Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Extermination #2

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
Gibbering Fool

Extermination #2

Post by Gibbering Fool » 24 Aug 2018, 14:29

Extermination #2 preview is up on CBR. I'm mainly sharing because I'm excited to see Mimic back :D

EphemeristX

Re: Extermination #2

Post by EphemeristX » 24 Aug 2018, 15:39

I thought for a second he was gonna show up just to get killed and I was upset for a second. Luckily it was just a tranq.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 24 Aug 2018, 23:58

EphemeristX wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 15:39
I thought for a second he was gonna show up just to get killed and I was upset for a second. Luckily it was just a tranq.
I know right? I was so relieved

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 25 Aug 2018, 00:09

But why Mimic? Is He time-displaced too????

Or is Cable recruiting his own team?vvv
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

WonderDoug

Post by WonderDoug » 25 Aug 2018, 03:58

Does he still have the original 5's powers? I haven't read for a few years and I'm catching up.

And it might be the art, but he looks reeeeal young. Can't realy tell if it's present or past Calvin.
Queer comedian who is just getting back into comic books after almost a decade. I got a lot of catching up to and I'm excited to be back on the boards.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 25 Aug 2018, 03:59

WonderDoug wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 03:58
Does he still have the original 5's powers? I haven't read for a few years and I'm catching up.

And it might be the art, but he looks reeeeal young. Can't realy tell if it's present or past Calvin.

Good point, could be young Cal
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 25 Aug 2018, 05:28

Last time we saw Mimic he still had all the O5 powers. You're right though that this could be a younger version. He doesn't have wings or big hands and feet. Though the artists don't usually draw the big hands and feet lately and the wings could be under his sweater.

Totally unfounded theory but its would be really cool if this is a past version of Mimic and it somehow explains he he got all the O5 powers permanently imprinted. Like young Cable uses him to steal their abilities and memories? He does say his abilities are needed. In his early days he only had the O5 powers when he was near them, then he had stories with Hulk and Wolverine, died for a bit then showed up in the 90s and just always had the O5 powers with no explanation (that I know of). This is just wild hopeful baseless speculation at this point :D