Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Domino #1

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
das_boot

Domino #1

Post by das_boot » 11 Apr 2018, 18:14

This has been good for my fantasy league!

Also, I was living for the “hello world, i’m your wild girl... D-d-d DOMINO”

Great little start of the series and I love that Simone has the playful tone of Domino down!
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

ultimatekey

Re: Domino #1

Post by ultimatekey » 12 Apr 2018, 12:20

I didn't know that Domino's mark was tattooed on her face. I thought that she was born with it. So I guess her only distinctive feature of being a mutant is her chalk-white skin.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 12 Apr 2018, 17:33

Yeah, it was never really cleared up. Domino was one of those 'mysterious' characters that had no backstory and it only came out in degrees.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 12 Apr 2018, 18:00

It’s something i’m okay with. Like Eph said, we’ve never really had much backstory on her early years so any expansion is welcomed here
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

grief

Post by grief » 12 Apr 2018, 19:16

I had the same thought regarding the introduction page at the end of the issue - I didn't know Domino had participated in some kind of super-solider program? I'll be the first to admit though that I haven't followed EVERY Domino appearance, so perhaps I missed it.

That said, Simone's playful and melancholy tone fit this issue perfectly. I loved seeing all the extended X-peeps at her party, especially Agent X. Like Domino, I'm also bitter about Peter moving on, so that made me happy as well.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

ultimatekey

Post by ultimatekey » 12 Apr 2018, 19:56

Domino doesn't seem like the type of person to marry nor stay with the same person for too long.

Now that I think about it, Domino and X-23 have a very similar backstory.

Both were brought into this world and were raised/trained/forced to become a super-soldier/assassin/weapon.

grief

Post by grief » 14 Apr 2018, 12:52

ultimatekey wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 19:56
Domino doesn't seem like the type of person to marry nor stay with the same person for too long.
I agree. I just thought that the pairing was a nice change of pace for both of them - Dom falling for a sweet nice guy and Peter falling for a dangerous, devil-may-care, type. It would never have lasted forever, but I wouldn't have minded longer.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

Cyke

Post by Cyke » 14 Apr 2018, 22:34

Fun first issue though I had to look up who Outlaw was (never heard of her till now).
Verda Gildr- 'Become Worthy'

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 14 Apr 2018, 23:10

Cyke wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 22:34
Fun first issue though I had to look up who Outlaw was (never heard of her till now).
She's popped up mostly in the Deadpool comics from what I can remember, though I couldn't tell you more beyond "cowgirl themed."

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 15 Apr 2018, 01:28

This was so fun! Domino is one of those characters that appears very often but rarely in a lead role and we almost never get inside her head. I'm so excited to see how Simone fleshes out her backstory and her relationships amongst the X-Men community.

Topaz is an interesting choice for a villain since Domino and magic are an odd pairing. Guessing that's Taboo in the wheelchair? Simone is brushing off some old characters already.
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/

Cable

Post by Cable » 15 Apr 2018, 03:11

Quick and Dead wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 01:28
This was so fun! Domino is one of those characters that appears very often but rarely in a lead role and we almost never get inside her head. I'm so excited to see how Simone fleshes out her backstory and her relationships amongst the X-Men community.

Topaz is an interesting choice for a villain since Domino and magic are an odd pairing. Guessing that's Taboo in the wheelchair? Simone is brushing off some old characters already.
If that is Taboo is he controlling Topaz? She isn't normally a villainous character right?

I agree that this is fun. Simone has a great grasp of the character's voice, seems to be set to delve into her background, and is fleshing it out with a good supporting cast. I look forward to see what comes next.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 15 Apr 2018, 18:27

I read this, this was quite fun, i dont know how long a Domino ongoing can go, but if it reamins fun, im on board for the long run.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.