Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

New Mutants: Dead Souls #4

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Gremlin

New Mutants: Dead Souls #4

Post by Gremlin » 13 Jun 2018, 15:53

OMG...bye bye Rictor
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Wings

Re: New Mutants: Dead Souls #4

Post by Wings » 13 Jun 2018, 17:50

Spoiler: show
Rosenberg had me completely convinced, I was even ready to start giving out that he was making Rictor's funeral all about Illyana. Liked Shatterstar's speech, and the interactions Illyana had with Piotr and Kitty while in Tran's illusion.

I'm also quite curious about Karma's "second team". Any theories as to who they could be? This issue would hint at Dani Moonstar, but I'm inclined to think it doesn't include any other New Mutants.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Jun 2018, 18:15

This was dope...Rosenberg did that lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Jun 2018, 18:39

I suspected Ric wasn't dead. They wouldn't kill a character like him off in a mini, would they? *side-eyes Hunt for Wolverine*.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 13 Jun 2018, 18:48

Loved. This.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Cable

Post by Cable » 17 Jun 2018, 11:51

I really liked all the scenes that didn't happen. That would have been a better book. And is Warlock's role going to be to get killed at the end of every issue?
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 17 Jun 2018, 13:14

I’m enjoying this but it still feels like an ongoing. Glad that the Wolfsbane/Strong Guy situation hasn’t been forgotten.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 17 Jun 2018, 15:45

I live in hope that they’re going to be like LOLJK THIS IS AN ONGOING AND HERE’S DANI TO ROUND IT OUT
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 17 Jun 2018, 19:36

Yeah, there’s a few plot threads running through which is cool. I’m still waiting for a Boom Boom to have a use. I do like that Prodigy has been used though, and it fits who he is as well.

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 17 Jun 2018, 20:00

Sincerely I hope Marvel repeat what happened with Madrox and X-Factor years ago.
They started with a mini featuring Madrox, Guido and Wolfsbane and it was so good they followed up with X-Factor as an ongoing series which has been absolute perfection despise whatever David ended doing with some plots (Im still waiting for another writer to fake whatever they did with Syrin didnt happen and that Wolfsbane's son is alive somehow...)

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 18 Jun 2018, 00:05

Fenix wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 20:00
Sincerely I hope Marvel repeat what happened with Madrox and X-Factor years ago.
They started with a mini featuring Madrox, Guido and Wolfsbane and it was so good they followed up with X-Factor as an ongoing series which has been absolute perfection despise whatever David ended doing with some plots (Im still waiting for another writer to fake whatever they did with Syrin didnt happen and that Wolfsbane's son is alive somehow...)
In my heart of hearts I still believe that PAD fully wrote the last twenty-thirty issues of X-Factor as rebellion against being involved in every crossover and derailing his story that he wanted to tell. I still think he left things where they were for each character because he perhaps had the balls/hubris (depending on your perspective) to think he was the only writer who readers would trust to write these characters out of their predicaments.

I’ll also say to this day, it’s the only title that I think managed to pull off the “everyone is morally grey but in a day to day kind of way rather than being made to make difficult choices every issue” kind of way.

ANYWAY.

Still in love with this title... but not Illyana’s really blunt and short fringe

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Jun 2018, 01:42

I never felt that way...only because I never saw anything wrong with those issues...

And yes Illyana’s hair is bad

My X-Men Draft Picks:

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 18 Jun 2018, 08:07

Blackcyclops wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 01:42
I never felt that way...only because I never saw anything wrong with those issues...

I didn’t say I think it was wrong— it just felt a lot like he was throwing EVERYTHING at these characters and hoping readers could keep up

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 19 Jun 2018, 02:10

I felt the same, I stopped reading it as a PD's love letter and more as a "fuck u Marvel", he intentionally pushed some characters so far that it would need a very good writer (or himself) to take them back from that point.

And maybe he understimated Marvel thinking they would respect continuity but he was clearly wrong as Guido and Wolfsbane seem to be able to have a milkshake together even after Guido killed Rahne's son in cold blood, no matter he was soul less...

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 19 Jun 2018, 02:24

Fenix wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 02:10
I felt the same, I stopped reading it as a PD's love letter and more as a "fuck u Marvel", he intentionally pushed some characters so far that it would need a very good writer (or himself) to take them back from that point.

And maybe he understimated Marvel thinking they would respect continuity but he was clearly wrong as Guido and Wolfsbane seem to be able to have a milkshake together even after Guido killed Rahne's son in cold blood, no matter he was soul less...

Except they still have issues with each other (well she has issues with him)...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 19 Jun 2018, 02:25

das_boot wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 08:07
Blackcyclops wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 01:42

I didn’t say I think it was wrong— it just felt a lot like he was throwing EVERYTHING at these characters and hoping readers could keep up
I think that’s true but that seems to be alot of his writing, as someone who read his Hulk and Captain Marvel, it feels very much like him...

Never once saw it as some eff you though...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 19 Jun 2018, 10:13

Blackcyclops wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 02:24
Fenix wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 02:10

Except they still have issues with each other (well she has issues with him)...
They certainly do, but it didnt stop them from being pals in Death of X, IvX and Secret Empire like nothing happened.
Dead Souls is the first book actually following up from the tragic events in X-Factor.
Its quite sad but one of those things making us relate to the Xbooks is continuity and how one book is related to another via a character or a story arc... and its still to be seen how Guido got his soul back and how Rahne can find any kind of peace, if it is possible at all, with Guido and what he did.
I feel for Rahne, since X-Factor she has had a rough time...
Last edited by Fenix on 19 Jun 2018, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

kalibeast

Post by kalibeast » 19 Jun 2018, 10:49

This was the single best X-issue in a very long time.