Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

All-New Wolverine #23

Here you can express your opinions about released issues of the current X-Titles
Cable

All-New Wolverine #23

Post by Cable » 11 Aug 2017, 13:57

Continuing the GotG team-up

Full spoilers:
Spoiler: show
Wolverine wants to fight through all the Brood to save Gabby but Drax says she can't win and to save her from herself he throws her over the wall. The aliens are horrified because they believe the outsiders to all be infected but Star-Lord says they are inoculated; Fang is there and he vouches for them. Fang had been treated here as this is a disease research center. The Brood attacked and the researchers tried to use a virus to stop them but it didn't work and the Brood became carriers for the sickness. Some of the people on the moon got infected and there was nothing the researchers could do to heal them. They decided to let them make a run for it but the only one who got away was the little girl who made it through to Earth. Fang was the one who had suggested she go to Laura for help, and indeed Wolverine has brought back the cure. But now they must go get Gabby. The Brood meanwhile have noticed Gabby's extraordinary abilities and plan to make her a queen. Drax, Rocket, and Fang are sent to the Milano to send out a distress call to the Shi'ar. Laura, Star-Lord, and Gamora manage to infiltrate the Brood hive at night but find Gabby too late: she transforms into a hideous clawed Brood and slays the Brood mother to take control of the hive.
Oh Tom you were doing so well and then you had to bring back Fang. I audibly groaned when I saw him. I was hoping after the travesty of Wolverines he would never appear again and we could all forget that happened. Things seem pretty hopeless for Gabby at the end here but maybe Fang will use his godlike powers to save the day. :roll:

At least Kirk's art is great here. The many-clawed Brood Queen is rad and terrifying.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

manuel_mc89

Re: All-New Wolverine #23

Post by manuel_mc89 » 11 Aug 2017, 17:03

Who is that guy with X-23's old costume? I continue loving this book, but i have no idea of who that was and seeing that costume on him was odd, or was Laura's costume actually not hers in the first place?
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 11 Aug 2017, 19:19

Fang?

He was one of the Shi'Ar imperial guardsmen. Wolverine stole his suit for a bit. Later Laura wore it for some reason.

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 11 Aug 2017, 21:35

Yeah, seeing Fang gave me flashbacks to Wolverines, which IMO is some of the worst material I've ever seen published by Marvel.

This particular alien disease storyline needs to end.
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 12 Aug 2017, 13:47

Huh, ok, turns out i didnt realy remembered him.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 12 Aug 2017, 16:52

manuel_mc89 wrote:
12 Aug 2017, 13:47
Huh, ok, turns out i didnt realy remembered him.
If it makes you feel better, I didn't either. I think the only reason I even knew of him was because I owned this toy as a kid and later wondered why the heck Wolverine had an orange suit with teeth on it.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 12 Aug 2017, 17:10

I've read The Phoenix Saga (plus other Shi'ar cebtric stories) and owned the toy, so that's how I know Fang.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 13 Aug 2017, 01:25

Magnus wrote:
11 Aug 2017, 19:19
Fang?

He was one of the Shi'Ar imperial guardsmen. Wolverine stole his suit for a bit. Later Laura wore it for some reason.
technically Laura was wearing a cosplayer's suit. It was when CC introduced her to the X-Verse proper so he threw it in as an in-joke since Logan had "borrowed" Fang's suit back in the day.
Check Out Recruitment Drive: https://www.createspace.com/6339770

D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://soundcloud.com/d20roulette

Pro Wrestling: Everything awesomely camp about super-hero fights, but with aging and music.