Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

January 2018 Solicitations

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
summerset

January 2018 Solicitations

Post by summerset » 17 Oct 2017, 21:01

HoldenC

Re: January 2018 Solicitations

Post by HoldenC » 18 Oct 2017, 01:12

Bloody hell...what is Blink wearing on that Cable cover? That has to be one of the worst costume designs I’ve seen in a while.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 18 Oct 2017, 01:25

Blink just wants to show off that nice collarbone... lol

Sabretooth's face on the cover of Phoenix Ressurection #4 looks like "why did I show up for this?"

Any guesses on who the blond guy standing behind Xavier on Astonishing #7 is?

Not sure how I feel about those black/red costumes in X-Men Gold. Good look for Colossus and Nightcrawler, but for the others...?

Also not sure why they thought anyone would want to buy a "mind if I lick your ankle?" cover.

Jocasta Nu? Hell yeah!

ev82

Post by ev82 » 18 Oct 2017, 01:48

HoldenC wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 01:12
Bloody hell...what is Blink wearing on that Cable cover? That has to be one of the worst costume designs I’ve seen in a while.
its basically her origional costume with some modifications.
X-Men 2.0 Draft: Magik|Archangel|Sage|Revanche|Pete Wisdom|Chamber|Marrow|Caliban|Wild Child|Risque|Base: The World
Exiles Draft: Blink(AOA)|Rachel Summers(DOFP)|Psylocke(AOX)|Rogue(AOA)|Kymera(BOTA)|

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 18 Oct 2017, 01:59

I thought it was going to be Blink from Exiles, thats the costume they used for promos, not original Blink for the Phalanx Covenant, its quite confusing now...
Anyway, its a very revealing costume, or not even a costume, I dunno, I dont like it :(

Im so excited to see what happens with the teen Xmen!! I really hope they stay in the past even if that changes the timeline slightly, after secret wars and now voyager... who cares?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 18 Oct 2017, 08:22

ev82 wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 01:48
HoldenC wrote:
Yeah, it's like somebody attacked her original costume with scissors.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 18 Oct 2017, 09:54

ev82 wrote:
HoldenC wrote:
Given the story is about the Externals, the blurb focuses on Blink's importance, and she last wore that outfit when she was serving Selene I suspect she's been plucked from the downstream by Cable from sometime around after Necrosha. Just a guess, I'm only assuming they're all plucked from the timestream based on Shatterstar's appearance

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Oct 2017, 10:29

And X-23’s outfit and Longshot’s hair
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 18 Oct 2017, 12:18

CBR X-men Gold #20 wrote: You DO NOT want to miss the status quo-altering final page!
Final page of the issue or of the series? Seeing also the story of X-men Blue i think the latter :?

Again a X-men relaunch, even in less then a year (#1 was in April)? I know Marvel's love for relaunches but this is way to short

Or maybe Uncanny X-men will be back with #601, would fit in the Legacy renumbering 8-)
I do not give my word... unless I mean to keep it.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Oct 2017, 13:21

But it said nothing about a relaunch?m, maybe you’re jumping the gun?

You quoted it and it used good ol’ fashion hyperbole to say status quo altering, you know that stuff they always say in solicits (and arguably every story sorta kinda changes the status of the comic, unless out of continuity) lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 18 Oct 2017, 16:13

I hope the X-men Blue story lines wrap up fairly neatly in issue 20. I like the book but think I'll drop it after that issue. I have no desire to buy the Venom book once it crosses over in February. I am considering dropping Amazing Spider-man for the same exact reason. Too many books are double shipping or crossing over with books I don't buy and my wallet cannot take it. January seems especially egregious in terms of extra books I would potentially have to add on to my pull list. I am actually very interested in the Avengers No Surrender story line but don't think I want to drop several titles to afford the weekly Avengers book coming out. The same can be said for the Phoenix Resurrection limited series.

Am I the only one that feels like this over supply is getting to the point that they cannot keep up or afford the hobby?
Exiles Draft: Spider-gwen, Stormborn, Wolverine (Lee), Iron Maiden, Captain America 2099, Ultimate Captain America

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Oct 2017, 16:50

Counting the books this isn’t a larger amount of books than a “normal” month when you count minis and standalones.

What might be different, compared to awhile ago, is the growth in X-related material. I mean not that long ago the x-line was really small...now you go back further into the aughts and it’s the opposite (ALOT of books).

This month for example has double shipping for x-books, which seems uncommon but if you look back that about adds up to the number of books coming out pre-AvX and stuff. The only place the x-books reach outside is really in the Venom crossover coming in February. But I already wasn’t getting it cause Venomverse was boring...

ASM has had a heavy shipping schedule for some time (BND-era was almost weekly) so I’m good there.

And I already got Avengers, Uncanny and USA (plus I did get Occupy before it ended), so I’m not really reaching out. And I’m not sure yet if I’m getting Phoenix.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 19 Oct 2017, 06:27

I don't recognise some of the characters on the Champions cover. Who's the patriotic characters and the one in red next to him?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 19 Oct 2017, 10:35

The patriotic one is the new Patriot...the other one is new to me too.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Cable

Post by Cable » 19 Oct 2017, 10:42

I believe it is Red Locust, a new character that appeared in Champions #9
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 19 Oct 2017, 11:02

Magnus wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 01:25
Any guesses on who the blond guy standing behind Xavier on Astonishing #7 is?
I was wondering the same thing...

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 19 Oct 2017, 16:17

Gibbering Fool wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 09:54
ev82 wrote:
HoldenC wrote:
Given the story is about the Externals, the blurb focuses on Blink's importance, and she last wore that outfit when she was serving Selene I suspect she's been plucked from the downstream by Cable from sometime around after Necrosha. Just a guess, I'm only assuming they're all plucked from the timestream based on Shatterstar's appearance
But Blink was already rescued from the Necrosha thing and joined the New Mutants at that time, when X-Man was on the team. She's been around. We just haven't seen her in a while.

Rogue in Deadpool! Finally a mention of their friendship outside of the UA! Is she going to be in the Phoenix crossover? Also, where the hell is Dazzler now? I hate it when she's not in any books.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 19 Oct 2017, 16:24

Well the Cable story is a time travel story so take any covers with a possible grain of salt.

I think all X-characters are in the Phoenix mini series (it looks to be just a mini like Phoenix Endsong instead of a crossover between existing books or an event with tie-ins).

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Cable

Post by Cable » 19 Oct 2017, 16:31

Newly signed to an exclusive deal, Matthew Rosenberg has SEVEN issues coming out in January. He is as prolific as Bendis. They must really like what they are seeing.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 19 Oct 2017, 16:53

Cable wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 16:31
Newly signed to an exclusive deal, Matthew Rosenberg has SEVEN issues coming out in January. He is as prolific as Bendis. They must really like what they are seeing.
I really like his Secret Warriors series (The solicit suggests #12 may be the final issue) and he uses the X-characters quite a bit in there. I think they may be setting him up to take over the X-men. I could see Blue and Gold discontinuing around issues 24 or 25, and then Uncanny X-men being released as a weekly book starting with issue 620 or 650.
Exiles Draft: Spider-gwen, Stormborn, Wolverine (Lee), Iron Maiden, Captain America 2099, Ultimate Captain America

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 20 Oct 2017, 04:44

Mad that I've been roped into buying Jean Grey books because they feature Emma Frost. A cruel act.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 20 Oct 2017, 05:25

Cable wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 16:31
Looked him up and I ended up with a very different guy.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent)

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 20 Oct 2017, 07:34

Milkshake08 wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 16:17
Gibbering Fool wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 09:54
ev82 wrote:

But Blink was already rescued from the Necrosha thing and joined the New Mutants at that time, when X-Man was on the team. She's been around. We just haven't seen her in a while.

Rogue in Deadpool! Finally a mention of their friendship outside of the UA! Is she going to be in the Phoenix crossover? Also, where the hell is Dazzler now? I hate it when she's not in any books.
I figured she was plucked from post Necrosha pre-New Mutants time which is why she has the costume. In fact I hoped that would explain the change to a very bubbly personality in New Mutants :-D