Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

So those two titles get cancelled finally...

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.

Flapflop

Re: So those two titles get cancelled finally...

Post by Flapflop » 19 Jun 2018, 20:50

But what will they be replaced with?
"You're always sorry, Charles, and there's always a speech. And nobody cares."

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 19 Jun 2018, 21:06

I’m sure someone will say uncanny and adjectiveless lol...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 19 Jun 2018, 21:08

X-Men Green, starring a team of eco-friendly mutants led by Storm and dealing with natural disasters.
X-Men Pink, an LGBT+ team led by Iceman who will be the mutants' answer to Occupy Avengers.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 19 Jun 2018, 21:41

EphemeristX wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 21:08
X-Men Green, starring a team of eco-friendly mutants led by Storm and dealing with natural disasters.
X-Men Pink, an LGBT+ team led by Iceman who will be the mutants' answer to Occupy Avengers.

I want both!

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 20 Jun 2018, 07:34

My bet is we wont get adjetiveless Xmen just yet, just Uncanny.
We will have to wait till October to find out.

But im sure most of you knew this scenario was happening, it was cleae they were folding the arcs.
Also after talking briefly with Bunn and seeing what he posted in twitter It looks like Marvel did it again and ending Xmen blue wasnt in the plan for Bunn just now or in this way.
I hope he goes further explaining what happened.
I felt the Mothervine arc was cut much sorter than it was meant originally too.

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 20 Jun 2018, 07:49

Fenix wrote:
20 Jun 2018, 07:34

But im sure most of you knew this scenario was happening, it was cleae they were folding the arcs.
Also after talking briefly with Bunn and seeing what he posted in twitter It looks like Marvel did it again and ending Xmen blue wasnt in the plan for Bunn just now or in this way.
So another writer has his stories shortened and his book cancelled against his will because Marvel wants again a #1 to get new readers

Or, maybe the hiccup in the Fox-Disney deal (Comcast overbidding Disney) makes Disney force Marvel sidelining the X-men again because the movie rights aren't in the pocket.

But a return of Uncanny is most likely. Maybe with double numbering, so next to #1 also #6**
"You're always sorry, Charles, and there's always a speech. And nobody cares."

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 20 Jun 2018, 11:11

Flapflop wrote:
20 Jun 2018, 07:49
Fenix wrote:
20 Jun 2018, 07:34

So another writer has his stories shortened and his book cancelled against his will because Marvel wants again a #1 to get new readers

Or, maybe the hiccup in the Fox-Disney deal (Comcast overbidding Disney) makes Disney force Marvel sidelining the X-men again because the movie rights aren't in the pocket.

But a return of Uncanny is most likely. Maybe with double numbering, so next to #1 also #6**

I know we’re all just brainstorming here but...

Considering we got ANOTHeR X-title coming (three if you count them all), how you get “sidelining” out of this is just odd...

Also, as it’s been discussed before books are finished months in advanced. So Bunn would know his books was ending before we did. All his Twitter says is that #1 for now, as far as he knows, this is the end of his time on the x-books and #2 he can now discuss it.

And it’s far from nefarious to have a writer’s run come to an end before they can get out all the stories they want. .

And on top of all of that, like everybody but five people wanted the O5 gone in the first place...now that’s it happening, it’s the result of an evil conspiracy? So to assume it’s just because someone wants a new number #1 could be true (more likely part of the truth but not the whole thing) but it also could be possible that the story of the O5 ends with extermination and just like sooooo many people have been clamoring about for like a year now, it’s a new start. So you can end their story (and the godawful Guggenheim run in Gold) and start Fresh.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 20 Jun 2018, 13:30

Other than Jason Aaron on Thor and Dan Slott on Amazing Spider-man, these two got one of the longer runs on a title than most (36 issues). Plus Bunn got Magneto and Uncanny X-men before this. I think if they didn't get to tell all their stories, maybe they should have plotted better.

I am happy for this fresh start personally and am ready for the O5 to go home. My hope is for them to reboot Uncanny at a biweekly schedule, as combined with Astonishing and Red we would essentially have 4 main line X-books a month that way.
Current Pull List:
Extermination, Astonishing X-men, X-men Red, Iceman, Multiple Man, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Amazing Spider-man, Dr Strange, Moon Knight, Fantastic Four, Marvel 2-in-1, Mister Miracle

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 20 Jun 2018, 17:07

36 issues, fortnightly, lines up quite nicely with the usual 18 months between relaunches that seems common, so, not too surprised.

I won't shed any tears as the O5 don't work for me (hopefully this will finally wrap up their story), and Gold... :lol:

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 20 Jun 2018, 19:40

WorldWideWade wrote:
20 Jun 2018, 13:30
Other than Jason Aaron on Thor and Dan Slott on Amazing Spider-man, these two got one of the longer runs on a title than most (36 issues). Plus Bunn got Magneto and Uncanny X-men before this. I think if they didn't get to tell all their stories, maybe they should have plotted better.

I am happy for this fresh start personally and am ready for the O5 to go home. My hope is for them to reboot Uncanny at a biweekly schedule, as combined with Astonishing and Red we would essentially have 4 main line X-books a month that way.
If you count the entirety of Bunn’s run which has basically been one long Magneto story he’s essentially been writing since 2014... that’s 21 Magneto issues, 20 UXM and 36 X-Men blue (not counting any special issues I forgot). That’s 77 issues...that would place him 4th in most Avengers issues and prolly top 6 or 7 for most x-Men issues, I think. That’s not bad...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

MrFOOM

Post by MrFOOM » 20 Jun 2018, 22:29

Not so happy about Blue being cancelled, I enjoyed it for the most part, but I would not mind an X-Men (Uncanny or otherwise) relaunch at all. Ideally with a great writer / artist team that lasts a good while, not a fan of artists changing every so often during runs and even midway through arcs. Just stick to Monthly if you have to, there's plenty of X-Men books in a month now.

Most of The recent Marvel relaunches have been pretty exciting for me so hopefully X-Men can join that list.
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 21 Jun 2018, 01:19

Well and no one's saying Bunn won't be on one of the new titles, just that Blue is ending. I wouldn't mind his Polaris-led team or a new team with her on it written by him.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » 21 Jun 2018, 01:47

They said they're gonna stream line the books and kill Xmen in hints. Who knows reboot or remove most.

"We’re going to be throwing readers a lot of curveballs. All I’ll say is that this is a chance for us to clear the board a bit and that anything can happen to anyone at any time."

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 Jun 2018, 02:19

Dragonzombie wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 01:47
They said they're gonna stream line the books and kill Xmen in hints. Who knows reboot or remove most.

"We’re going to be throwing readers a lot of curveballs. All I’ll say is that this is a chance for us to clear the board a bit and that anything can happen to anyone at any time."
Isn’t that from CBR?

That doesn’t mean kill anybody lol...it just sounds like 1) new editor talk and 2)ending some books...not killing people...

Let’s take a deep breathe here and calm down...Astonishing and Red are continuing. Wolverine and X-23 are going...Weapon X just rebranded as Weapon X-Force and a new title just popped up. Plus Deadpool is still around and so far Old Man logan still is kicking...Emma popped up in infinity war promos (although it’s just a promo, so let me not to jump conclusions).
We got a major story in Extermination ending just as Gold and Blue are ending...which could possiblybeither means 1 or 2 new X-titles, that’s it. Anything else is just us letting our imaginations run wild...which is cool I guess but let’s noy state it like facts lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

ev82

Post by ev82 » 21 Jun 2018, 02:55

Lets also not forget this teaser released at the end of March:

https://www.newsarama.com/39271-marvel- ... x-men.html
X-Men Editorial Draft
X-Men: Magik|Cannonball|Psylocke|Thunderbird II|Gentile|Petra
All New X-Factor: Havok|Frenzy|Forge|Sunfire|Bloodstorm(Mutant X)|Wild Child|Cipher