Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

Generation X #8

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Blackcyclops

Generation X #8

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Nov 2017, 14:19

After a rocky start I like Gen X...It has that character focus of the OG New Mutants and Academy X but less hocky and a bit more bite to it like the original Generation X...this issue had a Claremont/Lobdell vibe with it mainly being downtime but still setting up the next arc. This is also an underrated book imo
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Cable

Re: Generation X #8

Post by Cable » 10 Nov 2017, 02:36

At first I was thinking Husk is a terrible choice to be counselor. Then I realized her experiences would probably motivate her to help others so maybe she would actually be a great choice if she has learned from it. She certainly did a good job in this scene.

My favorite thing about this book is it uses characters nobody else bothers to use. And even c-listers get to show up. Sprite had a line! lol
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

ultimatekey

Post by ultimatekey » 10 Nov 2017, 15:03

Spoiler: show
Are Sprite and Glob Herman a couple now? Apparently, in a panel, they were seen holding hands.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 10 Nov 2017, 16:06

Glob was aiming way above his league with Young Jean. Guess Sprite felt vulnerable when Genesis dumped her to road trip with the O5 and Oya.

I thought this issue was supposed to be a Monet focused issue for some reason. Like I thought I read that in a solicit or something. Instead we get one scene with her. Overall, this book is still fun and I keep reading it because, like Cable said, it's the only place for me to see some of the Non A-List X-characters.
Exiles Draft: Spider-gwen, Stormborn, Wolverine (Lee), Iron Maiden, Captain America 2099, Ultimate Captain America

Crawler

Post by Crawler » 13 Nov 2017, 02:19

Loved who showed up to cause all the problems! One of my favorite parts of Aaron's X-Men stuff.

Daytripper

Post by Daytripper » Today, 06:07

Another fun issue! Good to see Husk again. Enjoying the story with Benjamin's crush on Nathaniel!