Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Judgement Day is Coming

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
EphemeristX

Re: Judgement Day is Coming

Post by EphemeristX » 03 Feb 2022, 19:51

Well, remember, A was powered by Celestial tech beyond is actual powers for a number of years, something that has largely been forgotten/unutilized for years. So, it very well could be A and he's the actual link that connects Mutants to Eternals.

Or it could just be Thanos.
I really wanna blow your mind
but I haven't got the time.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 03 Feb 2022, 19:54

Given events he may change his costume…
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 04 Feb 2022, 16:15

So will there be a new Apocalypse? we could end up with a Human Apocalypse for the first time maybe the Celestials reject the Mutants as abominations and as punishment create a human Apocalypse that would be cool.

So are the Eternal comics worth reading don't really know anything much about them except the Mutants seem to be very much related to them so wondered if they could be the same race?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 04 Feb 2022, 16:20

???

Eternals are related to humans broadly, not mutants specifically…

You should read their current series, absolutely.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 04 Feb 2022, 18:54

I'm sorry you obvious guess I'm an Apocalypse fanboy! loved him AOA and the film wasn't too bad but didn't do him justice. Believe he has fought the Eternals before so maybe he will return to the fight?

I did google the Eternals and they do use a Great Machine to essentially become Immortal but it kills someone on Earth each time. Maybe the Mutants help them resolve the problem and in so doing so improve greatly there own resurrection process in the end.

Will read the Eternals at some point should I watch the film?

Cable

Post by Cable » 06 Apr 2022, 14:34

There will be a mini called Death to Mutants by Gillen
Best Comics of Week 19

X-titles: X-Men #11 by Gerry Duggan (6) and Pepe Larraz (2)
Non-X titles: Captain America Symbol of Truth #1 by Tochi Onyebuchi (1) and R.B. Silva (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic this year

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 06 Apr 2022, 18:28

Cable wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 14:34
With, oddly, a cover with no mutants on it...

Cable

Post by Cable » 06 Apr 2022, 18:39

Magnus wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 18:28
Cable wrote:
Because they are all dead ;)
Best Comics of Week 19

Non-X titles: Captain America Symbol of Truth #1 by Tochi Onyebuchi (1) and R.B. Silva (1)

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Apr 2022, 21:26

Cable wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 18:39
Magnus wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 18:28
Cable wrote:
Because they are all dead ;)
It looks like from the text the battle is between the “regular Eternal citizenry” and the heroic factions
-Cly

Dartalon2

Post by Dartalon2 » 07 Apr 2022, 06:36

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 01:20
Here come the retcons & eugenics! Mutants are specifically not Deviants!
Already done that one. https://www.cbr.com/marvel-axe-body-spray-superheroes/

Cable

Post by Cable » 07 Apr 2022, 14:50

Here is Ewing's X-Men Red tie-in issue
Best Comics of Week 19

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 05 May 2022, 22:45

Calling it now— Synch is going to be absolutely clutch in winning this
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 06 May 2022, 14:13

here's hoping that it doesn't require Synch sacrificing himself.

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 14 May 2022, 17:57

Well it is also possible that Mutants are actually Eternals?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 May 2022, 18:52

Well that wouldn’t work given what Gillen has established about Eternals…I’d recommend again to check out the book. Super good!
-Cly

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 May 2022, 19:26

Part of me wonders why Marvel keeps pitting the X-Men against other franchises when you don't see it happen as much with others.

We've had:
Avengers vs X-Men
Inhumans vs X-Men
Fantastic Four vs X-Men (sorta)
Eternals vs X-Men (Presumably)

The rational part of the brain says it's because the X-Men are basically the only Marvel franchise you CAN put others against. The other part of me is kind of tired of it.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 May 2022, 20:04

I guess it depends on how you define the VS (mind you the X-Men VS Fantastic Four wasn’t the first time it happened…neither was AvX, we also had XvA) situation. We’ve had Avengers vs Defenders and Avengers vs Thunderbolts…

This time we at least have X-Men vs Eternals vs (sorta) Avengers
-Cly

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 15 May 2022, 09:24

Well to sell comics I guess but Marvel has bluntly speaking broken the major story changing events with far too many of them some even happening at the same time due to publishing errors.

This one going to wait till the entire story comes out as will likely enjoy it alot more.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 16 May 2022, 04:43

tokenBG1009 wrote:
14 May 2022, 19:26
Part of me wonders why Marvel keeps pitting the X-Men against other franchises when you don't see it happen as much with others.

We've had:
Avengers vs X-Men
Inhumans vs X-Men
Fantastic Four vs X-Men (sorta)
Eternals vs X-Men (Presumably)

The rational part of the brain says it's because the X-Men are basically the only Marvel franchise you CAN put others against. The other part of me is kind of tired of it.
I think it's 75% because of their popularity and 25% it's "easier" plot-wise. Avengers might have equal-to-more cachet now because of the MCU but they're also a bit tougher because they are more straitlaced good guys. It's not that hard to come up with a reason for the Inhumans or Eternals or Thunderbolts to be pitted against the heroes but they don't sell nearly as many issues.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 16 May 2022, 11:27

I guess if you’re defining it only by “events” than the X-Men have had 3 (AvX, IvX, and now AXE)…if not then it can maybe add in FvX (which again not the first time they had an antagonistic meetup), while in that regard you’d had AvD, AvT, and you could sorta say AvGotG (that’s maybe a stretch). So 5 solid ones for the Avengers (AvT, AvD, XvA, AvX, and AXE) anf possible 6th, while the X-Men had 5 (AvX, IvX, XvA, AXE and FvX). Of course Spidey trumps all lol
-Cly

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » Yesterday, 05:32

I don't think FvX really counts to be honest it wasn't a world-changing/ending event more Mr Fantastic did something wrong against Mutants for good reason and Xavier/Mags didn't like it at all.

can i swap the word broken for saturated as it makes more sense in this regard. It just that there are so many major events they don't seem to be live up to the hype or be that well written in some cases.

Think yes will wait until the entire series has been collected in TPB format as personally find them easier to understand than comics and more enjoyable.

I do wonder if the Eternals are meant to wipe out excess deviation which Mutants would you consider to be the most deviant? if we consider the eradication of the Mutated Hive-Monkey scene by Uranos as an example in FCBD: AVENGERS/X-MEN #1 I would say; all of the reality warpers and maybe Krakoa itself being a hive-mind mutant Island. So I can see why the Eternals will start a war with them however does this also apply to other human races such as Inhumans/Atlanteans? assume deviation must happen with them as well?

Curious to see how the Eternals will attempt to wipe out the X-men

Also another side note which deserves a topic thread is that Marvel pitting the X-men vs everyone angle could be due to how they will be "hopefully" introduced into the MCU based very very very loosely on Krakoa model and I'm not a fan of Krakoa.