Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Another new book (and its not Uncanny)

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
Fenix

Another new book (and its not Uncanny)

Post by Fenix » 16 Jul 2018, 19:38

Spoiler: show
X-men Black...
https://www.newsarama.com/40841-x-men-b ... -fall.html
Well, somehow I feel relieved that he is not just banishing and he is continuing his story somewhere... and Im ready to see an edgy take on the Xmen... or should we call it Brotherhood?

Magnus

Re: Another new tittle (and its not Uncanny)

Post by Magnus » 16 Jul 2018, 19:39

Too bad they didn't have the guts to call it X-Men Purple

Or at least have him in his black outfit...

Fenix

Re: Another new book (and its not Uncanny)

Post by Fenix » 16 Jul 2018, 19:50

I really hope they dont put him back into his original costume.
He has had several really good costumes now and that would be not flattering, even if it is quite symbolic.

I wonder if this is going to be X-men meets the Brotherhood and X-Force or something different.
I wouldnt mind Magneto doing its first arc recruiting former allies and friends for his new crusade, like Jean did...
Daken, Polaris and Danger could be easily the first ones IN, if he goes and recruit Exodus, Frenzy and Voght then we are talking serious...
And if he goes and recruits some Daken's former colleagues like Mimic, Weapon Omega and Dark Beast and some new allies like Maddy or former students... I would have a stroke :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 16 Jul 2018, 20:28

I hope that’s just a cover and he does stick with his current costume
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » 16 Jul 2018, 20:44

Probably about hunting down mutant murderers and honoring post Extermination dead X-Men members.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 16 Jul 2018, 21:44

Ha! X-Men Black. They're probably not actually getting rid of Gold and Blue if they're doubling down on the color motif with Red and Black. We're probably just getting a new volume and creative team.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 16 Jul 2018, 22:37

I think gold and blue are done.
But you never know with Marvel, what we can expect is that whatever they do they will wait for Extermination to finish to carry on...
I dont really like all this color thing, I would rather seeing X-Factor, X-Force, X-Men Academy, The Brotherhood... I think they are relying in the Xmen name to sell but its becoming a joke.
Magneto's Xmen should go for something like Xtreme or Dark Xmen or simply a new name, but they are still recycling this idea..

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 16 Jul 2018, 22:45

So X-Treme X-Men isn’t recycling...but X-Men: Black is? Lol

Maybe I’m bugging...cause I think X-Men:Black is a brand new name whereas x-Treme has been used before.

Also, how is calling it <insert adjective> X-Men, NOT relying on the X-Men name to sale but adding a color at the end is? Is there some science about people focusing on adjectives in the front but not in the back that obfuscates the word “X-Men” lol...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

MrFOOM

Post by MrFOOM » 17 Jul 2018, 04:54

So I'm guessing it's an X Villain book hence Black? I was hoping they'd drop the colour thing with Blue and Gold but I guess now we have the Red and the Black.

I hope the next main X title that replaces Gold isn't a colour name.
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 17 Jul 2018, 06:48

I...like the color thing. It's easy, and less convoluted, and not as kitschy as X-Treme AdjeXtives. Not that I hate on those, just this seems more modern to me.

And I want X-MEN: PINK starring Dazzler, Northstar, Pixie, Angel, Psylocke, Anole and Rockslide sooooooo

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 17 Jul 2018, 06:51

Agreed, the color thing never bothered me. I'm sure we'll get back to Uncanny at some point, but the color names were easy to remember.

I want X-Men: Rouge starring Rogue though.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 17 Jul 2018, 07:54

I love the colour thing - makes things nice and simple and I like that, in teams such as Red and Blue it gives them a vague colour theme to go off.
Excited for this - I love Magneto. Shame Bunn isn't writing it and continuing his journey with Magneto, but excited nonetheless.
I'm assuming the J. Scott Campbell cover is a variant, so I guess we won't know what Mags is actually going to be wearing until SDCC at the earliest.
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 17 Jul 2018, 08:25

Blackcyclops wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 22:45
So X-Treme X-Men isn’t recycling...but X-Men: Black is? Lol

Maybe I’m bugging...cause I think X-Men:Black is a brand new name whereas x-Treme has been used before.

Also, how is calling it <insert adjective> X-Men, NOT relying on the X-Men name to sale but adding a color at the end is? Is there some science about people focusing on adjectives in the front but not in the back that obfuscates the word “X-Men” lol...
In Spain we have a popular phrase that says:
A buen entendedor pocas palabras bastan.
I think the translation is something like "a word to the wise is enough". It happens quite often that we dont understand each other's comments completely, right?

So, what I meant is not necessarily that I want "Xtreme Xmen" but that I would like to see the return of other X-Titles like X-Factor and others related I mentioned.
When I used Xtreme or Dark as example was because I was going for a fitting adjective that is not a color, as Im saying that Im not very much into this XMen rainbow names.
Its really soon and we have no further info but if Magneto is going back to villain leaving this grey area where he has been moving the last years I cant stop thinking that he is not starting a new X-Men team but something more similar to X-Force or his Brotherhood without the X-Men approval, and X-men sells as a brand and thats probably the main reason for X-Men Black even if they could work out something different.

