Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Cates Talks Guardians Relaunch

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
Blackcyclops

Cates Talks Guardians Relaunch

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Sep 2018, 02:06

Last edited by Blackcyclops on 06 Sep 2018, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

grief

Re: Coates Talks Guardians Relaunch

Post by grief » 06 Sep 2018, 02:38

Oh sweet Stan Lee, PLEASE edit that post title. I got SO HYPED for a Ta-Nehisi Coates written Guardians and then the article started interview Donny Cates and I crashed.

That said, I'm kind of happy that the GotG have gotten big enough that Marvel can now tease their line-up, Avengers/X-Men style. On the other hand, I'm sad that this is gonna take weeks, if not months, to reveal. I'd love to see a less movie-inspired line-up.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

tokenBG1009

Re: Cates Talks Guardians Relaunch

Post by tokenBG1009 » 06 Sep 2018, 08:29

I've been confusing Coates and Cates for like the last year...
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 06 Sep 2018, 09:22

Y’know, I’d kind of love it if they managed to literally launch all the cosmic heroes into the GotG, and ran it similar to the Legion of Superheroes.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 06 Sep 2018, 10:19

Darkhawk, Charlie-27, Starfox, Moondragon or Oracle, Warlock, Smasher, Corsair

I think that the demand of the Star-Lord team has been saturated with ongoings and solo titles, so I created a team consisting of lesser used characters.

Btw, does anyone else think that this poster doesn’t show everything? For example it looks like someone is standing behind Wraith. Also no Nova, Mantis...

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Sep 2018, 10:24

das_boot wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 09:22
Y’know, I’d kind of love it if they managed to literally launch all the cosmic heroes into the GotG, and ran it similar to the Legion of Superheroes.
I’d love that too...

Then again I also like them as a pit of ragtag squad. Duggan’s version of the team felt similar to the first parts of the DnA run in that regard.

I do like who Drax, Star-lord and Gamora have become so I really want them to stay around. Rocket can survive as a solo hero I believe

My X-Men Draft Picks:

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 06 Sep 2018, 11:11

Blackcyclops wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 10:24
das_boot wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 09:22
I’d love that too...

Then again I also like them as a pit of ragtag squad. Duggan’s version of the team felt similar to the first parts of the DnA run in that regard.

I do like who Drax, Star-lord and Gamora have become so I really want them to stay around. Rocket can survive as a solo hero I believe
I’m not saying get rid, and I’m not saying have them as some kind of massive organisation... like... okay.

So here’s how I would do it. Following this Infinity Wars event, the Guardians are fractured. Gamora is on a mission of redemption and comes across a few people who end up travelling with her. Same with the rest of the big-hitters from the MCU. Have them almost as running their own syndicates of the Guardians with their own immediate purpose but a similar long-term goal. Have the end of that 18 month arc culminate in some kind of big event (I know, yawn, event, whatever, this isn’t your scenario it’s mine so FIGHT ME), and you could even have that spinning off into three separate titles... one dealing with the more esoteric/mystical elements of the cosmic stuff (Gamora, Mantis, Moondragon, a couple of other characters), one team dealing with low-level space mafia stuff (Star-Lord, Rocket, Nova, other characters), and then one team basically just keeping it almost like the MCU guardians in having silly but fun adventures (Drax, Groot, Starfox, Adam Warlock)— use the MCU as a springboard to get casual readers invested in characters like Gamora to want to follow her, everyone already loves Star-Lord and the low-level space-noir with some clever PAD-esque writing, and then the super-fun “HEY KIDS DOESNT THIS REMIND YOU OF THE MOVIES” title with the break-out stars who aren’t Star-Lord, Gamora and Rocket.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Sep 2018, 11:30

I wouldn’t be shocked to have more than one GotG title...I like your idea tbh Das

My X-Men Draft Picks:

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 06 Sep 2018, 12:29

Blackcyclops wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 11:30
I wouldn’t be shocked to have more than one GotG title...I like your idea tbh Das
That’s because i’m as creatively gifted as I am beautiful and wise 😘

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 06 Sep 2018, 23:17

The pic of everyone feels like one of our drafts lol
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 07 Sep 2018, 14:09

Jazzkantine wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 10:19
Btw, does anyone else think that this poster doesn’t show everything? For example it looks like someone is standing behind Wraith. Also no Nova, Mantis...
Nova's there, he's above Beta Ray Bill.

The only one I don't recognize is the character to the right of Beta Ray Bill

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 07 Sep 2018, 14:17

Gibbering Fool wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 14:09
Jazzkantine wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 10:19
Nova's there, he's above Beta Ray Bill.

The only one I don't recognize is the character to the right of Beta Ray Bill
Ah I meant Quasar.

According to today’s CBR article:
The last group in the top right of this image is dominated by Beta Ray Bill in the center. Bill is a Korbinite granted the powers of Thor thanks to Odin’s gift of the Uru hammer Stormbreaker. Behind him are members of the original Guardians of the Galaxy — Major Victory and Martinex. The character on the far left is Hussar, formerly of the Shi’ar Imperial Guard, who wields a neuro whip channeling bioelectricity. To Bill’s left is an alternate universe version of Phyla-Vel, last seen in Infinity Countdown #4.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Sep 2018, 16:44

I don’t trust CBr for accuracy with anything though, unless they get it straight from Marvel.

My X-Men Draft Picks: