Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Weapon X-Force Lineup Revealed

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
EphemeristX

Weapon X-Force Lineup Revealed

Post by EphemeristX » 26 Jun 2018, 14:10

Article on IGN.

Sabretooth's new "Weapon X-Force" keeps Domino and Lady Deathstrike, drops Old Man Logan and Warpath, and adds Omega Red and Mystique. They also get a new black and orange color scheme.

What do you think? Mystique's popped collar looks really good -- I think she's the best design of the group. But this new slimmed down Omega Red is an intriguing design change as well.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Blackcyclops

Re: Weapon X-Force Lineup Revealed

Post by Blackcyclops » 26 Jun 2018, 14:24

This feels like the X-Men's version of the Suicide Squad or The Secret Six...and I wonder how they'll play that dynamic up.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 26 Jun 2018, 19:20

Dang I might need to start picking up Weapon X again...

I don't like Omega Red's headpiece being white/red when the rest is all orange/black.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 26 Jun 2018, 21:37

In this outfit, Omega Red is going to have to keep explaining his name like the Blue Rajah.

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 26 Jun 2018, 21:52

I think i can get behind this lineup, although I do have some faint objections... Well, not objections so much as this: I have always wanted to see an X-Force cast that was comprised of particularly brutal X-villains, but, like, led (forcibly) by one of the X-Men's antiheroes—Amanda Waller or Thunderbolts style. We've always come close to that model but never quite managed it as far as I know, unless you count the Freedom Force. Right? I could be wrong.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 27 Jun 2018, 00:52

Yeah this is more like the Secret six than the Luke Cage era Thunderbolts or usual suicid squad

My X-Men Draft Picks:

ev82

Post by ev82 » 27 Jun 2018, 01:58

I'm feeling this line up as much as I was feeling Uncanny X-Force Vol 1's line up. Since Remender proved me wrong about that book, I will be giving this a shot.
X-Men Editorial Draft
X-Men: Magik|Cannonball|Psylocke|Thunderbird II|Gentile|Petra
All New X-Factor: Havok|Frenzy|Forge|Sunfire|Bloodstorm(Mutant X)|Wild Child|Cipher

kalibeast

Post by kalibeast » 27 Jun 2018, 18:33

Those costumes are heinous. Mystique, gurl... wtf is happening.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 28 Jun 2018, 02:00

I love that this team of killers and criminals colour coordinated their outfits :lol:

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 28 Jun 2018, 10:20

The colours choice of black and orange would be fine - if it didn't combine with Omega Red (who's main colour motif is...red) and Mystique, who's blue with bright red hair.

Deathstrike, Saberetooth and Domino look fine in the unified scheme.
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 28 Jun 2018, 12:08

Mystique looks like a pirate, and i’m 100% here for that.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 28 Jun 2018, 16:08

Avast me hearties, yo-ho!
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 30 Jun 2018, 20:58

I still dont see why Domino would like to tag along the cast of X-Orange is the new X-Force Black...
I mean, she is a merc but she is an Xmen and this team is full of former (?????) villains...
Im going to keep an eye on this but just out of curiosity to see where they want to go with this book.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 01 Jul 2018, 17:53

Well, she was already hanging out with half the team and she's worked with Mystique. If Vic is really trying to offer Arkady a chance at rehabiltation, are his crimes any worse than Vic, Yuriko, and Raven?

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 01 Jul 2018, 19:12

Well, one thing is teaming up against someone targeting them all as a reason for this tittle to exist in first place while having Logan, Warpath and Domino with Yuriko and Creed... and another thing is having Logan AND Warpath gone and still stay with a team mainly composed by bad guys.
Omega Red has been consistently a villain since he was created.

I dont know, I can see how this team stays together without Domino, but I dont see why Dom would like to stay with them...

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 02 Jul 2018, 02:29

EphemeristX wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 17:53
Well, she was already hanging out with half the team and she's worked with Mystique. If Vic is really trying to offer Arkady a chance at rehabiltation, are his crimes any worse than Vic, Yuriko, and Raven?
Not really...you can bring up Sabes few hero turns pre-Inversion but he’a still committed some of the biggest atrocities of the x-world...so if she can be cool with working with him, why not the rest, so long as they’re doing hero stuff?

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 02 Jul 2018, 07:32

Domino has been a full right X-woman since she joined X-Force, no matter her origins or her background, just because she, along with Cable, Psylocke and some other members, has been able to go further when chasing justice than the traditional Xmen doesnt make Domino align with Creed, Raven, Yuriko and Arkady.
My point is that having Warpath and Logan was adding some equilibrium here, I could understand the Xmen rehabilitating former villains as they always do it, but even Rogue got more heroes to balance her team when she got Lady Mastermind and Mystique into her squad.
Here is just villains and Domino.
Am I the only one seeing it like a big strech?
I guess Dom is staying working undercover to keep an eye, other way I would stress myself understanding it.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 02 Jul 2018, 12:31

I’d say domino didn’t become a real full fledge X-woman till she joined the actual X-Men (or at least until the Loeb era when the team lived at the mansion)...I don’t consider membership on the auxiliary teams as being a full time X-Man most of the time. That said using Cable is a great example, Cable has done stuff against and differently than the X-Men before and he’s been more closely aligned with the main x-team more than Dom.

Again as EphX said she’s been spending time with this team for some time now and as long as they’re still heroing, I don’t think its a stretch that the lady who formed a merc team (Mercs for Money) would work with some former reforming mercs.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 03 Jul 2018, 06:45

Fenix wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 07:32
Domino has been a full right X-woman since she joined X-Force, no matter her origins or her background, just because she, along with Cable, Psylocke and some other members, has been able to go further when chasing justice than the traditional Xmen doesnt make Domino align with Creed, Raven, Yuriko and Arkady.
My point is that having Warpath and Logan was adding some equilibrium here, I could understand the Xmen rehabilitating former villains as they always do it, but even Rogue got more heroes to balance her team when she got Lady Mastermind and Mystique into her squad.
Here is just villains and Domino.
Am I the only one seeing it like a big strech?
I guess Dom is staying working undercover to keep an eye, other way I would stress myself understanding it.
I haven't read X-Force, but isn't it vilalins, Domino, and Sabretooth? Mystique is virtually an anti-hero at this point.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 03 Jul 2018, 12:14

I mean tbh alot of the really good X-villains are borderline anti-heroes...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 03 Jul 2018, 12:22

Blackcyclops wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 12:14
Thus, why are we all surprised when they end up as heroes? Deathstrike and Omega Red are the only people I believe haven't been heroes at one point.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 03 Jul 2018, 14:03

tokenBG1009 wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 12:22
Blackcyclops wrote:
Thus, why are we all surprised when they end up as heroes? Deathstrike and Omega Red are the only people I believe haven't been heroes at one point.
Mystique is suposedly "fixed" by both Xavier and Psylocke... and Creed is still inverted (or he should).
Lady Deathstrike and Omega Red are full time villains, they have never been anything but that, they were not even mercs, Yuriko had a very clear agenda respecting Wolverine and a dubious moral regarding the rest of the Xmen, and they have allied just because she needed protection or help, nothing out of her good heart.
Im not totally sure about what happens with Lady Deathstrike from all-female Xmen and how it actually relates to her original asian persona which she seems to be back to... but she wasnt any antihero then, just another villain.
And Omega Red has been a killer since his origins, even in flashbacks before becoming Omega Red he was a ruthless killer.

Im not saying Domino would feel uncomfortable working with mercs BUT Mercs for Money were heroes/antiheroes, not killers; AND Weapon X originally had two other Xmen members alongside her, they are well gone now and this is a different situation now since Jimmy told her to leave them and Domino refused.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 03 Jul 2018, 14:08

tokenBG1009 wrote:
Blackcyclops wrote:
And Lady Deathstrike has been on the border many times. She's helped the X-Men out in a number of storylines, including Wolverines.

Cable

Post by Cable » 03 Jul 2018, 14:12

Fenix wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 14:03
tokenBG1009 wrote:
Blackcyclops wrote:
Mystique is suposedly "fixed" by both Xavier and Psylocke... and Creed is still inverted (or he should).
Lady Deathstrike and Omega Red are full time villains, they have never been anything but that, they were not even mercs, Yuriko had a very clear agenda respecting Wolverine and a dubious moral regarding the rest of the Xmen, and they have allied just because she needed protection or help, nothing out of her good heart.
Im not totally sure about what happens with Lady Deathstrike from all-female Xmen and how it actually relates to her original asian persona which she seems to be back to... but she wasnt any antihero then, just another villain.
And Omega Red has been a killer since his origins, even in flashbacks before becoming Omega Red he was a ruthless killer.

Im not saying Domino would feel uncomfortable working with mercs BUT Mercs for Money were heroes/antiheroes, not killers; AND Weapon X originally had two other Xmen members alongside her, they are well gone now and this is a different situation now since Jimmy told her to leave them and Domino refused.
I think you have a point with her being the only one on the team who is not a straight-up villain at times. Usually there is more of a mix. (Really why the team has stayed together after the Weapon H stuff I don't get. Yuriko very recently tried to brutally murder OML's family and basically a whole town. Right after they helped each other in a life-or-death situation but still seems a stretch to forgive so easily). But as you said we can't really speak to it without seeing the first issue because maybe Domino is there with the intention to keep tabs on them from the inside or something. There are reasonable motivations.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers