Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Dawn of X

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
Blackcyclops

Re: Dawn of X

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 Jul 2019, 22:32

Yeah but it was a starring role, interesting stories and fit her character evolution. I loved that run...

Speaking of the art
If I was the rank the artist off their work (now that I looked up the ones I didnt know): (from best to worst)

MATTEO LOLLI (his stuff is amazing!)
Marcus To
SZYMON KUDRANSKI (I like how “dark” it is)
JOSHUA CASSARA
Leinil Francis Yu
Rod Reis
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 21 Jul 2019, 22:40

:shock: :shock:

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 21 Jul 2019, 23:10

I'm in the minority I know, but I am not a Yu fan. That cover, esp, is atrocious imho. I know he can do better than that. I really hope the New Mutants can get some new costumes. I'm tired of them in their training duds. Magik has her own costume now! The rest of them can too!

I totally missed Warren isn't around either. So biggest "omissions" are Nightcrawler, Angel, Polaris, Northstar, Dazzler, Magneto, and Cannonball. And if he isn't dead, Madrox. Banshee maybe. And of course, the kids and other D-Listers that have been on the fringes lately. Hickman did just say today that the goal is to reset the universe so we can really use the characters that we already have, and that he wants to bring some of the side characters to the front (like Sage, Kwannon, and Mondo). I wonder if that means we will get some other surprises like Maggott or Marrow. Or Boom Boom, M, Husk, etc.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 Jul 2019, 23:19

Not a minority, you see where he ranks for me? Lol
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

SW442

Post by SW442 » 21 Jul 2019, 23:40

Milkshake08 wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 23:10
I'm in the minority I know, but I am not a Yu fan. That cover, esp, is atrocious imho. I know he can do better than that. I really hope the New Mutants can get some new costumes. I'm tired of them in their training duds. Magik has her own costume now! The rest of them can too!

I totally missed Warren isn't around either. So biggest "omissions" are Nightcrawler, Angel, Polaris, Northstar, Dazzler, Magneto, and Cannonball. And if he isn't dead, Madrox. Banshee maybe. And of course, the kids and other D-Listers that have been on the fringes lately. Hickman did just say today that the goal is to reset the universe so we can really use the characters that we already have, and that he wants to bring some of the side characters to the front (like Sage, Kwannon, and Mondo). I wonder if that means we will get some other surprises like Maggott or Marrow. Or Boom Boom, M, Husk, etc.
During a recent interview, Hickman said Kurt would be very important. His pic can also be seen on the all-encompassing X-Men poster with numerous others like Magneto, Monet, Toad, Warren, and characters like Frenzy, and Surge as well.
Only Husk & Creed seem to be missing. The latter could be killed off in HOX / POX which I'd be cool with, especially if it was a good death (unlike all his others). But a good way for the character to go out.

Monet appears to be called Penance now, which is a nice improvement for the name "M", which is hardly a name, imo.

Also the Wave II books have yet to be announced, and characters that didn't get to be apart of teams here may end up in the next Wave. Writers confirmed so far for the second Wave are Leah Williams and Vita Ayala. maybe the latter will get to write Monet.

Someone was nice enough to give info from Hickman's interview today. Here's the big things noted.
Hickman: My only rule for the vast majority of X-stuff is there's no real need to create new characters when you have 100s that are not being serviced in a way that makes everyone happy. My mandate, my idea behind what we are doing is that we go back and fix what's broken, tell forward-looking stories about a lot of characters- many which you haven't seen in awhile
Hickman said he's a big GENERATION X guy, and he's excited to bring them back.
Fan Q: How connected are the X-MEN books connected to Battleworld?
Hickman: Not at all. From the time I started at Marvel to Secret Wars, I wrote one book - one story that spans 200 issues of comics. It's incestuous, impenetrable. So I chose not to do that with the X-Men.
Hickman said the X-MEN books haven't had a place inside Marvel for the past decade, and that has recently changed. "We're able to now do, it's not an impossibility, my goal is to return them to their prominence it isn't impossible anymore."
Hickman said with FF he learned he can only do nostalgia stories for so long and everyone knows what you're going to do. "The thing we're doing is delivering something new that makes you feel like it's old. I'm extremely satisfied with the results, and I hope everyone will enjoy it on Wednesday. If not, I'll be fired. That's okay. [laughs]"
When asked about his process of telling one story across 2 titles, Hickman said there' an "economic side that's borrowing and no one wants to talk about it. "But as a storyteller, he likes telling a story from two correct positions that don't line up with one another. "A very easy way to do that is with dueling books, shared characters, and clearly two groups of heroes who disagree with how to handle a problem. It's not what we're doing with HoX and PoX, but it kind of works that way."
Fan Q: Asks about X-Men being a book for minorities, but most of the X-Men are primarily white
Hickman: On the race, obviously we need more characters of color. The ones we do have - it's important to write them well, and make them as big as possible. There's some we're bringing back, which I hope people will be excited about.
Hickman said Kurt will be in the books, and he'll be "super-important". "I don't know what you'll like it, but he'll serve as a elder statements isn't the right word, but it might give you the right kind of feel. It's difficult to talk about those books coming out without understanding what we're setting up before that. But it makes perfect sense inside o the new status quo going forward. I think people are going to get it - he is going to be mission-critical to one of the things inside the books. That's super vague, I'm sorry.
Fan Q: Can you explain what you liked about Generation X and what you hope to accomploish with your run?
Hickman: The reason I love it is because its when Chris Bachalo became Chris Bachalo. But also I loved it because when they did that Age of Apocalypse, it was the best book. It was amazing because it was bitter-sweet, and kind of resonated with me and it's kind of what the whole run did. We're going to be... fixing a little bit of that. Those characters are too good not to be.
Fan Q: A lot of your Marvel work is about strong leadership. What's interests you about Cyclops?
Hickman: Well, it's a little bit of a ...I dig the character, that's one thing. It's also one of those things whenever we decided to kill Charles Xavier in AvX - not the first time, but the third time. He wasn't in the book originally, but I brought him in for #6.... and that turned into him dying so I screwed myself, because I wanted to use him as a member of the Illuminati.

Hickman said with Xavier dead, someone else had to become the 'necessary evil for greater good' leader and Cyclops ended up being that guy.

Hickman: I think what's been messed up about Cyclops is that he's the guy who believes. Charles has a dream, he believes in an idealized world. It's the other guy, the soul of it... that's who Cyclops is. And I think we lost that, but I won't be writing him now as him having lost it anymore.
Fan Q: Are you approaching the X-Men with an ending in mind?
Hickman: You always want to have an idea in mind. I try to always get the ending figured out before I start. What am I doing, why am I doing it, what is it? I know where I"m going. The interesting thing about the X-Men stuff is that we may... if we're too successful I don't know that we're going to get to the severe version of what I was going to do.. which is a wonderful problem to Have. I've built it in three pieces - not three acts - and the first one is what you're about to get. If you like it, we'll extend it. It's prime X-Men stuff and positive after a really long time.
Hickman: We recognize it's been a difficult time for X-Men fans for a prolonged period of time. We want to give you a bunch of wins now. The first bit of it is super upbeat, then there has to be conflict. The second piece is my favorite stuff, where... I'm not going to tell you. If that is successful, there's no telling how long that will be the status quo.

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 22 Jul 2019, 00:00

hmmm, I am missing a handful of characters I like there on the screen but thankfully no new recruits. But I could live without a few from that screen too...

I hope they finish the Lifeguard and Slipstream story.

P-90

Post by P-90 » 22 Jul 2019, 00:51

As much as I'd love to see more of Pete Wisdom, Cap Britain and Meggan I'd much prefer them to stay part of MI:13 alongside other British heroes than be on an X-Team.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 22 Jul 2019, 03:44

So far, everyone that is mentioned in new line-ups is on that screen, except for Apocalype. (unless it's Evan suddenly all grown up)

Missing on the screen are Creed, Banshee and Husk (despite appering in HoX and Pox, and several promiment mutant members of past teams, such as Meggan, Magma, Marrow, Micromax, Kylun, Prodigy, Hellion, Dust, Shatterstar, Cecilia Reyes, Neal Shaara and Sunfire.

Still unused from the screen are a large number of students and trainees (maybe Generation X):
Mercury, Surge, Goldballs, No-Girl, Oya, Armor, Anole, Cuckoos, Scout, Rockslide, Glob, Pixie, Ernst, Shark-Girl, Genesis

Among the remaning characters, there's a lot of X-Factor alumni:
Polaris, Forge, Strong Guy, M, Multiple Man - add to that Maybe Northstar and Dazzler, and you'll have a media friendly group.

Of course there'd also be some sort of "Brotherhood" or extremists, maybe Mystique, Toad, Maggott, Frenzy, Boom-Boom, Archangel and Hope.

I'm not quite sure what to make of Wisdom, Brian and Nightcrawler - maybe they are in charge of training the next generation, and they'll be living at the Braddock Academy?
[PL_2.0]

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 22 Jul 2019, 03:55

My favorite quote from Hickman’s Q&A
Hickman: If you get something published, you need to understand that while you're making a piece of art to give to people to consume, enjoy, live in, etc. .. the experience is .. you can ruin the experience by partaking in their experience. When I see a writer go online and explain what they wrote and what it means, they're breaking the barrier of the readers' experience.
Another indication that to really appreciate what he’s doing I’ll be avoiding twitter and all those other things. Since they become a crutch for some fans in their analysis of stories and bias their reading since they end up basing everything off side and after the fact explanations, instead of the actual text...it’s prominence is definitely a product of the social media age.

Something to think about going forward...along with the avoiding solicits and previews thing. Maybe call it the Dawn of X method lol

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 22 Jul 2019, 09:49

As it stands, is Dust the only mutant serving on a non-x-team right now? She's on the Champions.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 22 Jul 2019, 10:50

Gremlin wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 09:49
As it stands, is Dust the only mutant serving on a non-x-team right now? She's on the Champions.
Hmmm...I think so, even though I guess most teen heroes are kinda auxiliary members of the Champions it seems. So it’s possible other teen mutants heroes are their allies as well. But she’s the only one featuring in a book right now I think. QQ was on the WCA before it ended.

Not that many team books right now, just realized that.

Majestic

Post by Majestic » 22 Jul 2019, 15:53

Blackcyclops wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 03:55
Hickman: If you get something published, you need to understand that while you're making a piece of art to give to people to consume, enjoy, live in, etc. .. the experience is .. you can ruin the experience by partaking in their experience. When I see a writer go online and explain what they wrote and what it means, they're breaking the barrier of the readers' experience.
Another indication that to really appreciate what he’s doing I’ll be avoiding twitter and all those other things. Since they become a crutch for some fans in their analysis of stories and bias their reading since they end up basing everything off side and after the fact explanations, instead of the actual text...it’s prominence is definitely a product of the social media age.
I couldn't agree more. The "death of the author" principle absolutely applies whether the author is dead or not, and the whole point of art is to interpret it yourself.
BODYSHOP INDUSTRIES (X-Villain Draft) : Spiral, Cameron Hodge, Ahab, Pandemic, The Isolationist, Cylla Markham, Matsu'o Tsurayaba, Sugar Man, Nanny & Orphanmaker

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 23 Jul 2019, 01:11

Why is Jean Grey wearing her ugly Marvel Girl costume & Nightcrawler not swashbuckling on Marauders? The new logo font is awkward.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Jul 2019, 14:34

Majestic wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 15:53
Blackcyclops wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 03:55
I couldn't agree more. The "death of the author" principle absolutely applies whether the author is dead or not, and the whole point of art is to interpret it yourself.

Exactly

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 24 Jul 2019, 09:26

On that X-Men Summers/Grey cover, isn’t there someone missing?

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 24 Jul 2019, 13:15

Well, they never made that one official…
One could also expect either Hope, Madelyne or the Threnody's baby, which was strongly suggested to be Nate Grey's.
[PL_2.0]

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 23 Aug 2019, 22:06

House of X-tra
Powers of X-tra
Dawn of X-tra

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 24 Aug 2019, 01:37

Thank god he’s bringing Lifeguard back. The X-Men have been so lame without her.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 24 Aug 2019, 03:11

Threnody's baby is dead. Deadpool killed it.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 24 Aug 2019, 07:23

Yes, I saw that mentioned in the Spotlight update some time after I posted the above. I'm a bit behind on Deadpool.
[PL_2.0]

SW442

Post by SW442 » 26 Aug 2019, 12:59

Variant Cover for Dawn of X

For those like me with less than good eyes who need to see it in sections. lol
Last edited by SW442 on 26 Aug 2019, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 26 Aug 2019, 13:06

Please post every „Who is ...?“ and „Where is ....?“ questions right here :lol:

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 26 Aug 2019, 13:35

Not a fan of that art...it might have more characters but give me that David Finch cover ANY day
Last edited by Blackcyclops on 26 Aug 2019, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 26 Aug 2019, 13:42

Omerta ✔️

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 26 Aug 2019, 13:50

Oh I dare somebody to name EVERY single character lol