Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Are the Uncanny Avengers Coming Back?

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
ultimatekey

Re: Are the Uncanny Avengers Coming Back?

Post by ultimatekey » 10 Nov 2022, 03:26

I found it a bid odd and really random that Rogue started showing feelings towards the Human Torch and they started dated for a brief period of time.

It seems at the end of the series, Rogue and Human Torch were about to become official until Gambit proposed to her and she accepted it.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Nov 2022, 04:30

Why? Johnny is around her age, has alot of experience woth trauma (he was repeatedly killed and resurrected), and when under good hands isn’t the worse person to have a little fling with.

As I’ve always said, the actually most unrealistic part of comics is how much sex isn’t happening between different characters.

Rogue wasn’t in love with. She was attracted to him and acted on those feelings.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 10 Nov 2022, 13:00

I remember Wanda having sex with Wonder Man during that run - I think right in the Apocalypse Twins' HQ or something lol.

Cringe moments aside, I really loved that run. When paired with Uncanny X-Force, it was stellar. Gotta re-read it.
he / him

📖: Morrison's New X-Men | DnA's Cosmic Saga | Hickman's New/Avengers & Secret Wars | Dawn/Reign/Destiny Of X
📺: Guardians | Black Panther | Ragnarok | Infinity War/Endgame | WandaVision | Loki | No Way Home | Multiverse Of Madness

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 10 Nov 2022, 14:25

It was absolutely fantastic to me as it showed Captain America and the Avengers working side by side with Mutants against both threats and did think they could have gone on so many different paths together for example get the Avengers to finally realize how awful some of the X-men's enemies really are such as the Purifyers and Sinister etc... Think Red Onslaught is where Xavier partially returned as the White-Skull if I recall and he seemed to take on a harder approach to humanity by telling Magneto he was right or something...

I only remember it for not making Wanda/QQ Magneto's kids anymore due to the dispute with Fox and Marvels obvious attempts at wrecking the X-Men as much as possible.

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 10 Nov 2022, 14:34

Yeah, it was a shame the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver thing was part of this - but otherwise I really enjoyed it.
Rogue/Johnny and Wanda/Simon made a lot of sense to me - they're all (or were at the time), sexy, single folks with ridiculously attractive looks - so I was all for it
"These are two hundred dollar Italian cashmere Kiki de Montparnasse stockings, Kurt. I'll only kneel in them if absolutely necessary."

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Nov 2022, 14:56

Wanda and Simon have a long history though that preceded this run. It has stuff to do with Vision’s brain thingy and all of that. Like Wanda was originally believed to be the reason he was resurrected the first (?) time.

The Wanda/Pietro stuff, being fair to Duggan, happened before his run. He did pair up Rogue and Human Torch but it felt organic. Given how attractive he’s supposed to be, it shocks me that more X-Men haven’t tried to shag him lol…it’s similar to how every Marvel man has flirted with Storm because in-universe she’s supposed to be like unbelievably attractive.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 10 Nov 2022, 19:47

Honestly, being a huge Romy fan, I really like the idea of Rogue/Johnny. The few issues I did read of it, they seemed like they genuinely were friends (with benefits). And why can't Rogue have a little fun? Gambit has had all sorts of women when he's been outside of their relationship, it's only fair she gets to experience some flings outside of him. Rogue/Johnny is probably the only pairing I could really support for her outside of Remy, because Johnny's hot, cool, fun, but also kind and affectionate. Plus wasn't that when Laraz was on art?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Nov 2022, 20:59

Yes it was!

Yeah I think Johnny gets a bad impression because in non-FF titles when he guest stars, he’s played very 1-note.
-Cly

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 10 Nov 2022, 22:09

It was much better than Rogue's supposed affair with Sentry that was very one-sided and only occurred off-panel when he was dead. I think the two made a nice pair. She seems to have a type, because Iceman (pre-coming out) and Johnny are very similar. It's funny though because Gambit is NOT that type at all.
Savage Avengers Draft: She-Hulk | Elektra | Echo | Gamora | Rogue | Chun Li | White Widow | Shuri

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 10 Nov 2022, 22:32

Rogue does love the gay bois :lol: I LOVED that joke in the X-Men: 92 House of XCII.

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 21 Nov 2022, 09:59

Well maybe she thinks of Gambit as older version of them but more dark/mysterious maybe?

Please really want this book back can see it happening if Wolverine leaves maybe others will follow him like Gambit/Rogue. My ideal team would be

Wolverine
Gambit
Rogue
Scarlet Witch
Wonder Woman

With Captain America as leader, I dislike him but he was better suited than Havok who was to be honest a bit up himself during the whole series.

Such as shame they ruined it all with Red Onslaught, and Xavier returning as a part of the Red Skull. That did traumatize him a lot leading to Krakoa.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 21 Nov 2022, 15:42

Wonder Woman? Is this a crossover book now? :D
Savage Avengers Draft: She-Hulk | Elektra | Echo | Gamora | Rogue | Chun Li | White Widow | Shuri

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 Nov 2022, 15:57

Anna Raven wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 15:42
Wonder Woman? Is this a crossover book now? :D
Lol
-Cly

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 21 Nov 2022, 16:48

Looking forward to more Uncanny Avengers especially if Rogue is involved.

This is a bit off topic but related to comments earlier in the thread. Back when the first three X-men movies came out, Iceman was played straight with his parents treating his mutation as a parallel for homosexuality. However, I wonder if Bobby was supposed to be closeted in the movies after all.

He dated a girl he couldn't touch and then left her for a girl whose actress in real life was a lesbian who eventually transitioned to male. While Elliot Page's future could not have been predicted back when the movies were made, it is interesting in retrospect and makes me wonder if these potential hints at movie Bobby partially influenced his change in the comics.
Books to be excited for:
The X-cellent, Immortal X-men, X-men Red, Knights of X, X-men XCII, She-Hulk

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 21 Nov 2022, 22:49

Its possible I remember they kind of played on this in the comics a lot withoutstating it until later on, he didn't show any interest in Jean Grey and never had any team female crushes. Doubt that he and Kitty got together in the movies as I think Rogue died but this was erased in Dofps. Possibly the single greatest X-men film ever made.

I hope the Phalanx are made to resemble the DOFPS Sentinels they were bad arse!!

I think Wolverine will leave due to what Beast is doing to him which is unbelievably evil. They could expand this aslnd gave a group of X-men join other teams.

If they do a new film think Beast should have a role similar to his current one and do something unforgivable to Wolverine.

Jesse James II

Post by Jesse James II » 22 Nov 2022, 20:02

Huh? Just... huh?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 22 Nov 2022, 21:02

Jesse James II wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 20:02
Huh? Just... huh?

Just let it go…lol
-Cly