Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Hickman return confirmed! Will it be on X-men?

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
EphemeristX

Re: Hickman return confirmed! Will it be on X-men?

Post by EphemeristX » 25 Mar 2019, 02:57

Man, does anybody remember that part where Unworthy Thor and Hyperion go off to fight on their own in deep space? And as they charge off into their final battle, Thor's Unworthy hammer no longer works for him? Dude. That was good stuff.

HickX-Men? I'm so in.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 27 Mar 2019, 21:07

I'd read FF and SHIELD after the fact (except those last two issues of SHIELD), and was lucky to be on the Hickman train when his Avengers run started. I think about that whole Everything Dies/Secret Wars story very often (maybe even daily, if I'm being honest...I mean, hell, my tattoo is based on it lol). If we combine it with the FF/SHIELD story, it's easily the best story I've ever read, and not just in comics. Y'all know, I was obsessed here lol. I think the X-Men is a very good fit for him, and to say I'm excited is an enormous understatement lol.

Definitely agree that his Avengers run wasn't cold either. Dire? Sure. Dark? Definitely. A story about the end of literally everything isn't going to be very jolly lol. He introduced a situation in which folks like Reed and Tony, consummate builders and fixers, were just unable to fix a tremendous problem. That's what good storytellers do - put characters into unfamiliar situations and let it play out for the reader. That might mean sacrificing an entertaining tone, but if done well, the payoff is incredible.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 27 Mar 2019, 21:50

Hyperion and Thor did have some serious bromance brewing.

I found it very, let’s say „interesting“. If you know what I mean.

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 27 Mar 2019, 22:24

UrbanExplorer wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 21:50

I don't know what you mean. Would you mind enlightening me?
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 27 Mar 2019, 22:31

AntiBody wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 22:24
UrbanExplorer wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 21:50

I don't know what you mean. Would you mind enlightening me?
I don’t think I am allowed to speak my mind. Let’s summarize it with „HOT“.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 27 Mar 2019, 22:32

I didn't particularly notice any queer subtext between them, but if any board is going to object to LGBT interpretations of characters, an X-Board isn't one of them. Especially this X-Board. We're hella gay here. Well. Some of us.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 27 Mar 2019, 22:34

I mean Thor is centuries old and Hyperion is a semi-god...them having a love isn’t even an odd thing.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 27 Mar 2019, 22:40

I know both are straight but anyway I liked them connecting on that comrades in arms level.

Btw, didn’t Hickmann say that one Avenger turns out to be gay? Was that Starbrand?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 Mar 2019, 00:21

Thor’s a God...I’m sure he’s been beyond the heternorm...and was Hyperion ever with anybody? I’m here for Thorion lol
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 28 Mar 2019, 05:27

...all the defenses seem to be "the man characters did a whole lot of brooding." Whatever. I'll agree to disagree. Maybe this will be great and I'll eat crow, but I don't have to be excited about it, just like I was never excited about Morrison or Bendis. And I think the X-books have a very serious direction, and have since I jumped back on board. I think this is throwing that direction out the window and unless Hickman is sticking around for a few years, it's tiresome. Give me a long term creative team. I don't want ideas like the new Brotherhood and the TO Virus New Mutants ushered out the door before they get their own long term story. It's like the Sentinel-human hybrids from Messiah Complex. Or the Neo or Children of the Vault. Or Indra's armor thingy. Like, tell the damn story and let your creatives do what they set out to do before drastically redistributing the line. And I'm REALLY tired of alt-u or time travel stories right now. We are in the midst of two right now, plus JUST got rid of the O5, so give it a rest. We don't know that's what this is yet, but it'll be a hard sell that it isn't, because we have at least 2 alternate universe characters we've never seen before in that image alone, plus various iterations of other characters from all over the timeline. And the resurrected lobster from Fallen Angels.

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 28 Mar 2019, 06:56

Blackcyclops wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 00:21
Thor’s a God...I’m sure he’s been beyond the heternorm...and was Hyperion ever with anybody? I’m here for Thorion lol
In his miniseries after Secret Wars, he was/is with... Thundra?

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 01 Apr 2019, 21:44

Milkshake08 wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 05:27
...all the defenses seem to be "the man characters did a whole lot of brooding." Whatever. I'll agree to disagree. Maybe this will be great and I'll eat crow, but I don't have to be excited about it, just like I was never excited about Morrison or Bendis. And I think the X-books have a very serious direction, and have since I jumped back on board. I think this is throwing that direction out the window and unless Hickman is sticking around for a few years, it's tiresome. Give me a long term creative team. I don't want ideas like the new Brotherhood and the TO Virus New Mutants ushered out the door before they get their own long term story. It's like the Sentinel-human hybrids from Messiah Complex. Or the Neo or Children of the Vault. Or Indra's armor thingy. Like, tell the damn story and let your creatives do what they set out to do before drastically redistributing the line. And I'm REALLY tired of alt-u or time travel stories right now. We are in the midst of two right now, plus JUST got rid of the O5, so give it a rest. We don't know that's what this is yet, but it'll be a hard sell that it isn't, because we have at least 2 alternate universe characters we've never seen before in that image alone, plus various iterations of other characters from all over the timeline. And the resurrected lobster from Fallen Angels.
Girl. Yes. Correct. Agreed on all points.
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 01 Apr 2019, 22:15

Well, I'm pretty sure this is happening alongside Uncanny, so I'm hoping Rosenberg doesn't go anywhere. I'm enjoying their run so far.

HoldenC

Post by HoldenC » 08 Apr 2019, 20:44

A little more info...also raises a few more questions.

Like why is Jean back in that awful costume. I’d take shoulder pads and head brace Jean over this any day.

And we have Bendis-Magneto and maybe another Cyclops or a Cyclops that doesn’t seem to be Uncannny Cyclops?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04/08 ... tant-race/

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Apr 2019, 21:18

I want to see what it’s saying but I’ve been protesting BC for a while now lol

Okay now you can see if you wanna check it out elsewhere :

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-jonathan-hic ... t-details/

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Apr 2019, 23:31

I don't think these costumes are anyone's costumes moving forward. But that Cyke one... that looks like his red one but in a new color scheme.

HoldenC

Post by HoldenC » 09 Apr 2019, 00:55

Unless I’m not seeing it, BC gives you an interior page. Jean in her pointless skirt and Magneto in white with Emma? Esme?

Did I miss something or should I also be boycotting BC? I want to be in the know lol

xx mistah

Post by xx mistah » 09 Apr 2019, 03:10

Could the character with the giant X helmet be Xavier walking? With the helmet a new version of Cerebro.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 09 Apr 2019, 04:56

xx mistah wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 03:10
Could the character with the giant X helmet be Xavier walking? With the helmet a new version of Cerebro.
Yeah that was my guess.

I'll like the Magneto costume if it actually has full sleeves this time (can't tell in either of the pictures here).

The Cyclops one looks nice, but I agree that I'd be okay with never seeing Jean in the Marvel Girl getup again.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 09 Apr 2019, 06:00

Helmet guy is giving me serious Ultimate Maker vibes, though I can only assume it's Xavier.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 09 Apr 2019, 06:02

EphemeristX wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 06:00
Helmet guy is giving me serious Ultimate Maker vibes, though I can only assume it's Xavier.
Yeah, my first thought was "That's obviously Xavier, but he really likes like The Maker."

It's a weird redesign for sure.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 09 Apr 2019, 06:10

So on the one cover, is the bald girl Karima Shapandar? The woman has facial markings and seems to have the Bachalo design of Karima. That's the only thing (besides Laraz in general) I like about anything I see, only because I have a real soft spot for Karima.

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 09 Apr 2019, 08:45

EphemeristX wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 06:00
Or X like he likes to call himself since he took over Fantomex' body in Astonishing. Big X on his helmet does honour his new adopted name.

House of X looks like a new direction for the current characters, Powers of X look like an alternate reality

I still hope Uncanny stays as well next to this, but seeing Cyclops and Wolverine here I think it will be cancelled (or will be casted with again a new team)

Some interesting speculation on the base of the covers over at ign: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04/08 ... men-comics

Powers of X could be in the future, where X's plan from House of X came into frutation. The Daughter of Colossus and Kitty sounds interesting
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 09 Apr 2019, 12:57

Interesting IGN article. Could one of the bald people be Cassandra Nova? Because the thought of Hickman writing her makes me melt with joy!!

elixir86

Post by elixir86 » 09 Apr 2019, 17:27

No idea where these books will go, but thinking about Xavier...is he supposedly in possession of the World? :shock: