipidLust

Re: X-Men Red #10

Post by InsipidLust » 07 Nov 2018, 19:55

This is a very solid story and in some ways it's pretty epic. Can't wait to read it as a collection.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 08 Nov 2018, 01:05

Someone remind me to complain the next time the X-Men fight a telepathic enemy and forget all about all the Magneto helmets they ordered this issue.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 08 Nov 2018, 11:06

Magnus wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 01:05
Someone remind me to complain the next time the X-Men fight a telepathic enemy and forget all about all the Magneto helmets they ordered this issue.
I’ll remind you this time next week.

This was really great. There’s a lot here that I feel is very much building Jean’s vision for the X-Men as the cohesive one that will stick post Extermination, and she’s Devi Italy building herself up to be a post-modern Xavier. After the last few years of GRIMDARK SURVIVAL ONLY X-Men stories, this is where I really feel that the franchise has a new lease of life.

Also Tom Taylor is HOT and loves me on Twitter
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 08 Nov 2018, 11:21

das_boot wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 11:06

Also Tom Taylor is HOT and loves me on Twitter
Proof, or it didtn happen :mrgreen:

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 08 Nov 2018, 11:24

Magnus wrote:
maybe those helmets are made out of an unique metal or mutated coral that only exists under water and no one knew about it :shock:

Wings

Post by Wings » 08 Nov 2018, 12:20

Magnus wrote:
Creating thousands upon thousands of telepathy helmets totally is going to backfire on the X-Men in the future, no siree.

I enjoyed this issue, but I didn't really enjoy having the Avengers get involved. On the one hand I get it (support of Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the stamp of approval of the superhuman community at large, yadda, yadda, yadda), on the other hand, I would have preferred to have seen this team taking the final fight to Cassandra alone. There's been times that i've felt like the team hasn't coalesced as a full unit yet (and I get that they're pretty much an ad-hoc squad). We don't need Cap and Tony and Carol coming in to hog spotlight we could be giving to interactions between team members who haven't had a chance to do so yet, or between Cassandra and members of this squad other than Jean.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 08 Nov 2018, 14:20

You know, i adore this book, but i dont agree on the use of the symbols and the imagery, because even if you paint your sentinel with a rainbow, you are still very much riding a hate machine and a genocide weapon, Why couldnt you change its whole colors and perhaps its shape somehow once you change its programming so it doesnt keep looking like the thing mutants fear the most? I get that you want to use that symbol against their most fervient users, of which Casandra Nova now is the more proficient, but still, its a murder, genocide weapon and symbol and this group of X-Men travel in it without thinking of the consquences, of the visuals.

Same with Magento's helmet. I preffer, and view, him as an anti hero, but the world knows him as a (former) terrorist, and know we get the X-Men and the Avengers fighting with his helmet on, is a fun visual, i get it, but a definitely complicated one. What message are these heroes sending to the world? And did it had to be with the same color pallete and all, why not a different shape and color?

Other than that, this is a very good issue, and great series, an excellent team and a definite modern Jean Grey, i adore it.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 08 Nov 2018, 19:26

manuel_mc89 wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 14:20
Same with Magento's helmet. I preffer, and view, him as an anti hero, but the world knows him as a (former) terrorist, and know we get the X-Men and the Avengers fighting with his helmet on, is a fun visual, i get it, but a definitely complicated one. What message are these heroes sending to the world? And did it had to be with the same color pallete and all, why not a different shape and color?
The helmet literally only works in that shape, down to the little wings on the front. And only in red and purple. Whenever Magneto is wearing a different colored version he's just hoping no one realizes his helmet is a sham.

(But yeah, I have trouble believing that Tony Stark of all people wouldn't say "can we change up these helmets a bit? Maybe do 'em in red and gold?")