But thats just my opinion, Im totally happy if the majority of you like Xmen Blue, Red, Black and Gold ;)

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 17 Jul 2018, 14:38

Non X-Men X-Books don't tend to sell well, so they're taking the Avengers approach; just give every X-Book a title with X-Men in it. I think the color scheme set-up is fine; it harkens back to the old Blue/Gold squad approach that was the X-Men in their heyday. I just didn't like the book that was being written (in Gold). Blue has been pretty good but the O5 have overstayed their welcome, which is putting alot of folks off of that one as well. Once we get past this next event and we can reshuffle, I don't see a problem with having four color-coded squads.

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 17 Jul 2018, 19:57

EphemeristX wrote:
17 Jul 2018, 14:38
Non X-Men X-Books don't tend to sell well, so they're taking the Avengers approach; just give every X-Book a title with X-Men in it. I think the color scheme set-up is fine; it harkens back to the old Blue/Gold squad approach that was the X-Men in their heyday. I just didn't like the book that was being written (in Gold). Blue has been pretty good but the O5 have overstayed their welcome, which is putting alot of folks off of that one as well. Once we get past this next event and we can reshuffle, I don't see a problem with having four color-coded squads.
I agree, its all about marketing and this might be working for Marvel so probably this formula is staying.

I think they use colors to name squads in the army too, so using this tool to identify the different X-Men teams could be funny if they even address it in panels so instead of saying Jean's X-men they can say the Red Squad...

However I miss some diversity here, I think there is enough space for more X-Factor, to make New Mutants as a ongoing book... even Excalibur...

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 22 Jul 2018, 19:44

Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 22 Jul 2018, 20:47

I love it!

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 22 Jul 2018, 20:54

Focus on villains ... yay
Claremont’s back... not so yay
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 23 Jul 2018, 05:49

Well, it's for a Magneto story. I think he'll do it justice. And it's just a one-shot, so.

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 23 Jul 2018, 07:08

Gremlin wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 20:54
Focus on villains ... yay
Claremont’s back... not so yay
Backstory about Apocalypse. I think he recruits these villains as Horsemen in the next big X-event.

Emma, Magneto, Mojo, Mystique and Juggernaut as Horsemen would be interesting

Or Mystique will be the new Apocalypse and rest Horsemen, she did take a dark seed pellet from Iceman when he was turned
"You're always sorry, Charles, and there's always a speech. And nobody cares."

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 23 Jul 2018, 15:44

BEHOLD: MOJO, HORSEMAN OF RATINGS

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Jul 2018, 16:00

Magnus wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 15:44

Literally the only way I’d be cool with that...

The backups are prolly leading to something but I doubt to recruit each villain into his Horsemen though.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 23 Jul 2018, 16:31

Magnus wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 15:44
Mojack Horseman?

Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Jul 2018, 21:43

I almost actually fell out my seat lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

totaldarknessin

Post by totaldarknessin » 24 Jul 2018, 22:13

My Wish for Apocalypse

1: Don't make him suck. Powerset wise, he should be nearly as effective and nearly as powerful as Thanos, but often times he is depicted as constantly in need of a body. 1. I would get rid of that. But even if you keep that, these bodies should last a long time, and for Marvel time, it should mean that he is never in need of a new one.

2. He can't keep recruiting weak people for horsemen, he can't keep recruiting X-men for horseman as they are liable to come to their senses and betray him. His Horseman really should be like the Black Order. They need to be powerful, loyal, effective, and lasting. Meaning, you shouldn't have a 5-6 part story and have several of the horseman already killed or defeated, and next time he shows up, he is in need of another new set of horsemen.

3. He needs to be Apocalypse. Not Angel, Not Evan, Not some kid shot by fantomax, he needs to be Apocalypse. The Thanos of the X-Men, the Darseid of the X-Men.

4. He needs to actually do some fighting. Quick, alternate realities don't count. When was the last time anyone has seen Apocalypse do anything? When was the last time he killed anyone. When was the last time he gave someone of any significance a beat down. When was the last time we saw the use/expression of the myriad of powers he has.. you know, telepathy, strength equal to the Hulk and with access to additional mass that augments the strength, maleability, durability to wistand black bolt's scream (back in X-Factor) as well as others shooting him, speed, flight, energy projection, force fields, teleportation, and more.

If he is just going to be a punching bag for Strife or Cable (none of which should be able to touch him by the way), or be on the verge of death yet again, or be quickly defeated yet again, or have no impact yet again... Then I'd prefer they just shelve him until someone knows how to write him.

This guys video kinda sums up what I'm talking about. He also does a pretty good job with Marvel and DC stuff for anyone who is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0_RTJNVA3w