Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

The Exterminated

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
Bigstever

The Exterminated

Post by Bigstever » 12 Sep 2018, 00:02

https://www.newsarama.com/41784-hope-su ... nated.html

Looks like
Spoiler: show
Cable's staying dead?
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."
-Lloyd Alexander

Magnus

Re: The Exterminated

Post by Magnus » 12 Sep 2018, 01:11

Cancelling his ongoing wasn't enough, had to kill him too.

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 12 Sep 2018, 01:19

And now his not-daughter daughter will step into his footsteps and call herself Cable. Well, after she went on a mandatory warfare of course.

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 12 Sep 2018, 03:06

EEEE Bishop is on that cover and there is still some bad blood there. Also beardy Nightcrawler looks like a squirrel.

It's nice that Hope is being acknowledged! I wonder if she'll be coming back or if this is sort of a farewell to her for a while too.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 12 Sep 2018, 06:13

Milkshake08 wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 03:06
EEEE Bishop is on that cover and there is still some bad blood there. Also beardy Nightcrawler looks like a squirrel.

It's nice that Hope is being acknowledged! I wonder if she'll be coming back or if this is sort of a farewell to her for a while too.
I'd really like her to become SOMETHING in the X-Universe. While I agree she fulfilled her purpose I think she's still a good character.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 12 Sep 2018, 15:34

tokenBG1009 wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 06:13

I'd really like her to become SOMETHING in the X-Universe. While I agree she fulfilled her purpose I think she's still a good character.
You know, I'm not her biggest fan at all, but I'd actually like her to become something too. Same with Transonic, or Eva Bell, or Velocidad. Same with my faves the New X-Men. I don't like introducing characters, making them seem important, and then never using them again, and Hope was the biggest offender. Let her BE something now that her Messiah story is done. There's a lot of interesting potential there. But they decided to focus on Teen Jean at her expense.

That said, never, ever bring Goldballs back.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 12 Sep 2018, 21:52

This feels a bit redundant really given Cable died about 6 years ago during Second Coming. Cable’s secondary mutation seems to be dying.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 13 Sep 2018, 03:38

Milkshake08 wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 15:34
tokenBG1009 wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 06:13

You know, I'm not her biggest fan at all, but I'd actually like her to become something too. Same with Transonic, or Eva Bell, or Velocidad. Same with my faves the New X-Men. I don't like introducing characters, making them seem important, and then never using them again, and Hope was the biggest offender. Let her BE something now that her Messiah story is done. There's a lot of interesting potential there. But they decided to focus on Teen Jean at her expense.

That said, never, ever bring Goldballs back.
Aw, Goldballs was MVP
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 13 Sep 2018, 03:39

"How the Summers family copes with grief"

Hmm. Yeah, you do wonder...I mean how many times has a member of the family "died" now...? :lol:
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Sep 2018, 10:41

Spectral Knight wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 03:39

Hmm. Yeah, you do wonder...I mean how many times has a member of the family "died" now...? :lol:
Not counting things like Thanos’ finger snap or Secret Wars (since everything died):

Jean’s died three times (DPS, Morrison and Endsong)...well 2 times technically it was Jean. Jean’s dying thing has always been overexaggerated, kinda like Hank Pym being abusive.

Cyclops has died once...you could count him merging with Apoccy as a sort of death, even though he was still alive.

Nate kinda died once when he released his essence.

Rachel died once in the far future.

Havok was thought dead once when he went to Mutant X.

And then you got Cable who has been thought dead like 2 times (X-Cutioner’s Song and Messiah complex), then died once during Second coming and well...so he’s actually the big resurrection master lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 13 Sep 2018, 17:35

Blackcyclops wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 10:41
Spectral Knight wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 03:39

Not counting things like Thanos’ finger snap or Secret Wars (since everything died):

Jean’s died three times (DPS, Morrison and Endsong)...well 2 times technically it was Jean. Jean’s dying thing has always been overexaggerated, kinda like Hank Pym being abusive.

Cyclops has died once...you could count him merging with Apoccy as a sort of death, even though he was still alive.

Nate kinda died once when he released his essence.

Rachel died once in the far future.

Havok was thought dead once when he went to Mutant X.

And then you got Cable who has been thought dead like 2 times (X-Cutioner’s Song and Messiah complex), then died once during Second coming and well...so he’s actually the big resurrection master lol
You forgot Corsair being killed by Vulcan and rez'ed by the Starjammers because... Reasons
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Cable

Post by Cable » 13 Sep 2018, 18:30

Cable, Cyclops, and Wolverine are three of my top 5 fave X-Men of all time and they have all been killed off in the past five years. But I am not going to be one of those fans that cries about not getting to see my childhood heroes every month. The beauty of an ongoing shared universe with different writers is how it can progress and evolve. I will always love those characters but X-23 should replace Wolverine. Kitty should replace Cyclops. Hope should replace Cable. I don't want the same stories with the same characters over and over. Comics should move forward.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 13 Sep 2018, 18:39

Cable wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 18:30
Cable, Cyclops, and Wolverine are three of my top 5 fave X-Men of all time and they have all been killed off in the past five years. But I am not going to be one of those fans that cries about not getting to see my childhood heroes every month. The beauty of an ongoing shared universe with different writers is how it can progress and evolve. I will always love those characters but X-23 should replace Wolverine. Kitty should replace Cyclops. Hope should replace Cable. I don't want the same stories with the same characters over and over. Comics should move forward.
Didio just blocked you on all the social media. Then stuck his fingers in his ears and went "I can't hear you. Barry and Hal forever! Nah Nah Nah Nah"

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 13 Sep 2018, 18:47

Cable wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 18:30
I will always love those characters but X-23 should replace Wolverine. Kitty should replace Cyclops. Hope should replace Cable. I don't want the same stories with the same characters over and over. Comics should move forward.
I agree, but I'm still a bit miffed that Cyclops got killed off instead of being able to replace Magneto.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Sep 2018, 18:59

I don’t care one way or another...I view them all as myth like so I’m okay with their continued existence...

Either way, I’m interested in seeing what Hope does...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Bigstever

Post by Bigstever » 14 Sep 2018, 00:57

Blackcyclops wrote:

Jean also died during the Sentinel attack that killed off the Hellions in Uncanny 281... I think that's the right issue.
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."
-Lloyd Alexander

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Sep 2018, 01:02

Bigstever wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 00:57
Blackcyclops wrote:

Jean also died during the Sentinel attack that killed off the Hellions in Uncanny 281... I think that's the right issue.
Did she really die-die though? Because that's the issue with Emma right? I don't think that's an actual death...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 14 Sep 2018, 02:25

If only the UXN had a handy chart that tracks X-men deaths...a Death Chart perhaps?

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 14 Sep 2018, 03:08

Blackcyclops wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 01:02
Bigstever wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 00:57
Blackcyclops wrote:

Did she really die-die though? Because that's the issue with Emma right? I don't think that's an actual death...
Nope. They teased her death as a cliffhanger to end an issue in the arc but the very next issue said "Yeah she just stored her mind somewhere safe. She's not dead" I don't count that. No funeral, no mourning. Just a tease to sell issues.